New York Bondsman ...... • PUBLIC SECTION • Media Coverage • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Re: New York Bondsman ......
 Post Posted: Thu 08 Aug 2013 18:09 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1366
Experience: 7 - 10 years
Good..the courts made an example out of him.

" Yeah, I see ya, you ding dong..."

Post Posted: Thu 08 Aug 2013 20:10 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Experience: More than 10 years
13 years in this business.... I can only think of 2 bonds that I personally have revoked... no BS... two... and those two were due to some really bad situations... I have had a few where the indemnitor decided to come off the bond and in many of those instances... we found another indemnitor that stood in and the bond was not revoked, I do charge a $200 fee for changing the indemnitor but I stayed on the bond, hell, I have even stayed on bonds when the judge has asked me in open court, "Mr. Marx, do you wish to stay on this one?" and I have stayed because I have the conviction that the defendant will do what is proper, I have very rarely been burned doing this.... people trust me to be fair with them, my reputation and my character are on the line... you may find this difficult to understand, those two items are more important to me than the money. The numbers in this case are absolutely questionable, but we all have circumstances that may warrant unusual actions... who am I to judge... I can only be responsible for my own actions... my opinion on this will remain with me.

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Fri 09 Aug 2013 05:48 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1208
This CREEP will be BACK in business within a month under another persons name. Happens all the time.

Ph. (201) 538 - 2947
Fax (201) 342 - 5405

Post Posted: Fri 09 Aug 2013 10:46 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1988
This gentleman has a strange way of conducting business , however it is his money on the line. The defendants or co-signers have agreed to the contract and if they violate the rules for release the defendant is subject to return to jail.

Now I am not saying that I agree with his practice but it is a tort issue to violate any contracted matter. Secondly if he appeals this issue to a real court it most likely will be a different outcome. One only need to remember that a Administrative Law Judge has no real power outside of the agency that he/she works. A real court will have the last word in this matter.

Tel: 1-800-387-0787

Anti-Moral Majority Club President
"Fear not the unknown, Fear the person who controls the unknown" Gene 7:14

Post Posted: Fri 09 Aug 2013 13:32 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Well, if the ALJ has jurisdiction over the licensing of bail agents in NY, then their ruling is the final say.

In CA, all bail license issues is handled by an ALJ at a department of insurance hearing. Their rulings are final, unless appealed. The appeal goes to another ALJ within the department of insurance.

It is a very rare occasion that a ruling is overturned.

Post Posted: Sun 11 Aug 2013 05:41 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
He was arrested in the past for striking someone in the head with a firearm. He pled guilty to a mis. charge. At the time he was on PBUS board of directors.

Post Posted: Mon 12 Aug 2013 10:57 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

He technically is still on the Presidents Council of the PBUS. It is for all state association presidents.

Now from what I have seen and this article also mentions, he is the only member of the NY Bail Agent Association, so it may be empty position.

Post Posted: Mon 12 Aug 2013 18:26 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
tsuggs wrote:
He technically is still on the Presidents Council of the PBUS. It is for all state association presidents.Now from what I have seen and this article also mentions, he is the only member of the NY Bail Agent Association, so it may be empty position.

I happen to be the President and CEO of the TSC.... (you do know what that is??.. right??) also, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Sergeant at Arms... and whatever that position is that dictates how to run a meeting.... "PartMentalAlien".... or is it.... "Parliamentarian" or something like that?? there are a couple of other members but none of them wanted to run for office and besides... I was the only one with a set of handcuffs and a gavel... and my lime green Walmart water pistol was still full of Clorox... (you do know that story.... don't you??)

Sorry, I just had to get a little stupid on this one.... it was getting too serious... I mean.... hey... 15 surrenders in one day.... and this is acceptable because of what??????? I give up... I can see no excuse regardless of contracts and the legality of same.... BS in my opinion.... :roll: :shock:

I'm not saying there are not times that pulling a bond is not warranted but as said.... maybe 2 or 3 in my entire career.... when I see bondsmen doing this as a matter of business.... it tells me a lot about the man and his business practices.... period... and 15 in one day.... no way.

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Wed 27 Nov 2013 10:19 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

http://www.brooklyneagle.com/articles/f ... -26-200000

This is strike 2 against him. He may have only one appeal left to the NY Supreme Court.

Post Posted: Wed 27 Nov 2013 22:40 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4640
Experience: < 3 years
Wow..!! the fact that he could find 15 of them in NYC. Innocent until proven guilty, but if his intentions are to intentionally manipulate the system for his own benefit then he deserves the shit storm that is coming his way and he gives everyone else a bad name...

Now is it possible that 15 of Bailee's moved, FTA'd..etc yes...and would he have a right to surrender them..I do believe yes...Now not knowing NY laws...maybe these fee's and other things are illegal then we are right back to he deserves what he gets...Thoughts?

KARMA wrote:
wow . . . 15 surrenders on ONE day ?
Dave . . . just how does it work over there ?

Bail Bondsman
NPN: 17113240
Holmes Bail Bonding
Johnston County, NC
(919) 376.6661

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Media Coverage