Family Bonds • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Family Bonds
 Post Posted: Fri 13 May 2005 22:46 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4006
Experience: More than 10 years
I read somewhere that the show was a documentary rather than a reality series and would not be returning for another season, I'll try to find where I saw it and post it if I do.

I wish it would return because I really enjoyed watching it, Tom helped me with a case a few months ago, he and his team really work hard.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat 14 May 2005 08:17 

This is why TV is so screwed. A documentary type show doesn't give the BS factor a NON-reality like Dog's does. All TV execs want is over the top nonsense with no regard for right from wrong. I know are jobs are boring, but do we really need Mr. Fishnets being the only source for a look into the bail industry. AMW and COPS has worked for years, without any BS. Maybe FOX could give bail enforcement a try. Maybe A&E will start running a new show-"Chico the Mexican Prisoner"

Post subject: Cancelled?
 Post Posted: Sat 14 May 2005 08:35 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
I can't recall where, but the show may have been cancelled.

Now, I tend to view Family Bonds as a documentary based on the way it was presented.

Reality game shows have a beginning, middle and end with a specific goal and prizes for the winners.

If the show was in fact not picked up for another season, I suspect that the formula was partially a factor.

Curious people who want to see bail enforcement will not be satisfied with watching people get up in the morning, hang out at the nail salon, cosmetic surgery or natural child birth.

Mr. Chapman's show has a simple, gritty formula consisting of a quick glance at the family, a fugitive or two, the brief hunt and convenient pick ups. In essence, notwithstanding professional opinions, you get bail arrests.

Unfortunately, I don't think the same thing over and over will make it past the second season without doing something different.

One of the best shows I've seen is called (I think) "Sacramento Bounty Hunters" featuring Mr. Leanard Padilla and Rob Dick. It is a 2-hour show that is very well done and nearly all on point.

In Mr. Evangelista's case, he is running a bail bond company and seems to be chasing his own skips. From a producer's standpoint, there may not be enough bail enforcement because Mr. Evangelista is most likely writing solid bonds. To fill a series time slot, it was probably necessary to include non-bail related activity.

In truth, bail enforcement is largely boring and would not hold an audiences attention. Unless of coarse one is given to hamming it up for the camera with unprovoked verbal altercations on the street and other marketing devices, which the pros here probably would not do.

Rex

Post subject: family bonds
 Post Posted: Sat 14 May 2005 19:40 
in memoriam

I HAPPEN TO KNOW THAT FAMILY BONDS WILL BE BACK IN THE FALL(HBO IS SHOOTING RIGHT NOW WITH TOM AND SOME OTHER GUEST BEAS)

THERE ARE OTHER BEA SHOWS COMING BAIL CHICKS AND MORE I WAS OFFERED ONE ON A MAJOR CABLE NETWORK BUT WAS NOT GIVEN ANY SAY IN CONTENT AND REFUSED TO BE ANOTHER DU-DU.

AS FAR AS FAMILY BONDS TOM IS THE REAL THING(I DO NOT LIKE THE FAMILY DINAMICS THOUGH)

Post subject: Okay Then
 Post Posted: Sun 15 May 2005 07:02 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
I didn't know about the show either way, but I'm glad to see that it will run a new season.

I could see no reason to question Mr. Evangelista's veracity in any case whatsoever. Like I said, he is running a bail bond company and not just doing bail enforcement.

I may be completely off about the personal stuff. I'm not privy to what is suitable for mass consumption in terms of ratings. My remarks about the off-point topics is a personal opinion.

Hadley, you are smart not to participate without creative control.

Rex

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun 15 May 2005 10:50 
in memoriam

I called Tom on his cell phone this morning. Lucky stiff is on "vacation" at Myrtle Beach for bike week. He said he would be back in the office on Thursday and that the new series of Family Bonds will begin in September.

“What is sought is found... what is overlooked escapes” (Oedipus Rex)

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion