How To Respond if at all? • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: How To Respond if at all?
 Post Posted: Tue 03 May 2005 13:57 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: More than 10 years
Though my perusal was only cursory, it would appear that a certain message board is getting many questions from lay persons with dubious responses to the extent that one has to wonder whether or not a certain reaction to, arguably, misinformation, will eventually lead to more negative press at some point.

What I mean by this is that new people being supplied with bad information cannot be a good thing in the long run, I suspect. My first thought was to refer the new people here for the best information from honest pros, but I doubt that would have flown.

Nevertheless, I felt it appropriate to interject with alternative answers in such a way that my participation probably won't be welcome, but my responses were designed to direct people to the best possible information sources (local law libraries) without being hidden-agenda swayed or otherwise suffering from any type of monetary cloud obscuring the points I raised (do your own research).

Again, what I mean by this is that even new people should be suspicious when all the "Yes" answers from a given soarce have the same denominator consisting of spending money on their coarses.

Under these dynamics, is there any type of response to counter what could be arguably labeled as quasi-propaganda or are new people to be left to the devices of what appears to be a very curious operation indeed.

Rex

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 03 May 2005 20:23 

Rex,

I've had several posts deleted from here as a result of mentioning courses. Perhaps that was not the best idea (and please note that I do not personally offer a course nor do I have any financial interest in reccomending a particular course). My intent was to soley educate the requestor as to what was available.

In my opinion you're probably the most professional BEA in the business today. You work a tough territory and you have your head screwed on properly. As such, I think your gut instinct on how to guide a lay person should be relied upon.

Personally, I would just make it clear to these individuals that any courses they take are good only as indocs to the business and even if permitted by law they should not consider themselves a professional simply as a result of carrying a couple of certs.

- Jeff

Post subject: AGAIN GREAT POSTS
 Post Posted: Thu 05 May 2005 06:42 
in memoriam

REX AND JEFF AGAIN IN MY HUMBLE OPINION YOUR RIGHT ON TARGET WITH ALL YOUR POSTS
IF WE TALK ABOUT HELPING NEWBIES THE GREATEST HELP WE CAN GIVE IS A LITTLE OF OUR KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIANCE-REXS YEARS BEHIND BOTH A BADGE AND A BEA ARE INVALUABLE-WHILE I DO NOT KNOW JEFF HIS POSTS SPEAK VOLUMES ABOUT HIS EXPERTISE AND PROFFESSIONALISM-IF A NEWBIE TAKE ONE THING FROM THIS FORUM I HOPE IT IS A HEALTHY DOSE OF SKEPTICISUM(I AM A TERRIBLE SPELLER)ABOUT BEA SCHOOL OUT TODAY-IT IS JUST IMPOSSIBLE TO TEACH ENOUGH MATERIAL TO KEEP YOU ALIVE AND DOING IT RIGHT IN 2 -10-20-90-180 DAYS.IT TOOK ME YEARS OF TRAINING AND FIELD WORK WITH EXPERIANCED PEOPLE TO BE EFFECTIVE IN THE REAL WORLD---SO AGAIN I SAY BE SMART GET AS MUCH SCHOOLING AS YOU CAN AFFORD BECAUSE ANY SCHOOL HAS SOME GOOD INFO BUT IT IS NOT THE BE ALL END ALL
JUST REMEBER THIS JOB CAN GET YOU KILLED OR INJURED OR MAINED IN A NEW YORK SECOND-IT CAN TAKE AWAY YOUR FREEDOM-ALL THAT YOU WORKED FOR POSSIBLY YOUR FAMILY ALL THAT IN A BLINK OF AN EYE-SO REMEBER LOOK AND LISTEN AS WITH MOST THINGS IN LIFE IF ITS QUICK AND EASY IT AINT WORTH A DAMN- BY THE WAY I LEAVE MY NUMBER SO IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO SPEAK IN PERSON I WOULD BE HAPPY TO HELP

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion