What's Going Wrong Here? • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: What's Going Wrong Here?
 Post Posted: Thu 31 Mar 2005 16:26 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: More than 10 years
I was taking a break when I accidentally happened upon a forum that contained the following:

http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28585

What started out as a smoke & joke quickly declined into what could arguably be considered as blanket statements towards all BEAs.

Does the dialogue going on indicate public relations damage as a result of a specific TV show?

During my time posting bonds, I've bailed out surgeons, dentists, firemen, lawyers, and, dare I say it, cops; moreover, my team members have also bailed out cops from time to time. The point is that no one is immune.

I made this point on a cop forum, and it didn't go over so well.

It troubles me that while only an obscure portion of the country, BEAs in general may be sustaining image damage from reality TV and erroneous news accounts.

Rex

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri 01 Apr 2005 22:27 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2570
REX,
I went to the site after reading your post its sad but true this is as you know the opinions alot of LEO's have. I am glad to say that we don't have this problem here in Fort Wayne anymore but it use to be a problem i deal with are local LE agencies on an everyday thing as being a PI so i have worked hard to forge our relationship with them now i can call the Locals and they will make the arrest for us with our back-up. Sure saves us on any liability but it took hard work on my part to get it turned around to the way it is here now as they had many bad war stories with rouge BEA's around here for many years.

Retired Private Investigator & Bail Enforcement
NAM VET 1969- 1975 US Army (RECON)
Office 260-220-3877
1-888-631-5520
Fax 260-456-6062

Post subject: problems
 Post Posted: Sun 17 Apr 2005 12:34 
in memoriam

WE STRONGLY BELIEVE IN PD MAKING THE ARREST IF POSSIBLE WITH US BACKING THEM UP-IN NH THE LAW SAYS YOU MUST REPORT TO THE LOCAL PD BEFORE ATEMPTING THE ARREST-AT THAT TIME WE MAKE THE PD AWHERE OF OUR INFO AND REQUEST THEIR MANPOWER TO MAKE THE ARREST IF POSSIBLE.IF THAT IS NOT POSSIBLE WE MAKE THE ARREST THAN TO THE SKIP OVER TO THE LOCAL OFFICER SO HE GETS POINTS ON HIS OR HER STATS(GOOD AT PROMOTION TIME)IT HELPS MAKE FRIENDS AMONST THE STREET COPS -AND ALSO JUST ABOUT ERADICATES ALL LIABILITY(ANOTHER GREAT THING)--IN MANY SMALL TOWNS FELONY ARREST ARE HARD TO COME BY SO A FELONY SKIP ARREST MAKES AN OFFICER STAND OUT IN HIS DEPT PLUS HE TENDS TO TALK ABOUT US AND HOW WE WORK SO WE MAKE ANOTHER FRIEND

Post subject: Huh?
 Post Posted: Mon 18 Apr 2005 08:27 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

You know Hadley, I never thought of doing that, but I'm interested in learning how such action would be taken.

Rex

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 18 Apr 2005 08:43 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Amen Hadley! I always try and get Law Enforcemnt to effect the arrest for the same purpose. If they assist me I ask them if they would like to take custod unless I have to take them across state lines. It has always worked very well for me.

Post subject: Specify
 Post Posted: Mon 18 Apr 2005 09:12 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Let me be clear here.

What I meant by "that" was making the arrest after being denied assistance and then turning over the felony warrant arrest to a street cop for PR purposes. Apart from saving time on the booking, this may be worth further consideration depending on the jurisdiction.

Involving or attempting to involve police assistance is standard S.O.P. for me.

Rex

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 18 Apr 2005 11:05 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Rex, I would never question your methods and that was not what I was refering to in my post. I was just reaffirming Hadley's post so that those out in the field that are new to BEA work would get an idea of how to get cooperation in the future with thier actions of today. And always involving Law Enforcement if at all possible is the best choice.

Post subject: pd assists
 Post Posted: Mon 18 Apr 2005 15:46 
in memoriam

Rex only a few times were we denied help by pd-and it was because we were doing a bail revocation and than they even sent an officer to keep the peace,-even if an officer does not show up in time (sometimes when we are watching a house waiting for pd to respond the skip walks out and we make the arrest)i will call dispatch and ask for the sector car to meet us at the corner or on the next block(I like to clear the scene as soon as possible) i than ask the officer if he wants the arrest(they all say yes) and have the officer sign a body reciept-off to next one--again it saves time and effort and liability

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 18 Apr 2005 17:47 
in memoriam

I've been doing that for many, many years and passed on the tip to others.

“What is sought is found... what is overlooked escapes” (Oedipus Rex)

Post subject: 10-4
 Post Posted: Tue 19 Apr 2005 08:46 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Hounddog,

Sorry if I came off defensive. That wasn't my intent.

I'm growing fatigued with the growing news accounts of people running afoul for a variety of reasons, and I thought to clarify my first post in this thread to avoid confusion over operating methods.

Things here in the PRC are changing in terms of LE cooperation. More and more agencies are declining any involvement to include simply being handed a spare radio in case the need to preserve the peace arises.

Again, there is no uniformity in this matter. Some agencies--depending on the shift--will be responsive while others simply will not offer any assistance in any form whatsoever.

Getting out of the area where the arrest is made as quickly as is possible is sound advice and commonly done. Calling in a street unit to take credit for the arrest is a good idea whether or not the agency in question is willing to do so.

Rex

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion