Representatives Needed Now! • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Representatives Needed Now!
 Post Posted: Sun 30 May 2004 23:16 

Hi everyone. I am back. Have been on the road quite a bit lately. Good to see things are going well on fugitiverecovery.com.

Getting to the point, I have a concern. I know it is also a concern for many BEA's out in the field. I'm going to take a chance and call for action.

As all "salty dogs" know, there is no one law regulating our field. I have talked with people from the East coast to the West coast, and all are now expressing a concern that yes, local laws are being set, but what about a national federal law?

I believe that a national "all encompassing" law is needed, and so do most of the people that I talk to. The presesnt problem is that there is a lot of talk, a lot of organizations being "organized", and no action in that direction. We do have people representing us, but the question is, who are these people, what are their true qualifications?

I do realize that we have some people representing us now, some are BEAs and some are not. I and others question things such as; does being a BEA for a certain amount of years really make a person qualified to represent a nation full of BEA's before a legislative committee? Who elected them to speak for all of us in the first place? How are they presenting themselves? How do we know what they are saying? Are we being updated? Are they helping to set guidelines for the laws? What are those? How do we know that those are guidelines that will work for everyone? And the questions go on...

I am going to take a chance and hopefully stir up the pot and call for some action.

For professional BEA's, our future depends upon what is happening right now. Laws are changing quickly, from county to state level. We all know that the government is getting ready to really crack down hard and start taking a look at building a general conformity to the field. It is inevitable and it is good.

Somehow or another, between all of these forums and all of these different associations, someone needs to be able to bring us all together as one voice. There is no time to waste any longer.

I know, from talking to as many persons as I have, that there are people from every organization reading these forums and keeping up with them. This is not about competition or membership.

So, please, lets start batting ideas around and get an individual or a group allocatted to go to Washington. Lobbying is a full time job. Keep that in mind. There are grants, contributions, donations, whatever that can be made to help allay that persons or groups cost.

I have watched in frustration since the day that I became a BEA with the fact that there doesn't seem to be any mutual cooperation between the BEA's, the contracting companies, so on and so forth, with really getting something together and getting this done.

The fact that any organizations are being formed and maintained is good, but I believe that now is the time to really bring all of these seperate entites together and elect a committee or a group or whatever that has the time to dedicate to what is needed to be done.

I will be anxiously awaiting to see what happens. If you are from another organization and browsing, please, get this to as many people as you can. Lets see if we can't all pull together. SOON.

ANNIE

Post subject: National Coordination Needed
 Post Posted: Mon 31 May 2004 07:34 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: More than 10 years
Annie,

There is steel in your words.

Presently, states are increasingly enacting their individual laws concerning BEA qualifications, and this is generally agreeable; however, when a state law disallows a BEA from another state to go in and work then this is in direct conflict with the US Supreme Court's 1872/1873 ruling concerning the legal crossing of state lines.

For example, I am qualified in California, but I cannot--in my opinion--legally cross into Nevada to pick up a skip without contracting with Nevada BEA persons. In contrast, a Nevada PI or bail bond company owner may come into California to pick up a skip so long as PC 847.5 is followed.

I believe that a Federal standard is appropriate taking into consideration that the present trend MAY effectively eliminate a surety's right to cross certain state lines at some time in the future, which may be gounds for having a bond exonerated in open court.

The problem is that BEA work is commission driven, and this makes it difficult to establish a workable national network. For example, recently, I spent four months working a case where the skip slipped into a state that I was not qualified in. I could not find anyone to do a simple pick up without forfeiting my entire commission, which was not enough to cover my expenses in the case after logging in over 100 hours of time.

A Federal law that allows reciprocity between states is an incremental step towards getting what we want--slowly. It would be unwise to ask for too much up front. That's not how things get done. Ask for a small thing now, then again later, and then later again, and before you know it things have really changed.

Lastly, finding someone who will prioritize the national needs over his or her own needs may very well be the first obstacle. It is conceivable that a person capable of doing what is needed would have to be ambitious, tenacious, resilient, quick on his or her feet, and honorable.

Rex

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 31 May 2004 08:03 

Thanks Rex.

I agree, there is steel in my words. I said I planned on stirring the pot. I believe that more of a sense of urgency is needed regarding this subject.

I like your idea on the first step and believe you are right about how it needs to be approached. I also agree with the fact that the person/s who do this need to be reputable, etc...

How do we find this person and how do we get them going?

Post subject: Getting Them Going
 Post Posted: Tue 01 Jun 2004 12:08 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: More than 10 years
Annie,

Therein lies the problem.

I cannot think of too many people who bear the knowledge and selfless devotion needed for such an unprecedented task.

The right person would have to be able to make the right contacts, find a politician who could and would sponsor a bill, and then prepare and submit a draft that does not conflict with existing law(s) or cost money to effectuate & maintain.

This is a tall order without much to place hopes on.

Rex

Post subject: FED LAW
 Post Posted: Thu 03 Jun 2004 07:22 
in memoriam

AS MOST OF YOU KNOW I HAVE BEEN CALLING FOR A FEDERAL LAW FOR YEARS ALL TO NO AVAIL

NOW IS NOT THE TIME WITH MAJOR ELECTIONS COMING-IF THE DEMS GET IN WE WILL MOST LIKELY BE ELIMINATED ANY WAY

IF THE REPUBLICANS STAY IN POWER WE HAVE A CHANCE(A FRIEND OF MINE SITS ON THE US SUPREME COURT IN DC AND WE HAVE SPOKE IN DEPTH ABOUT THIS PROBLEM)YOU WOULD BE SUPRISED AS TO HIS OPINION.

HERE IS THE CRUX OF OUR SITUATION IT TKES TIME AND MONEY TO GET A BILL IN FRONT OF THE FED ALOT OF BOTH-I AM PERSONALLY WILLING TO SUPPORT BOTH WITH TIME AND MONEY AN EFFORT BUT WE NEED ALOT MORE-I BELIEVE THE SO CALLED ASSOCIATIONS ALL HAVE HIDDEN AGENDAS-WE NEED GRASS ROOTS SUPPORT FROM ALL BEAS FROM NEW HAMPSHIRE TO CA TOGETHER WE CAN SHOW A GREAT VOTING BLOCK WITH POLITICAL CLOUT AND FINANCIAL SUPPORT

WHO WOULD LIKE TO BE OUR FEARLESS LEADER?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 16 Aug 2004 05:08 

Federal regulation would be preferable. The regulations of nearby states have caused me to make the decision not to leave VA in the course of my investigations.

Post subject: fed
 Post Posted: Mon 16 Aug 2004 08:02 
in memoriam

AS I SAID AT THIS TIME I BELIEVE OUR ONLY SALVATION IS FEDERAL LEGISLATION-IF WE GO THE US SUPREME COURT WE RISK HAVING T VS T OVERRULED(A US SUPREME COURT JUSTICE IS A GOOD FRIEND OF MINE AND WE SPEAK ABOUT THIS SITUATION ALL THE TIME HE THINKS AT THIS TIME THE COURT WOULD LEAN TOWARDS OUR WAY OF THINKING BUT IF KERRY GETS IN HE WILL MOST LIKELY APPOINT 2 JUSTICES AND CAUSE THE CONSERVATIVE VS LIBERAL BALENCE TO FAVOR THE LIBERALS ELIMINATING OUR CHANCE OF A FAVORABLE RULING.SO YOU SEE POLITICS DO PLAY A MAJOR ROLE IN OUR LAWS.

AGAIN IRON IS IN YOUR WORDS BUT THE STUMBLING BLOCK IS MONEY MEGA DOLLARS IS NEED TO EFFECTIVLY LOBBY CAPITOL HILL-AS I SAID BEFORE -I AM WILLING TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE POT AS I THINK ANYBODY IN THE BEA BUSINESS SHOULD-I AM WILLING TO TRAVEL AND HELP IN ANY WAY I CAN.

REMEMBER OUR OPPOSITION WILL NOT BE SITTING STILL I SEE THE ACLU GETTING INVOLVED THE POLICE CHIEFS ASSOCIATION, THE SHERIFFS ASSOCIATION, ASSORTED STATES, ETC.LINING UP TO STOMP THE S--T OUT OF US-WE NEED A STRONG PLATFORM AND FINANCIAL SUPPORT TO WEATHER THIS STORM-REMEMBER THE NIBE THE NABEA THE ASSORTED FUGITIVE RECOVERY ASSOCIATIONS ALL HAVE THERE OWN AGENDAS AND THEREFOR ALL ARE SUSPECT AT THIS TIME.

WE NEED TO FIND A FRIENDLY POLITICAN TO CHAMPION OUR CAUSE BUT WITH ELECTIONS SO CLOSE IT IS ALL BUT IMPOSSIBLE AT THIS TIME- OUR ONLY HOPE IS GRASS ROUTE SUPPORT FOR ALL BEAS CAN WE PUT 1500 PEOPLE IN FRONT OF THE WHITE HOUSE WITH SIGNS TO MAKE US HEARD IF YES WE HAVE A CHANCE IF NO WE SHOULD JUST MEAKLY ACCEPT OUR FATE.
I FOR ONE DO NOT BEHAVE LIKE THAT I WILL STAND AND FIGHT
I BELIEVE THAT CHARLTON HESTON SAID IN SPEACH TO THE NRA MEMBERSHIP-THEY WILL GET MY GUNS WHEN THEY PRY THEM FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS
I THINK WE NEED THE SAME ATTITUDE AND BULLDOG TOUGHNESS TO ACHIVE OUR GOALS

FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME ANYTIME MY PHONE AND EMAIL 603-493-3400
HGINVESTIGATIONS@MSN.COM

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 17 Aug 2004 08:45 

Unfortunately, I can't remember the last time anyone standing in front of the White House has done a bit of good. What we need is for everyone to vote straight ticket Republican. A liberal Supreme Court would be *bad*.

Post subject: be seen
 Post Posted: Tue 17 Aug 2004 18:37 
in memoriam

STANDING IN OF THE WHITE HOUSE GIVES US A TOOL WE DO NOT HAVE AT OUR DISPOSILE---IT CALLED PRESS COVERAGE-WE ONLY GET SEEN WHEN ONE OF US SCREWS UP--THIS DAY AND AGE MEDIA COVERAGE MEANS VOTES AND POWER --HOW DO YOU THINK DOGGIE GOT RICH? I WILL TELL YOU IT AINT HIS HIGH IQ(3) MAYBE-- IT AINT HIS GOOD LOOKS AND CHARM-IT AINT HIS GREAT LOOKING WIFE--NO IT WAS THE MEDIA COVERAGE OF HIS SCREW UP. THEY GAVE HIM AN ID AND HE GOT LUCKY AND CAPITOLIZED ON IT. HIS OWN MONKEY SHOW AND TRAVELING WITH LYNARD SKINNER BAND-MONEY IS JUST JUMPING INTO HIS POCKETS

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion