If you carry a Firearm, what do you carry? • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: If you carry a Firearm, what do you carry?
 Post Posted: Tue 14 May 2013 23:44 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4150
Experience: < 3 years
Phazzer enforcer (Yep dealer just like rick)

Taurus 9mm pt92ar Uncle mikes soft holster (not very cheap but insanely accurate) I catch a lot of b.s. from people who call it my "Gangsta gun"

Taurus 431 .44spl Fobus paddle holster (It doesn't come out anymore)

Mossberg M590a1 Tactical 12ga. Speed loader stock, ghost ring, filled up with bean bag rounds (This baby stays in the trunk because I would rather need it and have it on hand, than not have it and need it. plus I dont like to run :D)

Bail License #40313820

Post Posted: Thu 06 Jun 2013 15:46 

I'm running a little behind the times on this thread, but have a desire to throw my 2 cents worth in as well.

I have 5 hand guns. I only carry 2, I'm in CA and I know that if I ever am in a position where I have to fire my weapon, I most certainly will lose it for a lengthy period of time if not forever. Therefore I carry my least favorite which is a Taurus 357 mag, 5 shot. I also carry my favorite which is an XD-40 Sub-Compact. One is in the gun safe the other is either on my body or in the console of my vehicle. The other three are in easy reach at home. (I'm still looking for a 9 mil for my ankle) As an agent, my goal is to get from point "A" to point "B" with body, money and vehicle intact. I've been paid by check, credit card, cash in denominations of 100's, 50's, and believe it or not 1's. I've been paid in parking lots, in jail lobby's, and in front of the court house. I had one lawyer pay me 5 K in 100's on the lawn in front courthouse with people milling around waiting for their cases to be heard. Had a waitress counting out 10's, 5's 1's as well as nickles dimes and quarters in the jail lobby. I am on call 24/7 so I've had many of these encounters in the middle of the night with a parking lot to cross.

I have an advantage over some of you, as no one (who doesn't know me) would ever suspect that I'm packing. The cops know, my friends know, and luckily I've never been messed with. (It must be the attitude, or maybe it my sweet little old lady persona).

Good luck with your choice of weapon. What ever you chose to use make sure you're more then proficient with it, and you've shot it under stress before you play John Wayne. Stay safe.

SB

Post Posted: Thu 06 Jun 2013 18:58 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Experience: More than 10 years
SB... I also have an XD sub compact .40.... that is the one that shot a nice hole in my den door, my leather lounge chair, my coffee table, the wall and into the dirt outside... and do not believe when they say... hollow points expand... it did not.... search for that thread and you may find it.... anyway, it is a very nice little gun that serves me well. I too do not present a formidable appearance when walking to and from business connections... I am old, rather overweight, gray haired and walk with a limp because of two titanium knees... but I can hit a pack of cigarettes at 15'... I must say in all honesty... I have never been accosted by a pack of cigarettes to date... I am not sure how I would fair against a determined adversary.... although I feel fairly confident that I could send some lead in his direction...

I like your style and thoughts.... you sound like your a pretty tough lady.... just always remember what I like to quote....

I have already said this previously but I will repeat it...... the Outlaws Josey Wales.... "A man's (or woman) got to know his limitations" and another.... "Over estimating your abilities is just as bad as under estimating your adversaries abilities" either of these can result in problems...

take care and good luck... if you have been in this business as long as you say and are still above water... physically and financially... you probably know what you are doing.... or you may be like me.... just good at fooling a lot of people.. :oops: 8)

See if you can make it down to Long Beach in July.... you can meet some of the more "colorful" members of this industry... colorful but certainly professional....

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Tue 11 Jun 2013 21:49 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: None
I carry a springfield xd 45 compact for my everyday carry, its a real beauty, imo it fires slightly better than the clock or sig, much more comfortable hold as well!

Post Posted: Wed 12 Jun 2013 18:34 
in memoriam

Quote:
than the clock

What type of clock do you have.... I have a Timex, gen 1, but it only holds 6 rounds and it misfires constantly.... 8)

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Tue 25 Jun 2013 20:50 
in memoriam

Oh well.... just bought another one.... a nice little S&W 'Bodyguard' .380.... I decided to give my little LCP Ruger .380 to my daughter... she looked at it and liked it so .... there ya go.... I'm such a succckkkkaaaa..... :oops:

The little Bodyguard has a lazer site on it.... has a good feel and fits my hand a bit better than the Ruger... I liked them both but after a bit of shooting... hopefully, I can get the feel for the S&W.... this won't take the place of anything in particular... just add to the mix.... I still like the other.... 'specially' the .45 1911's...

Image Image

I guess when I die... there will be no money and a room full a guns.... I guess somebody's gonna have some fun.... listen up crooks.... "gotta class A Security system... two dogs.... wife that is crazy and knows how to shuck and shoot her .12 Winchester pump and I am nearsighted and have a gun within arms reach wherever I happen to be... even in the bathroom.... so just be prepared when ya come knockin"... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8)

Post Posted: Thu 27 Jun 2013 13:48 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Experience: < 1 year
.40 cal sw ve 14+1 never jammed or had problems I love it and hopefully it will last to always keep me safe I also have the maverick 88 mossberg which is a very great self defense/ tac shotgun. hold 8 and I'm amazing skit with my weapons. standing still it in the move. there all I train with all I own but I take care if then better then myself keep them cleaned and at the end of the day I always feel safe..

Post Posted: Thu 27 Jun 2013 18:59 
in memoriam

Nice choice... all weapons are fine if you practice and know your limitations... I will repeat my constant advice... you probably get tired of hearing it but it rings true...

"Practice, practice, practice.... and remember.... OVER ESTIMATING YOUR OWN ABILITIES IS JUST AS BAD, IF NOT MORE SO... THAN UNDER ESTIMATING YOUR ADVERSARIES ABILITIES..."

"THE ONLY BAD CHOICE IN WEAPONS IS THE ONE YOU LEFT AT HOME"

Post Posted: Sun 07 Jul 2013 06:52 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Experience: < 1 year
Well, I am new to this but I am looking at a 1911 (.45). I see a lot more practical side arms but I have always favored this pistol as a personal choice.

NAFRA Member

Post Posted: Sun 07 Jul 2013 14:11 
in memoriam

mclarke wrote:
Well, I am new to this but I am looking at a 1911 (.45). I see a lot more practical side arms but I have always favored this pistol as a personal choice.

Great choice... there are many to choose from. May I ask which you are considering?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion