more problems • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun 20 Mar 2005 09:47 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2570
Experience: More than 10 years
HGunner,
I have seen many post on The US Recovery Bureau School it seams they tell people( New Enroll) That if they take thier training and if they graduate They will be issued a ID under US Recovery Bureau which is good to do Bail Enforcement work in all 50 States. As all uf us know this is totally untrue. This is one of those pop-up schools that prey on the unknowing for a fee. We have seen Schools now that will teach you to be a PI and issue you an ID and Badge( OF coarse this is extra money) They don't bother to tell you that thier badge and ID isn't worth anything as you still have licensing laws for your state you must meet that won't even include the hrs and money you spent at the school.

Retired Private Investigator & Bail Enforcement
NAM VET 1969- 1975 US Army (RECON)
Office 260-220-3877
1-888-631-5520
Fax 260-456-6062

Post subject: US Recovery Bureau
 Post Posted: Sun 20 Mar 2005 11:34 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4006
I knew something like this was likely to happen, I have been getting calls from people who took the class at US Recovery Bureau, they tell me their with the "Bureau" that their "Certified" to work in all 50 States because they paid extra money to join the "Bureau" and get a badge and ID.

When I told them the real story and that one of our requirements was that they had to work as an assistant under the supervision of an experienced BEA for a minimum of 6 months before being considered to work cases on their own, they told me that they could join the US Recovery Bureau and would be assigned cases through them.

Many of these people called months later looking for work and said they never got any cases from US Recovery Bureau.

It's outfits like this that are going to ruin this business. I think the FTC and States Attorney Generals Office should look into this and force real disclosures and prohibit false promises.

Post subject: More Bad News
 Post Posted: Fri 22 Apr 2005 14:37 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

I heard today from an investigator in the U.S. Attorneys Office ED-NY, that a man by the name of NIGEL SMITH was arrested at a federal park in NY for illegal posession of a firearm, no driver license, unregistered / switched plates on vehicle and suspicion of providing false credentials.

It seems this guy had a badge with the words "New York State" "Bail Enforcement " "Fugitive Recovery" he also had ID Cards that stated he worked for a PI firm and certification cards for firearms, ASP Baton, handcuffing and Pepper Spray, these cards did not contain any information about WHO did the certifying.

This guy is obviously a crackpot, maybe a USRB graduate.

Post subject: Golly
 Post Posted: Fri 22 Apr 2005 16:54 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Blue lights? Bad Ju Ju.

Confusing badge? Bad Ju Ju.

Car chase? Bad Ju Ju.

If one is inclined to use a badge for BE work, it is my suggestion that the style picked be inconsistent with the styles worn by LE in the area of operation intended; moreover, I strongly discourage the use of any word or combination of words that could cause the reasonable person confusion as to the authority of the wearer.

My suggestion, if a badge is absolutely necessary, is to use the name of a legitimate business or corporation while keeping in mind not to use words like bureau, US, task force, or any other word commonly used by LE, and this is increasingly true with the phrase "Fugitive Recovery."

Likewise, back patches should also be carefully worded to avoid confusing the reasonable person.

It is wise to check the local and state laws where one is desiring to work for what is and is not acceptable.

I concur with the analysis that a 3-day seminar with no background in relative fields does not a BEA make.

Incidentally, California just passed a law wherein bail agents can no longer advertise themselves as 'bail agents.' We now have to use 'bail insurance agent.'

Rex

Post subject: Have question in regards to handcuffs in new jersey
 Post Posted: Sun 24 Apr 2005 21:10 

Here is my question guys! I locked up two girls tonight and took both in to local police station where their warrants were out of, after recieving my forfeitures on them. Was told that I can't handcuff that said person in the state of New Jersey. Can anyone tell me if thats true?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun 24 Apr 2005 21:49 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2570
Linda,
I have never heard of this but it sure doesn't mean that it is not true. Did the LEO show you where this was a law in New Jersey. I belive i would call and ask for the statute, Do so in a professional manner as i do not know how you and the LEO's get along. Micheal Barber of Fugitive Recovery Task Force LLC. is in New Jersey send him a privite email he is in the members directory or go to Agency Directory under New Jersey he's a nice guy and will answer your question for you as i would not want to give you the wrong information on cuffing in your state.

BE ALERT, Be Safe

Retired Private Investigator & Bail Enforcement
NAM VET 1969- 1975 US Army (RECON)
Office 260-220-3877
1-888-631-5520
Fax 260-456-6062

Post subject: Handcuffs
 Post Posted: Mon 25 Apr 2005 09:33 

I really didn't know any of the officers at this police station, I have posted bonds there and was always polite. That's my nature! The owner of the company that I work for said that it's not true, that we can handcuff.The State of New Jerey is hard to figure out, when it comes to bounty hunting, each county is different.Than again each town is different. Here's another question for you! I know that carrying a weapon in New Jersey is a no, no, but I heard that you can carry a shotgun if you are registered with the national gun assocation. True or not true.And they also said last night, that we can't have any form of badge around our neck, is that true. I don't where one, just a shirt that states bail recovery. Most of the time I only go out for the females, that I have bonded out myself that failed to appear, so they all know me.And Thank You for your time.

Linda
A+ Bail Bonds
413 N. Carolina Trail
Browns Mills, NJ 08046

Post subject: Handcuffing
 Post Posted: Mon 25 Apr 2005 09:57 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

This is the first I've heard of the Police in NJ telling a BEA they can't handcuff their skip, maybe the officer was unfamilliar with the laws pertaining to a bail arrest or maybe there's some type of certification required for handcuffing, it's definetely something you want to clarify, I would not attempt to apprehend a defendant without the ability to handcuff or otherwise restrain them.

As far as using a shot gun, in my personal opinion displaying a shot gun could be perceived as brandishing or menacing third parties at the scene of arrest, I suggest that if you feel the need to use a shot gun to effect an arrest that you ask the police for assistance, I keep my weapons concealed and use them only for self defense.

Post subject: Handcuffs
 Post Posted: Tue 26 Apr 2005 07:32 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
One never knows what one will be told depending on the jurisdiction and shift that is working at the time.

Were either of the girls pregnant and showing?

Rex

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 28 Apr 2005 15:37 

Count on Rex to be keen enough to ask that question. :lol:

I'd definintely like to know about NJ myself. I'm no expert at NJ law, but this just does not seem right. I have often proposed doing custody transfers in NJ when transporting folks back to VA, but perhaps this is something I may wish to reconsider?

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion