Information given to NC Bail Agents. Please read!! • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Re: Information given to NC Bail Agents. Please read!!
 Post Posted: Tue 19 Nov 2013 23:42 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4640
Experience: < 3 years
B Williams wrote:
The North Carolina Bail Agents Association has emailed the following statement to NC Bail Agents.

I was informed of the same thing by the fine folks at the NC Bail Academy. I believe Tim Mathis actually mentioned it during his training session. Though I tried to research this myself and was not able as of yet to confirm. I surmise I would error on the side of caution. However, I wonder if a Taser is acceptable? :roll:

"IT HAS BEEN PASSED ALONG TO THE BOARD MEMBERS FROM A SLED AGENT IN SOUTH CAROLINA, THAT BONDSMAN SHOULD NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BE IN THE POSSESSION OF A FIREARM WHILE RECOVERING SKIPS. THIS APPLIES EVEN IF THEY HAVE A CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT FROM A RECIPROCATING STATE."

The above sounds crazy to me, but until I find out otherwise I'll be unarmed while making re-arrests in SC. As of now I have found no South Carolina Statute to back up this SLED agent's advice. Sounds like a good way to get killed to me. If further information is found or given I'll pass it along on FRN.

Bail Bondsman
NPN: 17113240
Holmes Bail Bonding
Johnston County, NC
(919) 376.6661

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion