California, Home of the Hypocritical Politicians • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: California, Home of the Hypocritical Politicians
 Post Posted: Thu 20 May 2010 22:42 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Experience: More than 10 years
Also,

California LEOs will have to return all their Tasers.
California will have to take back the 7,000 prisoners that Arizona is housing for CA.
California airports will have to ban all US Air flights.
Kick Arizona and Arizona State out of the Pac 10 conference.
Kick out all the Best Western Hotels, also
Cold Stone Ice Cream Stores and
Petsmart
Ban Dial Soap
And not allow U-Haul or Swift trucks in California!

Another dirty little secret is that Pacific Gas and Electric, advertises that it does not have any dirty old coal power plants in CA. They however co-own one in Arizona. So its ok to pollute Arizona air but not Californias. Also, Califonria banned any new nuclear power plants.

So, what does PG&E do, buy into a nuke plant in, you guessed right, in Arizona. That way all the posey sniffing, tree hugging, environmental CA wackos can claim to be saving the environment and still have almost every city claiming to be a No Nuke Zone!

While having enough electricity to run their expresso machines.

I must be crazy to still be here. :?

Maybe its sunstoke......

or all that medicinal marijuana smoke in the air.........

Post Posted: Thu 20 May 2010 23:16 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Quote:

LTFOL!

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Wed 26 May 2010 13:00 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 3 years
tsuggs wrote:
Also,

California LEOs will have to return all their Tasers.
California will have to take back the 7,000 prisoners that Arizona is housing for CA.
California airports will have to ban all US Air flights.
Kick Arizona and Arizona State out of the Pac 10 conference.
Kick out all the Best Western Hotels, also
Cold Stone Ice Cream Stores and
Petsmart
Ban Dial Soap
And not allow U-Haul or Swift trucks in California!

Another dirty little secret is that Pacific Gas and Electric, advertises that it does not have any dirty old coal power plants in CA. They however co-own one in Arizona. So its ok to pollute Arizona air but not Californias. Also, Califonria banned any new nuclear power plants.

So, what does PG&E do, buy into a nuke plant in, you guessed right, in Arizona. That way all the posey sniffing, tree hugging, environmental CA wackos can claim to be saving the environment and still have almost every city claiming to be a No Nuke Zone!

While having enough electricity to run their expresso machines.

I must be crazy to still be here. :?

Maybe its sunstoke......

I think not only ban Swift they need to ban JB Hunt drivers. They like to park close to your truck and when they leave they take a piece of yours with them mostly the mirros on your truck.

NSIN TD1009
Cell: 816-255-8230
Home/Office: 660-834-4569

Post Posted: Thu 27 May 2010 05:49 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
tdavenport wrote:
I think not only ban Swift they need to ban JB Hunt drivers. They like to park close to your truck and when they leave they take a piece of yours with them mostly the mirros on your truck.

You lost me here... trying to link this with the first post??

You do however, sound like a truck driver... now on that subject, I can stay with you... I put almost 30 years OTR with Overnite Transportation and UPS... coast to coast and Canada, I dare say you cannot name a road I have not traveled and places I have been... I may not be much of a professional in this business but I can hang in there with the best when it comes to the 'Hand on the wheel'. As for banning JB and Swift... you might have a problem with that since those are two of the largest trucking companies on the road today.... although I might tend to agree with you on some of their drivers.

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Thu 27 May 2010 12:47 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Bill,

Swift is home based in Arizona. So if CA wants to ban business with all AZ companies, we will have to stop the Swift trucks at the border, that is state line.

I didn't know JB Hunt was a AZ company.

But, like with most percieved indignation, all the CA politicians were just blowing smoke up the butts of the public tpo make it look like they are actually doing something.

I wouldn't be suprised if some of them didn't own property in AZ.

Post Posted: Thu 27 May 2010 13:55 
in memoriam

JB is homed in Arkansas... and as you say, Swift is out of Phoenix... but even if you banned both these companies from CA... they probably wouldn't be overly concerned because as mentioned, they are two of the largest in the country and there would be plenty of other carriers waiting in the wings to take over the business...

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Thu 27 May 2010 14:28 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

You know,

I think most of the drivers I have met were pretty reasonable and logical people.

So, why don't we get all the truckers to "boycott" CA in support of Swift and Arizona? That would put a end real quick to these political jacka$$es.

Post Posted: Thu 27 May 2010 14:32 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
due to the emissions regulations in CA, it would not be a far stretch to all truckers from any company to boycott CA!

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Thu 27 May 2010 19:48 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 3 years
[Yes I was a OTR driver for several years. I have seen some drivers that drove for JB Hunt that did not look american. I done this untill I was informed by my daughter I was going to be a grandmother. Well that opened my eyes, came home and got married. I sure do miss it the road especially when grandkids take me to the limit. I still carry my CDL and stuff.

I have noticed here in Missouri we have a lot of drivers that look like illegals.

NSIN TD1009
Cell: 816-255-8230
Home/Office: 660-834-4569

Post Posted: Thu 27 May 2010 20:51 
in memoriam

Oh boy, could I get into a major discussion on the truckin' subject. This is quite another subject but I will try and hold this post to the only one I write on the subject....

As to illegals driving trucks... frankly, it just isn't that big a deal.... reason is very simple... truckers spend a lot of time going through DOT stations.... road checks, weigh stations and a very wide variety of checks and balances. This activity is and has been escalating greatly over the past several years... CDL's was a major starting point for control of the drivers, 9/11 created a major jump in control and regulations relating to truckers... I can tell you from almost 30 years OTR.... if you drive a big truck (commercial usually more than 6 wheels) anywhere close to the US borders, you are under very tight scrutiny by many government agencies and they are extremely strict and usually quite good in checking you and your papers out if you are stopped. It may happen that there are an occasional illegal behind the wheel but I can tell you it is very infrequent and once discovered, they don't do it but once. I drove many years across the southern teer of the US... Texas, NM, AZ and into CA... all the mid western states are patrolled regularly by many gov. agencies looking for all sorts of illegal activity in the trucking business. California regulates so tight that I dare say you would have a major problem getting away with most anything that was not squeaky clean... this is not to say it doesn't happen... it does and is a problem but trucking in the US has come under some extremely tight regulatory measures in the past 10 years or so and it is getting tighter.

25 years ago, you could just about jump in a truck and drive most anywhere and as long as you didn't do anything that was outright visible and illegal... you could get away with a lot... nowadays, it is becoming more difficult to not abide by the legal stance of the industry. This is one reason there are so many job opening for truckers.... you can get a job with a small local company as long as you can pass the CDL tests but if you have any plans of working for the major carriers in this country, you better be squeaky clean.... have all your licenses (hazmat, multi units, etc.) at least a couple of years experience.... no and I mean no speeding or other moving violations anywhere and your finances need to be pretty damn clean too.... I can tell you that getting a job trucking is not necessarily hard but getting a job with a prestigious company is rather difficult........ but that is where the good money and careers are to be found.

I only have a few things that I can honestly say I am proud of in my short life (other than marrying the greatest gal I have ever known)... I have driven almost 3 million miles accident free, I did serve honorably in the USMC and I have a pretty good reputation in my little bond business for over 10 years... that's about it for me but if you have a question about the trenches of the trucking business, I think I can probably give you a fairly accurate answer...

As for the reputation of JB Hunt and Swift, the reason they get a lot of grief is simply because they will hire you right off the street, put you in a truck with a trainer and turn you loose on the road after a fairly short time... so the drivers that may be out there could very likely have very little experience... companies like that always get a bum rap... sometimes it is warranted but I try and give everyone a fair shake... after all... we were all rookies at one time or another and sometimes we can even learn something from a rooky, believe it or not...

One other quick note... organizing truckers is an impossible thing... I watched for many years as the price of fuel, the added restrictions and increasing regulations drove many independents out of the business and caused a lot of grief for the ones like me that stuck it out. I listened on the CB for year after year as organizers tried unsuccessful to bring the truckers together... It just didn't happen, if you could organize the truckers, you would have one major powerful group that could probably get about anything done that they went after.... all you have to do is consider that everything you use in your life is moved by truck... and if they stopped for just 7 days... the shelves in every grocery store in this country would be bare and you consider what you would do to get them back to delivering your morning coffee.... see what I mean? That is power.

but having said all this... I won't even get started on truckin'... that is another website and another time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion