What Software do you Use for Bail Bond Management & Skips • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: What Software do you Use for Bail Bond Management & Skips
 Post Posted: Sun 16 May 2010 19:23 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3224
Experience: 7 - 10 years
I was wondering what software do some of you use for your Management for Bail Bonds & Skips

Currrently I use Proprietary Software Provided by My Surities

BB Tracer in house great program Does live updates to Surity
had it designed up for my needs

Lex Bail in house but this fricking program is way to out dated won't work on xp or higher 98

And I tried Bail books but I don't know it's Ok
http://www.bailbooks.com/

I use to use Bond Detective but not been updated much
http://www.bonddetective.com/index.htm

Im Seriosuly looking into Captira Bail Bond Management Software
http://www.captira.com

Captira They work with almost all Surities

One thing I like about them is they now offer for $150 a month you get 2 Logins or 3 with PBUS Membership and each additional login is $25 a Month, not only do you get Unlimited database Space to upload your Skips and Bails you can even upload your apps, have them converted to typable pdfs that can integrate into Captira for free, you can store Photos and Files you get free unlimited searches where you type all the Defs and Indims Info before you do a Bail and it runs background lets you see if there lying great Risk Management Software, they also offer for $3 bucks a full credit report from Trans Union

I have done many demos over (go to meeting) with Harley Kern who has been wonderful and very patient as, I work details with silent partner who is suppose to cover the expenses for me on this.

The only thing I don't know is how good is the Data bases they have no trial to test them out, has anyone tried Captira and what can you tell me about how good there data base is for Skip tracing and credit reports along wih there Bail Management Software

I'm really hopping there Skip tracing is really good Im sick of IRB were now at $16 bucks for basis SN search and the Monthly fee is beyond ridiculas what was once a great company has fallen down hill and is run by Lawyers and Ex cops who make a killing off us little guys.

Let me Re Lube up have 2 Asset Searches to run as we speak :|

I highly recommend you contacting Harley Kern he's a great guy and will even show you a Presentation at 2am on a Sunday I know for fact, hes Polite, Funny and not Pushy if you do contact him Please tell him JaY of J24BAIL sent you We get a referal fee

PS. Harley Don't forget my Check lol :wink:

Harley Kern
Account Exec.
866-955-7430 ext. 117
208-514-6507 cell
518-362-0069 fax
http://www.captira.com
hkern@captira.com

Now I am wondering what else is out there and what is everyones Preference ?????

J24BAIL

Fast Reliable Swift & Friendly Service

We Serve All of Maryland for Bonds, We offer Immigration Bonds.

Free Warrant Checks & Service, We offer Process Serving
And We Service all of America for Recoveries, Skip Tracing.

Please call me at 410-929-2245

Can't login FRN Dir to Update

Post subject: Re: What Software do you Use for Bail Bond Management & Skips
 Post Posted: Mon 17 May 2010 16:08 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Experience: More than 10 years
As a bondsman: I AM A SOLE PROPRIETOR!!! so I only have to worry about me... I just don't need all the extra headaches of other agents.... so, having said that............. you may also consider incorporating.

Excel from MS Office Professional 2007... can be tweaked to whatever you want and the info is always there and easily accessed... I use simple Quicken 2008 Business (I update about every 3 or 4 years if I think there are noticeable updates) for my financial stuff and it can also be tweaked to your requirements... that is all your should need although there are always those high dollar programs that someone is always trying to get you to use... I also have Quick-books Professional that is used by my CPA but I use Quicken Business and transfer to the Quick-books cause my CPA likes it... I think it is frankly overkill.... all I am basically interested in is.... the bond amount; power numbers; date issued; date forfeited; finalized or revoked or however it ends; name of defendant; premium charged; amount collected; premium paid; admin fee if any; collateral if any; MY MONEY including my BUF account... Maybe some other related stuff but that is about it.

Quicken can be set up to handle anything... if you have a good head on your shoulders you can do anything you want with these two basic programs.... I keep a digital copy of all correspondence and I back it up daily on a portable hard drive and a zip drive which I can plug into any of my 3 computers... desktop as the 'mainframe' with two laptops... I don't own a "Blackberry" or whatever cause it is IMHO overkill also.... I cotton to the "KISS" (Keep it simple, stupid)

YOU JUST DON'T NEED ALL THE FANCY STUFF TO GET THIS JOB DONE CORRECTLY, SIMPLY AND KEEP IT UP TO DATE AND CURRENT IN EVERY ASPECT.... unless you just like complicating stuff................ take care. hope this helped a bit... I am fairly sure the more astute and larger organization will have much more complicated advice.... but for me it is the 'KISS' thing.

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Mon 17 May 2010 17:31 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

speezack wrote:
As a bondsman: I AM A SOLE PROPRIETOR!!! so I only have to worry about me... I just don't need all the extra headaches of other agents.... so, having said that............. you may also consider incorporating.

Excel from MS Office Professional 2007... can be tweaked to whatever you want and the info is always there and easily accessed... I use simple Quicken 2008 Business (I update about every 3 or 4 years if I think there are noticeable updates) for my financial stuff and it can also be tweaked to your requirements... that is all your should need although there are always those high dollar programs that someone is always trying to get you to use... I also have Quick-books Professional that is used by my CPA but I use Quicken Business and transfer to the Quick-books cause my CPA likes it... I think it is frankly overkill.... all I am basically interested in is.... the bond amount; power numbers; date issued; date forfeited; finalized or revoked or however it ends; name of defendant; premium charged; amount collected; premium paid; admin fee if any; collateral if any; MY MONEY including my BUF account... Maybe some other related stuff but that is about it.

Quicken can be set up to handle anything... if you have a good head on your shoulders you can do anything you want with these two basic programs.... I keep a digital copy of all correspondence and I back it up daily on a portable hard drive and a zip drive which I can plug into any of my 3 computers... desktop as the 'mainframe' with two laptops... I don't own a "Blackberry" or whatever cause it is IMHO overkill also.... I cotton to the "KISS" (Keep it simple, stupid)

YOU JUST DON'T NEED ALL THE FANCY STUFF TO GET THIS JOB DONE CORRECTLY, SIMPLY AND KEEP IT UP TO DATE AND CURRENT IN EVERY ASPECT.... unless you just like complicating stuff................ take care. hope this helped a bit... I am fairly sure the more astute and larger organization will have much more complicated advice.... but for me it is the 'KISS' thing.

Haha kiss theory eghh that's a good one

I love my Bankers Bail BB Tracer it req office 07 and uses Access unfortunately I can't use it for any other surity specific to Bankers and does live updates to them every time I update something reports in real time to bankers

Being I have 4 Surities well 5 technically 2 with Powers on hand one for Imigration and the other 2 non write Ability only allowed to call but have no liability

I have 3 licensed Bondsman in MD under me One in Delaware and I have the ability through Surity of having access to 15 more Bondsman throughout MD some in Ocean City, Hagerstown, Alagan County 5 Hours from me, Glen Burnie, fredrick and PG county few in VA to costly for lic there they post for me in PG and Mongomery with Saint Mary

And I'm in Process of training 4 new pot Bondsman and 3 runners who just Want Post working out details after I finalize DE and get up plan on Taking PA and hopefully Ohio and WV to

I have silent Partners who back me legally and financially they want US to get Big but I want be stable and the bigger I get the more headaches I'm coming across

I'd kill to have someone to handle all my finances should see them girls run when they see my 30 bags of black trash bags of receipts hahah I know I'm Horrable

We currently Provide Process clients are lawyers from FL to Nc to Va and MD, we work ahnd on hand with several finance companies and repo companies

Imigration Bond's I have no liability on and just call example 10 grand INS Bond I make $500 or ref and do no work

For Recoveries kinda of slow at moment we provide for FCS. And few other Surities and a few Bondsman in past worked with Chesapeak under another name and Bondsman

We Provide Bonds for all of MD and DE I have ability to post bonds for any state in US

I just don't at the moment

I have 4 trainees for process serv and Repo and Skip Tracing with recoveries and I'm trying to recruit more recently I fired 3 people for being to fricking lazy not answering my calls when they were forwarded to them

All of my Agents are ether paid a fee or percentage to post no ones salary once I finalize my NC deal I def plan on getting a LLC possibly a S-Corp LLC

Note all agents and employees are 10-99 no insuriance for these guys sorry cost to fricking much and there to of Risk to me

So as you can see I'm still small but have a large capacity and am growing every day now if I could get people who would stop this it takes 6 months to get 600 bucks I'd be a lot Better off

I like your Old school tactics but to me I find them to hard to handle all I need when I first started they were fine But now I need something more automated or soon I'm going go out My mind.

PS writing this on my Blackberry Tour which is up for sale sprint should buy it will come down so you can show me your kiss system hahah

J24BAIL

Post Posted: Mon 17 May 2010 19:50 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 757
Quote:
And I'm in Process of training 4 new pot Bondsman and 3 runners who just Want Post working out details after I finalize DE and get up plan on Taking PA and hopefully Ohio and WV to

I hope everything works out for you in Ohio though. You are going to need it when you get here. It's a fight here. I have been in business here in Ohio for almost five years now, an I have seen new company's come in and leave within 7 months. We the old company's, don't take to new ones. The reason why is because we don't need more head aches of inexperince so called bail agents that break the law. Not saying that your one of those people. As far as I know, there has been no talks about this pretrial service crap. As long we keep the inexperinced and the bad seeds from causing any problems for us, then the state won't even think about pretrial services.

NSIN# SF0105
LIC. #704058

Post Posted: Mon 17 May 2010 20:04 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Quote:
I like your Old school tactics but to me I find them to hard to handle all I need when I first started they were fine But now I need something more automated or soon I'm going go out My mind.

US Old School Tactics Folks will still be Keepin On Keepin On when all the New School Folks have come and gone.
Ever wonder why we have been around so long :mrgreen:

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Mon 17 May 2010 20:23 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

LuVonda wrote:
Quote:

US Old School Tactics Folks will still be Keepin On Keepin On when all the New School Folks have come and gone.
Ever wonder why we have been around so long :mrgreen:

Now I thought it was because you guys have been around for a long time Because your filthy rich like Richy Rich and have every Toy and Gadget with Top of like Software available

Hehe, No Sarcasm there

No but Seriously I Envy and Respect you guys even in a day of Terminators about Take over you still stick to the Old ways and I have tried the Word and excel and my results come out as bad as my receipt filing system and Man it drives me Crazy trying to get the Match correct I hate math why you think I was a LE hehehe

I'm really siked on trying out full web base server software and being able spie on all my agents from my Blackberry Tour which is up for sale and Best part I don't pay just share the wealth Silent partners ohhh Yeah

So how you been LuVonda ?

J24BAIL

Post Posted: Mon 17 May 2010 20:46 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

AWOBB wrote:
Quote:

I hope everything works out for you in Ohio though. You are going to need it when you get here. It's a fight here. I have been in business here in Ohio for almost five years now, an I have seen new company's come in and leave within 7 months. We the old company's, don't take to new ones. The reason why is because we don't need more head aches of inexperince so called bail agents that break the law. Not saying that your one of those people. As far as I know, there has been no talks about this pretrial service crap. As long we keep the inexperinced and the bad seeds from causing any problems for us, then the state won't even think about pretrial services.

We have you Beat I have watched 32 companies Crash in less that 3 months and 5 of them we were employed to do Recoveries when time to collect we found there offices gone and not even a pen left in Maryland this is very common there's 12,500 of us as of now more grow each day.

Well No worries here and Appreciate it but it's going be a half year or year Before I make it that far Training a Cousin who lives in Pittsburgh by the limit of WV and Ohio once his Training is done and I teach him all there is to know and feel safe enough I will vouch and Pay for his Licenses.

I only wished MD did not have as Many Yahoos as it does with more poping up every day got call from one Today wanting Employment with me said No one knows the Jail system like him a convicted felon and a ex drug user and dealer Who better to use then me he tells me.

I told him thanks but um if you would of Read the Add it specifically states Must Have a Clean Record No Charges and Must have Patience and Understanding, I did tell him that I could use him as a CI Controlled informant and pay him for snitching can never have to many of them.

I Evy your State and Group and defiantly took No offense, No under MD law had work 2 years Before I could Branch and after Burning Bridges with the Best of the Best I was forced to work for companies like B Boyz and few others who Techniques make the Mafia look like school boys

After years of working under them sobs I learned a lot but also learned what you don't do those tactics are not tolerated in my company and I fire People without blinking if the try them

And I train and Teach my agents the Proper ways of how I want things done.

And Force is to Never be used unless forced is used against you I preach every day

J24BAIL

Post Posted: Tue 18 May 2010 09:58 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Jay,

I wish you all the best in your endeavors to grow your business. I do not know you and have never employed you.
Cease and desist using my name and my companies' name in your posts. The first couple of times, I let slide, but enough is enough.
There have been many people that I have trained over the years that fit into your self-described category. I have no employees, only self employed contractors.

Do not take this personally, I am very protective of whom I associate with, and do not recall you in any way, manner or form. While I wish you all of the best please consider your achievements on their own merits and leave my name out of it on line or in person. Please consider spell check and punctuation in your posts, like Luvonda, I am old too and it makes it very difficult to read and follow what you are trying to say.

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Tue 18 May 2010 10:52 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Quote:
I was forced to work for companies like B Boyz

Bad Boyz OR Bounty Boys ? Jay you are all over the page . . . bring yourself into line . . . we are not about name dropping here nor are we about popularity contests. You have entered a Forum where you are who you say you are or you are Not. . . .

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

Post Posted: Tue 18 May 2010 11:01 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Quote:
I have 3 licensed Bondsman in MD under me One in Delaware and I have the ability through Surity of having access to 15 more Bondsman throughout MD some in Ocean City, Hagerstown, Alagan County 5 Hours from me, Glen Burnie, fredrick and PG county few in VA to costly for lic there they post for me in PG and Mongomery with Saint Mary

Are you a General Agent ? Or do you just get paid for referrals ?

Also, Are you referring the 7th Circuit Licensing Rule respective to the 1% fee ? If so we are familiar with that.

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion