DISCUSSIONS • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 01 Aug 2006 12:00 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Experience: More than 10 years
It would also be much better if the recovery agents write or have major input in any new leg that would regulate the industry. If it is left up to the politicians, it may actually be worse.

Also, I would recommend that the bail agents, which I am one, do not have a major role in the writing of the rules and regs. Most of them, me, do not have the years of experience that most of you have. We may not know all the training that is needed to safely perform the job everyday under every circumstance.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 02 Aug 2006 12:36 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

All 50 states need and should fall under 1 Federal entity, to regulate, govern and oversee the entire industry.
That would set up the follwoing:

1 set of laws governing the industry

1 standard for testing and training

1 standard for discipline

Oust any illegal participants

Simplify and make easier networking or locating and apprehending skips from further jurisdictions.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 02 Aug 2006 12:53 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

I think federal regulations seem like a much better idea than state regulations. Well I think that gun laws and CCW permits should be done federally also. Just seems to make everything easier and more uniform.

Vienna, VA

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 02 Aug 2006 12:57 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

SavageKabbage wrote:
Well I think that gun laws and CCW permits should be done federally also. Just seems to make everything easier and more uniform.

While this would be uniformly great for CCW holders, it'd never happen since there's states and/or Cities that'll never allow CCW, ie: Washington D.C, Illinois and NYC to name a few.
But i'd like to see it happen.

I can carry in 23 states now, about to add another 8 states when my other permit arrives.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 02 Aug 2006 14:42 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

There is already proposed legislation regarding CCW from Washington D.C. They are trying to make it more acceptable to accept your CCW in every state if your state issued you one. I am sure that a fight will start from the left leaning governors of the states that do not issue or accept CCW permits period but at least someone is trying to make it easier at this point and time.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 02 Aug 2006 19:21 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

HoundDog wrote:
There is already proposed legislation regarding CCW from Washington D.C. They are trying to make it more acceptable to accept your CCW in every state if your state issued you one. I am sure that a fight will start from the left leaning governors of the states that do not issue or accept CCW permits period but at least someone is trying to make it easier at this point and time.

I sure the hell hope so. I'm no gun stroking, itching to shoot anyone kinda guy... but I don't understand why with the proper training and certain criteria to meet... we can't carry in some places. Criminals don;t care about the laws, and breaking a gun law is no big deal if you're looking at capitol crimes.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 02 Aug 2006 22:26 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Again I have to agree with Hadley... the feds ruling gave us the authority we have and only the feds can take the disparity out of it. I personally would like to see BEAs able to work in WHoregon again (so skips can't run there after jumping bail in Washington state) and a federal regulation may be bale to make it so.

I despise govt regulation of most things, but as far as the military or law enforcement, I think that is the feds business.

Winner do what losers refuse to do...

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion