PBUS • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 13 Jul 2006 19:22 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Experience: More than 10 years
Lance,
Consider state associations that benefit their recovery members with local, current and responsible training and communications reporting to a national board of elected representatives. We would then be able to promote grass roots knowledge driven information to the masses. This would result in a non-partisan group of educated professionals supporting a non-profit corporation. In turn, we could create an atmosphere of professionalism and unity as oppossed to egotistical individuals that are shameless self promoters. We could even recognize the achievments of our own members publicly, annually, bring positive light to what we have done quietly for years.

There is not a successful recovery person on here or any other board that does not get frustrated with the lack of cohesion in our industry and if improved upon, would allow us to police ourselves and remove the need for government intervention.

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun 16 Jul 2006 19:54 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Members,

I JUST got back from the PBUS summer conference in Palm Beach and was suprised to see this thread active again.

There is still misinformation or just plain lies about the PBUS. I have been a member for 6 years. I am now teaching some of the Certified Bail Agent Courses. ( NOT the Certified Recovery Agent Course.) I have not heard any board member of the PBUS publicly advocate the elimination of recovery agents. Heck I talked to 3 different agents that were having recovey people work some of their skips while we were there at the conference!

IF ANYONE CAN EMAIL ME A QUOTE OR PROPOSAL THAT THE PBUS OR ONE OF ITS BOARD OF DIRECTORS MADE THAT WOULD HAVE AN ADVERSE EFFECT ON RECOVERY, PLEASE DO SO I CAN LOOK INTO IT.

I can tell you that there has been discussions of how to minimize liability in regards to picking up skips. Most of that was by individuals explaining who they use and the qualifications that their recovery people have.

It is crazy to suggest the PBUS would want to eliminate recovery agents. Most of the (old white men ) bail agents used to do their own pick ups. As they are "OLD" now they can't. So who else is going to do all the work. LEO's, PI's? Fat chance!

As far as Mr. Chapman goes, he was invited to the Wnter PBUS conference in Vegas to draw a crowd. He did. However, he did NOT attract not one new member to PBUS! This summer conference that ended Saturday had only 171 attendees. No Chapman.

In fact, several bail agents and surety companies boycotted the Winter conference when he appeared. The decision was made by the executive board to invite him to be a "speaker." There were many heated discussions before they made the final decision.

A final note on Chapman. All of his expenses were paid for by the A&E Network plus they made a donation to the PBUS. I feel that the decision to prositute the PBUS for a small financial gain was wrong. But, I'm only one member and I don't think I should over look the good the association has done and is still doing for bail agents, for just one bad decision.

In previous posts several agents stated that they would be willing to talk or teach at a PBUS conference. If none of you attend and provide references, how are we to choose who to invite.

So, I will say again. Organize a national recovery agents association. Set up standards and ethics. Certify your agents. Then call the PBUS and develope a plan to work together to improve BOTH professions.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 17 Jul 2006 08:20 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Well said Tony!

Incidently, I am a member of PBUS as earlier stated. It only took one year and 4 phone calls to get my bail agency listed on their website. The last straw was receiving my renewal form and still no listing. It is up there now, but I should not have had to go through what I did to get it done. I spoke to Krissy Rogers, of Bankers Insurance, who is on the membership board to get it resolved.

Growing pains I am sure, but follow up and through is everything!

Stay safe,

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion