Justice? • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Justice?
 Post Posted: Fri 14 Apr 2006 11:54 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Here is an excerpt of an article about someone that used to browse these forums until his scamming landed him in jail. I edited some of it but, it was written originally by the NY Post writer Susan Edelman. He is now out of jail but, justice?

By SUSAN EDELMAN
NY Post - April 9th 2006

Bigamist scam artist William Barber - who left a trail of wives heartbroken and financially ruined is down and out in a Paterson, NJ homeless shelter.

The con man's new address since being placed on parole March 27th 2006 is the Emergency Men's shelter in a renovated basement under St. Paul's Episcopal Church

Looking pale and gaunt, Barber was clearly irked when a Post reporter found him shuffling around the shelter in a brown fllece sweatsuit, turquois socks and slippers.

"Have a nice day" he said grouchily. "I have no comment for you today, and I'll have no comment in the future, on any topic."

He's now sleeping with homeless guys in a large room with 40 beds and bathing in a communal shower. He is served two hearty meals a day by community voulunteers. No female visitors are allowed.

So I ask is this Justice?

Would anyone like to go visit him? How about a few of us volunteer at the shelter and offer some encouragement?

The entire article can be viewed at
http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/64226.htm

Thanks goes out to Yak for providing this to me.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri 14 Apr 2006 12:56 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: 7 - 10 years
could not happen to a better person.

423-421-2897

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri 14 Apr 2006 14:00 

Well Bob i guess it is true what they say "All good things come to those who wait"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri 14 Apr 2006 14:10 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

I am sure that he is figuring out his next con as we speak. He told one of his sons a few motnhs back when asked why he did this to good people "that is what I do and all I know how to do." Sick!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat 15 Apr 2006 03:28 

I GUESS IT'S GOOD TO HAVE "TRASH" LIKE THAT AROUND SO WE AS BONDSMEN/BOUNTYHUNTERS HAVE SOME JOB SECURITY

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 17 Apr 2006 11:01 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 5
Experience: More than 10 years
To James and others who don't know this person or his history as well as others do, let me caution you on underestimating him. He is no ordinary criminal.

The individual that I knew as Michael Barber has a probable IQ just short of the genius level. He is an adamant reader, has read lots of books and articles on all manner of topics and industries. He very easily could have been a president or ceo of a fortune 500 company had he not been and continues to be plagued with 2 major character flaws: Laziness and Dishonesty.

His skills, just to list a few, include the ability to sell Eskimos snow, to gain your total loyalty, to gain your trust, to manipulate you in such a way that you never see it coming until it is way too late, to snag you hook, line, and sinker.

He is as smooth an operator as I have ever seen and he manipulated himself into Biker clubs, the Masons, and who all else who knows what.

The last I heard he also is supposed to be facing charges in Mo. as well for criminal non-child support . What happened to those charges ?

He detests menial and mundane tasks and jobs. He can't stand physically demanding, blue collar, dirty jobs like ranching, steel work, construction, landscaping, etc.

He feels above the rest of us and wants the easy life of social position, money, status, etc. Kind of like the movie "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels".Only there is no comedy in humans being fleeced.

I bet dollars to doughnuts we have not heard the last of him. Like most criminals, he probably has spent a good many hours devising his plan of revenge against those he holds responsible for his recent fall from grace.

Check your 6 folks.....

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 17 Apr 2006 12:39 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

I could not have said it any better myself... Good job Ruffin!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 18 Apr 2006 19:05 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: More than 10 years
I can't believe he's already out!!! What happened to the other states' extraditions, etc.???

Park Hills, Missouri
573-631-9086; FAX: 573-431-3997

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 18 Apr 2006 22:12 

here we are ladies look out for this man

Attachments:
File comment: Bigamist William Michael Barber:
barber1_3.jpg
barber1_3.jpg [ 1.37 KiB | Viewed 13765 times ]

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 19 Apr 2006 15:13 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

He looks totally different now and you would not recognize him from that photo. I will try to get his new photo. I am talking with a news organization about confronting him face to face if anyone else would like to say something let me know.

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion