NOW the Bondsman pays • PUBLIC SECTION • Media Coverage • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: NOW the Bondsman pays
 Post Posted: Tue 02 Oct 2012 10:12 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1208
Experience: More than 10 years
http://www2.tricities.com/news/2012/oct ... r-2249929/

This article about the Bounty Hunter was posted & commented on a while back,
but now its the Bondsmans turn.

Ph. (201) 538 - 2947
Fax (201) 342 - 5405

Post subject: Re: NOW the Bondsman pays
 Post Posted: Tue 02 Oct 2012 14:05 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4150
Experience: < 3 years
I hope they put this dirtball out of business.

Bail License #40313820

Post Posted: Tue 02 Oct 2012 16:33 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
What's that old saying... "when you lay down with dogs, you get fleas?"... or something like that....

How many defendants that you bond out, have asked you or told you.... "If you ever need to pickup somebody... just call me... I can do it?!!"... "uh, sure... give me your number"...

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Tue 02 Oct 2012 18:54 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Just last night, 7 pages of criminal history, he tells me "You know that it takes a crook to catch a crook!" okay... if you run and I catch you, you can call me anything you want, but not a crook!

To the OP: You already know the defense, Your Honor, I been doing this bail business thing since when you were a twinkle in your Daddy's eye. I was here long before any bail association and have been doing it my way so long, I didn't think I was doing anything wrong, I must be getting senile!

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Wed 03 Oct 2012 05:09 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1988
I hope this works out for the bondsman, the sad thing here is that someone lost their life, convicted felon or not. As we traverse the criminal justice system there should be no doubt that we will come into contact with convicted felons, that is the nature of the business. The question is how well do you manage these individuals as it relates to your business.

First off we know most states have mandated that convicted felons are prohibited from doing investigative or recovery work absent Colorado. Secondly I am not aware of any state laws that prohibit the use of a confidential informant by this profession. But be mindful to set standards as to what and how you want your informant to obtain information…JMHO

Tel: 1-800-387-0787

Anti-Moral Majority Club President
"Fear not the unknown, Fear the person who controls the unknown" Gene 7:14

Post Posted: Thu 04 Oct 2012 06:04 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Quote:
<<sad thing here is that someone lost their life, convicted felon or not.>>

... for sure...

Quote:
As we traverse the criminal justice system there should be no doubt that we will come into contact with convicted felons, that is the nature of the business. The question is how well do you manage these individuals as it relates to your business.

... now that is a defining statement!!...

Quote:
<<not aware of any state laws that prohibit the use of a confidential informant by this profession. But be mindful to set standards as to what and how you want your informant to obtain information…>>

... I have used info from all sorts of shady characters... felons, prostitutes, druggies... all sorts who have provided info for money and often for free... they all seem to want to put the hammer on others in their world... just seems to be the nature of their profile... I think "how you want your informant to obtain information" is the key here... if they have physical contact with the "perp" and especially if they are contacted by LE in the course of the case and use your name as the info recipient... you are in the mix whether you have a paper contract or not... you really need to be aware of this because you can be connected simply out of association and nothing more... and lets all be up front here.... LE and many courts/judges/clerks/prosecuting attorneys... are not on our side and would like nothing better than to hang us out to dry....

... if you get a subpena into court, you are already on the bottom side of this mix... believe me... even in the courts that you feel comfortable in... there are always members of that community that would like to shut you down... and that dear readers is the name of this game.... CYA and total awareness... sooner or later you will come up against this situation.

Scott M, Bill W and DSI, I am sure, have all experienced what I am speaking of here.. I certainly have...

DSI... thanks for pointing this out............. it is, IMHO... a very, very important part of tracing that doesn't come up often.... thanks. Guilt by association can shut you down, instantly or at the very least, put a dark cloud over your stellar reputation.... 8) 8)

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Media Coverage