Weirdest / Strange / UNcommon Items Taken for Collateral ? • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Weirdest / Strange / UNcommon Items Taken for Collateral ?
 Post Posted: Fri 07 Sep 2012 20:12 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3828
Experience: More than 10 years
Just throwing this out there..

Tonight while waiting at the Jail to post a bond.. there was some female that was waiting 3 hours at the Jail for another Bondsman to arrive and post the bond for her man after filling out the paperwork with some Bond Company.. She tries calling them and no answer = straight to voice mail.. she had not given that original company any money (Premium) yet as it was a $1500 Bond for Battery / DV. She said when the deft. gets out they can pay..

Finally the girl is fed up of waiting .. and asks me if I could post the bond.. I get the paperwork filled out and ask what type of Collateral she might have in the interim until the deft. gets out to pay the $150 cash (10%) premium.

She tells me she has a Horse Saddle she uses for work in her car that she can let me hold onto until he gets out in the morning then will give me the $150 and that the saddle is worth approx $500 .. so I take the Saddle .. =)

Now in all my collateral taking days.. this is the first "weird" thing I took to secure a bond .. now my back seat smells like HORSE AZZ.. :oops:

What have you folks taken that was out of the ordinary ?... :?:

NABBI Member

"Surprise Sex is the Best Thing to Wake up to, UNLESS, You are in Jail... "

Post subject: Re: Weirdest / Strange / UNcommon Items Taken for Collateral
 Post Posted: Fri 07 Sep 2012 20:28 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
A Mountain Lion . . . . I did not take possession of her (but did get a picture) . . . . but she was the only thing the guy had of value and he loved her dearly. The SO called him when a deer had to be picked up off the road . . . I knew that with her as collateral he was a for sure show, in Court.
That was back in 2000 in 2010 he still had her . . . . I live in the foothills of the Ozarks . . . it is some pretty country here . . . got some darn good sized Black Bear and some big cats. Guy was in the other night telling me about setting up a wildlife camera to find out what is getting into his stuff about 15 miles from here. Seems there is no "hunting Season" on wild hogs (Razorbacks) you can get'em whenever you can get'em.
Plenty of big azz Turkeys here too :) and just about everybody outside of town has horses . . . . I get to see the deer, coyotes, and such right here in town they come down to drink out of the creek that runs thru my yard . . . I have the best of both worlds, right across from the Jail. I am the only house on my block and then there is one across the street at the end of my driveway. Nice and quiet . . . just the way I like it. Camera from the Jail catches everyone and thing that rolls up my driveway . . . even better.

I did however take the wedding rings off a ladies finger til after her stuff was done . . .they sure were pretty and they sure were big . . . but so was her charge

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Fri 07 Sep 2012 22:23 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2570
When i wrote down in Louisiana i took a collection of Porcelain dolls worth a whole lot more than his bail.

I also took a herd of cows one time, also had the guy take them to my friends barn and locked the gate.

When i was a MGA i had an agent take a Chesters Fried Chicken place

Retired Private Investigator & Bail Enforcement
NAM VET 1969- 1975 US Army (RECON)
Office 260-220-3877
1-888-631-5520
Fax 260-456-6062

Post Posted: Sat 08 Sep 2012 00:05 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3671
Experience: 3 - 5 years
Can't compete with the wierdness or uniqueness, but my collateral pawn shop contains a large flat-screen TV, two small handheld video game units (don't even know if they work) and a guitar that is worth considerably more than the premium owed for that bond.

Ca. Bail Agent Lic#1845795
Owner/Operator, Thomas Duprey Bail Bonds
Owner/Operator, Orange County Bounty
(714) 727-4689

Post Posted: Sat 08 Sep 2012 06:53 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
guns.......... I like guns.............. farm animals....... diamond rings and one fairly good looking girl wanting to bond her boyfriend said........... "I will do anything to get him out!!" ($5000 bond).... uh.......... nope... I think someone else bonded him.......... my buddy, also a bondsman... was there and looked at me and her and made the startling statement........... "uh... I just don't think that thing is worth $500...".... she was devastated (so was I :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ) .... but we did not bond him... 8)

BTW.... NYPDBLUE... I will not get someone out with no money, regardless of promises or collateral.... no money, no bond... period... always been like that... if financed I will consider 65% down and the rest in 30 days... and I am very, very reluctant to do that and will not finance anything under $5000... period... that has been my MO for all of my 13+ years in this business... and I have never and will never write for less than 10%... I probably have lost thousands in business to other, less scrupulous bondsmen.... but it just won't happen with me... I am not in business to chase the money... :shock:

oh... also had an offer for a pickup filled with ........... uh.............. "corn liquor"... I did not take it.... I sure wanted to but 'discretion is always the better part of valor'.... remember that one....?

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Sat 08 Sep 2012 09:11 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3828
speezack wrote:

BTW.... NYPDBLUE... I will not get someone out with no money, regardless of promises or collateral.... no money, no bond... period... always been like that... if financed I will consider 65% down and the rest in 30 days... and I am very, very reluctant to do that and will not finance anything under $5000... period... that has been my MO for all of my 13+ years in this business... and I have never and will never write for less than 10%... I probably have lost thousands in business to other, less scrupulous bondsmen.... but it just won't happen with me... I am not in business to chase the money... :shock:

I hear ya Bill... but this female (indemnitor) needs her saddle back for work and has called me a short while ago this morning to tell me the Deft (BF) just was released after 10 hours from me posting his bond. She (Indem.) is coming to my office Monday morning with the $150 (10%) and she is getting the smelly saddle back WITH PLEASURE :) ! ..

Also Miami is a different world when it comes to bonds.. Although I "MOST OF THE TIME" stick with needing the full 10% up front. There are MANYYYY bondsman however that really make that hard to compete with. They do bonds for 2% down ..3% down and then get the rest at a later time.. which in my opinion leaves the bondsman chasing after the indemnitor for not only the Office half but their money too.. I do not work like that.. but this is what you compete with here in Miami .. so taking the saddle was honestly at this one time a decent choice to secure the bond. If the deft does not come in Monday then we just surrender / arrest him and put him back in ..Due to Breach of Bail Bond Contract = Non-Compliance of Bond (Deft Providing No Info / No Signature on Contact) I spoke with the Deft and informed him to be in my office Monday bet. 10am and Noon. I highly doubt that this Deft will not show up, as I informed Deft & Indemnitor that not showing at my office Monday would be a breach of Deft's Bail Bond Contract. Deft has a good job and I know where Deft works, also spoke with Deft's boss this morning who actually tried to post the bond with another company without knowing the Deft's GF had me post it. So the Boss of Deft is going to get his 10% back from the other Bail Bond Company and have the Deft's GF bring it Monday to the office.

Its interesting to see what people will put up for Collateral .. in Bail Bond School the instructor told my class that he once took an 11' Boa Snake as Collateral and they had it in the Bail Bond office in a tank.. until the case was closed.. the owner came immediately after his case was closed to get his Boa back. He also said the Deft used to come to his office everyday to visit it for 2..3 hours a day cause he couldnt be without the snake and in the same process the bond company knew where the Deft was daily until his case closed.

NABBI Member

"Surprise Sex is the Best Thing to Wake up to, UNLESS, You are in Jail... "

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion