My Very First Contract! • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Re: My Very First Contract!
 Post Posted: Mon 20 Aug 2012 17:24 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4078
Experience: 3 - 5 years
Mdbtyhtr wrote:
Congrats Mel, PM me the data you have on this guy and I will run some stuff on him for you. Check to make sure that he is in warrant status everyday. He could turn himself in when he learns that you are on him and wsait for your to come pick him up and then sue you.
Scott

Hello Scott!
I sure do thank you for the call, the coaching, and the information. I am impressed at how you took time to help a guy along. That sort of support is awesome! Thanks again, and sorry I ended by calling you "pard" but it is a habit I'm trying to shake. It ain't easy when it has been entrenched for 40 or 50years or more.

That being said, thank you again for your time and effort. I really am excited about that one lead you hit on down south of here, and will be certain to check that out.

Blessings,
Mel

DORA PI10000052

Athame Investigations,
division of Colorado Bounty Hunter LLC
Aurora, Colorado
303-343-7111 Office
303-319-1077 Cell
303-366-3189 Fax

Available for Fugitive Recovery, Process Service, Investigation and Legal Courier Service.

Post Posted: Thu 23 Aug 2012 16:39 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3671
My first solo contract, after a couple years of working with/for established teams and agents, was given to me by a small bond company in south LA county in January of 2011. After two weeks of pounding pavement all over LA and Orange County, I learned my quarry had fled to Korea where his folks were. I was about to receive some very heavy duty assistance, with the overseas portion, from the esteemed Mr. MacLean, when the surety took over and unceremoniously removed me from the case. F' 'em. I'm the one who discovered he was in Korea and the bondsman knows it!

Ca. Bail Agent Lic#1845795
Owner/Operator, Thomas Duprey Bail Bonds
Owner/Operator, Orange County Bounty
(714) 727-4689

Post Posted: Thu 30 Aug 2012 22:39 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Howdy Folks!
After almost 2 weeks of chasing this skip, I still don't have him. His family knows his whereabouts, of that we're convinced. There were several locations we suspected he might hang out, but we burned them and never got any satisfaction from the exercise. We've tried to work with co-signs (of which there are 4 on this bond, 3 of whom we cannot locate) and they are covering for him.

As a result, we are going to sue the mother for the full bond amount, plus a bit extra for the court costs, etc. It is evident to us that she'd defrauded an insurance company. We have an idea where she works, and where she spends her 'at home' time.

On a personal note, I'm feeling an intense frustration. I really wanted to turn this case around rapidly, but it hasn't panned out that way. Being the first case I brought home to my team, I hoped to get the guy into custody quick, and establish a good sentiment with the bondsman. I also needed some cash flow that this case would bring. Being disappointed, as I am, doesn't mean I'm giving up on the case. Not by a long shot. I am, however, frustrated. The question arises what other tactics I might use to locate the runner. We believe he's here in the metro area, but are presently stymied on the next move.

Sorry if this sounded like I am just venting a bit, but the truth is, I actually am venting.

That guy is out there somewhere, I just don't know where to look next. I guess I'll just stick with that ancient piece of wisdom that states "Seek and you shall find!"

Gonna keep on seekin'.

Blessings,
Mel

DORA PI10000052

Athame Investigations,
Aurora, Colorado
303-343-7111 Office
303-319-1077 Cell
303-366-3189 Fax

Available for Fugitive Recovery, Process Service, Investigation and Legal Courier Service.

Post Posted: Thu 30 Aug 2012 22:53 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Experience: More than 10 years
I would say patience = profit, but you said you already burned two houses, so it is a little late. Keep the dog on the rabbit, with pressure on him and his family they will eventually get tired of it and give him up. Find out who visited him when he was in jail. Concentrate on the cosigners, and see if they have criminal history, and check the addresses they have with the court. Also check the complete case docket in detail, and then interview the codefendants and the officer that locked him up.

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Sat 01 Sep 2012 15:10 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Mdbtyhtr wrote:
I would say patience = profit, but you said you already burned two houses, so it is a little late. Keep the dog on the rabbit, with pressure on him and his family they will eventually get tired of it and give him up. Find out who visited him when he was in jail. Concentrate on the cosigners, and see if they have criminal history, and check the addresses they have with the court. Also check the complete case docket in detail, and then interview the codefendants and the officer that locked him up.

Scott

Howdy Scott!
All of that is splendid advice, and I'll be taking up that advice in order to develop new leads. While I brought this case in, and am titular lead on the case, I have been letting the more experienced guys run the show. I believe taking your advice may open some additional avenues of investigation that may provide hnew leads that haven't been explored yet. Thanks for the terrific back-up, and rest assured I do sincerely appreciate your suggestions.

Thank you,
Mel

DORA PI10000052

Athame Investigations,
Aurora, Colorado
303-343-7111 Office
303-319-1077 Cell
303-366-3189 Fax

Post Posted: Wed 05 Sep 2012 07:39 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Howdy Folks!
First, a huge tip of the hat to Ruffin!
He provided some terrific ideas to help me along with this case. His advice was like a breath of fresh air and I sure do value what he shared with me by phone with an eye toward helping me nail this skip. Thank you with a huge tip of my Stetson! You're great!

On another note, the case got closed when another team apprehended the skip I was after. They had some sort of information we didn't ever uncover. Congrats to that other team, but I am wondering if I didn't get snookered on this deal. I won't elaborate on that just now, but there is a hinky factor or two that I haven't quite figured out yet.

Point being, my first case that I brought in from a bondsman ended up getting resolved by somebody else. I'm glad the bondsman is off the hook, but wish I had got the guy for him.

Well enough crying in my own beer. There's more bondsmen out there with more skips that need rounded up, so I guess I'll just need to move along to the next one and learn from this particular disappointment. It ain't my first, and likely won't be my last.

Blessings,
Mel

DORA PI10000052

Athame Investigations,
Aurora, Colorado
303-343-7111 Office
303-319-1077 Cell
303-366-3189 Fax

Post Posted: Wed 05 Sep 2012 08:56 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3902
Mel,

It really depends on the agreement you had with your client, but in my world, you have every right to question this one. More will come along that are much better at communicating on this thing and explain.

Take care

Asheville NC 28804
828-777-8667
Lic # NC10013561
Lic # TN 2033018

Never be haughty to the humble
or humble to the haughty - Jefferson Davis

Post Posted: Thu 06 Sep 2012 05:14 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

B Williams wrote:
Mel,

It really depends on the agreement you had with your client, but in my world, you have every right to question this one. More will come along that are much better at communicating on this thing and explain.
Take care

Howdy!
Thanks for your response. I am looking forward to seeing what folks have to say on this. Yet another learning experience, and I surely look to have them. This one though sorta took some starch out of my day!

Blessings,
Mel

DORA PI10000052

Athame Investigations,
Aurora, Colorado
303-343-7111 Office
303-319-1077 Cell
303-366-3189 Fax

Post Posted: Thu 06 Sep 2012 22:49 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4013
Howdy Agent11-117,
Do you have a clause in your contract that makes you the exclusive investigative agency for your assignments? If not, then I can certainly help you out with that and it would be my pleasure to do so.

Los Angeles, California
(323) 786-FIND

"Approach is Everything."

Post Posted: Thu 06 Sep 2012 23:17 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

SURETYRISKMANAGEMENT wrote:
Howdy Agent11-117,
Do you have a clause in your contract that makes you the exclusive investigative agency for your assignments? If not, then I can certainly help you out with that and it would be my pleasure to do so.

Howdy!
Thank you so much for your kind offer. I surely do appreciate that. The contract would have been produced by my mentor, and I'll need to get a look at what he took over to the client. It may be that he doesn't have that clause in there. Give me a weekend to visit with him and find out exactly what they signed. Once I know that, I'll be back in touch.

Thanks again for your generosity!

Blessings,
Mel

DORA PI10000052

Athame Investigations,
Aurora, Colorado
303-343-7111 Office
303-319-1077 Cell
303-366-3189 Fax

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion