Signing up with a surety • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Re: Signing up with a surety
 Post Posted: Thu 07 Jun 2012 14:31 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Experience: More than 10 years
I was in no way trying to belittle you. Just making a point that we should be aware of how we will be perceived by the public viewing this forum.

Some one earlier used a screen name of "cutthroat agent." That may seem cute but again, the image it portrays feeds into the less knowledgable general public and government people that may visit the site. Also the pre trail agencies will use any thing they can to denegrade the profession.

I can add several qualifications to my sig line but chose not to. If someone wants to know what training or "permits" I have, all they have to do is ask.

Post Posted: Thu 07 Jun 2012 15:05 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 5
Snake,

You've been a member here for right at 6 1/2 yrs. now. You know the situation our profession is engaged in right now. A lot of us are having to grow, learn, adapt to the situation as it is a constant fluid profession.

All Tony is suggesting, is for everyone to start treating what we do as a true, legitimate profession. No different than attorneys, judges, DA's etc. Someone posed the question here recently that when any of us walk into a court room, are we confused with attorneys, judges, etc. ? The answer should always be yes.

I've preached about these very same topics for years on here. Attire, speech, written reports, screen names, spelling, etc. all to no avail. I even got chastised by people for those very standards. Maybe now with the formation of NABBI we can start addressing some of these issues as we encounter them. 1 Person at a time if need be.

So please don't take offense to what Tony was suggesting. If we can get all the "cowboy" crap off of here, and get more "suit" stuff on here, the better off all of us will be.

Post Posted: Thu 07 Jun 2012 15:34 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 1 year
I am in no way offended, I am sorry if I seemed a little defensive, I was simply having a hard time explaining my point. I was going to put my company name down there, but I figured it would seem more gunslingerish that the way I put it.
I sell law enforcement gear in addition to training and security, my company name is Snakebyte Tactical, and after I get started with this I was going to change the name of everything to make it a little more discreet.
When I started though, my targeted customers were all cops and security guards, and to be honest, a lot of them around here get excited when they see the word tactical, no matter its real life use...
So, would that sit better with everyone? I can totally understand what you are saying about image. I've met a few people at work who start telling me about their licenses and certs and how they can do anything because they're a bounty hunter...needless to say, they get schooled real quick.

I do ccw/cpl classes, and love to train. I would appreciate the opportunity to get some experience in his field, so if anyone can use any free help, I'm used to working in high risk and high liability situations.

Post Posted: Thu 07 Jun 2012 16:21 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
I see that you understand the importance of the image we project. And I know you are not or would not be the one to cause problems for our profession.

The fact that you are here and are asking intelligent questions, willing to learn and be a benefit to the profession, sets you apart from the many "cowboys" that pop in and want instant gratification.

I don't think you necessarily need to change your sig line. But beware of how others view us and will use anything we say, show or do against us.

In this world, image is everything and is idolized. Substance has very little value to most people. We want professionals with substance!

Post Posted: Thu 07 Jun 2012 17:12 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 1 year
I have dealt with the negative images of professions before, most difficult was working security. The company I was with did everything they could to distance themselves from the normal image of the fat retired guy sleeping on the job, or the guy from the hood stealing when the owner is gone.
It was hard, but made you proud to wear their uniform, and if you weren't professional looking, you went home.
I come from a fairly diverse job history, mostly animal rescue, and protection work. I fell in love with this type of job when I started, and its something I strive to do.
I have to deal with all kinds of people in my current line of work that think they are hired guns, and regular badasses. It irritated me, because I was always taught "low profile". In all the time I've carried a gun on the job, its only been pulled on 5-6 people, and most all of the time, its been me alone in the ghetto, with 100k in my hand surrounded by crack heads... But even with other times where the other person gets violent, I've never had to use it. I much prefer to talk it out quickly, and quietly.
A lot of people grab a gun and think they're a bounty hunter, bodyguard, etc, but I've seen a lot of those same people freeze when bullets tart coming at them. Or turn and run, leaving their partner behind.

I do ccw/cpl classes, and love to train. I would appreciate the opportunity to get some experience in his field, so if anyone can use any free help, I'm used to working in high risk and high liability situations.

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion