Image • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Image
 Post Posted: Thu 07 Jun 2012 14:57 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Experience: More than 10 years
In another post I may have not very clearly stated an opinion that may have insulted someone.

That was not my intention.

For those that are realitively new to the profession of bail, you may not know of the decades long battle to do away with private surety bail and the associated bail recovery part of the business.

For too long, movies and television shows have portrayed the profession as one made up of criminals, unethical, shady and inmoral individuals.

Even the movies that people loved such as Midnight Run and Jackie Brown, the bail agents or bounty hunters, did what ever it took to get their skip back. Legal or illegal, it did not matter.

So those are still the images we have to deal with.

Along with that goes that we are all gun toting, door kicking, foul mouthed scumbags. True or not, that is what most people think about us.

So when I commented on a sig line that included firearms training, it was just trying to point out that we are also perpetuating some of the sterotypes that the general public already has about us.

I believe that everyone on here knows that mostly, all the members have some experience in firearms, martial arts or can just plain run very fast if need be.

So my question is, do we need to publicize that information? If that is the only the qualification that ones has, that alone does not make one a good recovery agent.

I am not referring to anyone one individual on this or any other forum or website. I am just pointing out that we need to maybe, just maybe be aware of the image we portray no matter how insignificant it may seem to us, it may be a big issue with those trying to put us out of business.

Post subject: Re: Image
 Post Posted: Thu 07 Jun 2012 18:20 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Experience: More than 10 years
Yup . . . I am STILL, after all these years . . . just a MOM

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post subject: Re: Image
 Post Posted: Fri 08 Jun 2012 07:19 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: None
Tony,
As a Newbie here and to the field I enjoyed your post. At the TAPBA conference I attended, I payed attention to the words and thoughts given towards professionalism, image, and being legal. Maybe I am starting "backwards" for some people, but I have worked towards being legal first, making sure that I don't look like a slob-(was the word from a TAPBA board member), and pursuing training. I have a-lot to learn, but I agree with what you said and will apply that towards my image and efforts in this industry.

Jacksboro, TN

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion