Job Search Advice For Aspiring Bounty Hunters • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Re: Job Search Advice For Aspiring Bounty Hunters
 Post Posted: Thu 07 Jun 2012 10:44 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: 7 - 10 years
Consider getting your Bail Agent License. Start working as a posting agent ect....
This will allow you to get to know and more importantly get know in the bail community.
My partner have both been Bail Agents for 6 years it helps alot that is how we got our start.

360 237 1721 efax
408 402 2710 work cell
DOI Bail Agent Lic 1844214
BSIS G1533544

Go hug a Tree

Post Posted: Thu 07 Jun 2012 11:51 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1988
Experience: More than 10 years
My advice to new agents seeking employment is to promote what can you do for the surety that will lesson his liability and how you can do it better than the next guy. The last thing that you want to promote is how good you are with firearms and other restricted equipment. You want to accent what training and experience you’ve have and from where.

With the aforementioned in mind what training and work experience do you need to do this type of work. First off having law enforcement or military experience is not the end all to be all, bail enforcement like the two mentioned careers is a vocation you have to learn it. If you live in a regulated state you must meet that states minimum standards for bail enforcement agents first… as an example in Virginia you be required to take a forty hour bail enforcement agent course and a sixteen hour firearms course from a state certified academy. However your training should not end there, we always advised new agents to also take the state approved sixty hour private investigator course.

The private investigator course will teach you criminal and civil law, it will also foster your interviewing, skip tracing, surveillance, and research skills. One of the good parts about taking a course in Virginia is that you must actually put boots on the ground as part of the course. In conclusion I will tell you that I am a master firearms instructor and if a new or experience agent applied to my agency and started off telling me how good he was with firearms and busting heads he would be asked to leave. My guys are low impact and will remain so.

Tel: 1-800-387-0787

Anti-Moral Majority Club President
"Fear not the unknown, Fear the person who controls the unknown" Gene 7:14

Post Posted: Thu 07 Jun 2012 19:08 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 3 years
tsuggs wrote:
If you stress those skills over Weapons and martial arts, you would have better chances with bail agents like me.

I a former bondsman who wouldn't even carry mace going after a skip, he would sit on a house and then call when he needed me and the partner I worked with at the time, he sit on a house for hours and make sure the defendant was most likely going to be there before calling us for the physical recovery. We could even call him with a new reported location and he would go. That alone is so much more effort than the physical recovery (most of the time). It might not sound like it, but sitting on a house can be draining.

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion