PBUS Conference • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Re: PBUS Conference
 Post Posted: Sun 26 Feb 2012 08:40 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4006
Experience: More than 10 years
Lance would have gone ballistic over this. In fact he probably would have gone to the PBUS convention to thwart to whole thing. I remember when he went to Mexico to investigate the whole Chapman/Luster Fiasco.

Post Posted: Sun 26 Feb 2012 11:34 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
I was never impressed by celebrity status alone. But I met some very awesome people who were down to earth truly honest and nice people.

I have even been in the same room but did not talk with such famous people like, Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan, Tipper Gore, Pope John Paul and many other U.S. senators and representatives.

I helped an up and coming 19 year old tennis star, Chris Everett hide from the rest of the media when she came to Milwaukee for a tournment. She was just a shy young woman that did not want all the spotlights on her off the court.

Just can't remember all the famous race car drivers that I met while we covered the Indy 500 or stock car races @ the Wisconsin Fair Grounds. But there was Andretti, Stewart, one of the Johnsons, Earnhart, Waldrip, and my favorite Marty Robbins. I think we even interview Wendell Scott before he retired.

Point to all this is, there are clebrities and there are real honest celebrities. Oh forgot one.

Buddy Rich invited me to audition for his band back in the '70s. I met him standing outside a hotel in Milwaukee and started a conversation. I played bass guitar many decades ago and he invited me to sit in and audition with his band. No way was I even close to that level.

This current group of "celebrities" the doggie included are no way in the same class as those I mentioned and the hundreds that I have forgotten. They lack the character of the many great people I have met.

Post Posted: Sat 17 Mar 2012 20:51 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4006
I found an interesting link to the PBUS website from 2005

http://www.pbus.com/displaycommon.cfm?a ... iclenbr=65

Back then some of us here on the FRN were already well aware of what the USRB was doing and tried to forewarn and educate people about it.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=599&hilit=usrb

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2008-08 ... -fugitives

http://www.justice.gov/usao/nys/pressre ... restpr.pdf

Yet, PBUS was / is out of touch with the Fugitive Recovery aspect of the industry, they were actually plugging USRB with "advertising" on their website (which is still there today).

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion