Disapearing Posts • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Re: Disapearing Posts
 Post Posted: Tue 01 Nov 2011 20:02 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Experience: More than 10 years
bump . . . for absolutely No Other Reason than it is still relevant and a good read.

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Tue 01 Nov 2011 20:22 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 1 year
In my opinion, yes there are going to be crazy people here, hell were all crazy to be in this line of work. And not everyone one is going to see eye to eye on everything. And yes it seems to be easiest to just remove all the posts of one person for stirring the pot, but people this is the USA and we do have freedom of speech. I do not agree with the "wall street protesters", but can we just delete them? NO, there just there to remind the rest of the citizens of the good Ol USofA not to put an idiot in the office again. Hell we may as well just delete this post, no one agrees on deleting or not deleting people. I'm sure 99 % of the posts on here someone could have an issue with something being said, so lets just delete them all, that will make things better? Not really. The best thing to do when someone is posting that sounds like a moron just dont respond, no response, no reaction they go away. Its a simple process. Just my opinion though.

Looking for a mentor to give me a foot in the door to this business. Prior Military-US Army- expert marksmam. BHTA training acadamy. ATFE licensed Pyrotechnician; and one hell of a guy. Give me a chance and I'll give you 150% of myself. Will travel in tri state area for this opportunity.

PM for Contact info

Post Posted: Tue 01 Nov 2011 20:36 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 5
Eric, this topic is ancient history. It was dealing with 1 specific poster who was problematic.
Over the years we've had several such troublemakers...case in point, tom alcier impersonator.
Sometimes, for sake of peaceful tranquility, the moderators\admin will remove\delete posts as they see fit for a multitude of reasons.
Lastly, freedom of speech issues are regulated to government suppression...not to privately owned and operated communication venues.
Just my 2 cents worth.

Post Posted: Tue 01 Nov 2011 21:02 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 1 year
Honestly. I opened up FRN and went to view new posts. I started reading thru page one and then into page two. When I looked at the top of page two I saw the dates were from today. I did not notcice the dates on the first page until I read your response, my mistake. I get so sucked into the topics sometimes, I can read for hours on here.

I also know this is a private website and freedom of speech does not pertain to the site per say. But with that being said, I still do not think deleting a person is the apropriate answer here, like I stated just do not respond to them and they will go away eventually. Unless someone is threatening someone else then I can see banning them. Thanks for the response though.

Looking for a mentor to give me a foot in the door to this business. Prior Military-US Army- expert marksmam. BHTA training acadamy. ATFE licensed Pyrotechnician; and one hell of a guy. Give me a chance and I'll give you 150% of myself. Will travel in tri state area for this opportunity.

PM for Contact info

Post Posted: Wed 02 Nov 2011 10:40 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1
I have been known to remove posts (they go to a folder that can be viewed by the moderators.)

Often these posts are regarding negativity. I attempt to keep this website informative, as well as, entertaining.

Often just ignoring a post/thread leaves the information available for others to read - which can sometimes be interpreted as fact or approval of the site.

I believe that it is in the best interest of this site and the industry that we do not allow for negativity to be in public areas.

This website is regularly visited by the major search engines and their spiders/bots to gather information.

US Bail Bond Directory
Private Investigator Database

Please post questions in the "Comments or Suggestions" Forum
PM is only for private requests or comments

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion