Your Use of Force Policy • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Re: Your Use of Force Policy
 Post Posted: Fri 26 Aug 2011 18:21 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Experience: More than 10 years
Bill and I may be related . . . LOL
Pretty much how my Dad explained to me and how I work (when I need to).

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Mon 26 Sep 2011 07:50 

Quote:
Less than lethal force is oc spray, stun gun, taser, asp, ect.

i prefer using a pepper spray for my protection and i always do carry it in my pouch:)
thats girls best friend..

Post Posted: Tue 27 Sep 2011 15:20 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Quote:
I've found that if you carry yourself with confidence even when there is fear you have a much less chance of having to use force.

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Tue 27 Sep 2011 16:01 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 5
while I don't have a written UOF, I do follow the established and accepted policy currently being used by local leo's. Additionally, my guys and I train extensively in all aspects of our job. vehicle tactics, firearms training, cuffing, expandable batons, chemical agents, 1st aid, etc. We also go to the range at least once a week, not just stationary shooting. We run tactical drills...everything from "man down " to tactical extractions.
Further still, we train in self defense skills..pat downs, grappling, strike zones for batons etc.

Now bear in mind, none of this is required by my state for bea's. However some of it has just now become required private security officers...whether armed or unarmed. Alabama is now mirroring California's guard card certification.

Post Posted: Tue 27 Sep 2011 18:31 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 1 year
First off, thank all of you for the information. You have provided more information in this one post than any one book or course could ever provide. I believe my # 1 weapon is my mind, followed by my hands. When you go into a place and show command, people fear that. Move with purpose, strike with speed. Of course your always going to get someone who thinks they have a chance at taking you out first, but a good taser should be suffice. There are always going to be unpredictable events, but with a good taser lethal force should not be needed. But it is good to be prepared just in case. Excellent post and excellent answers. Thank you.

Eric

Looking for a mentor to give me a foot in the door to this business. Prior Military-US Army- expert marksmam. BHTA training acadamy. ATFE licensed Pyrotechnician; and one hell of a guy. Give me a chance and I'll give you 150% of myself. Will travel in tri state area for this opportunity.

PM for Contact info

Post Posted: Wed 28 Sep 2011 06:23 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Quite the informative and thought provoking topic! I have to say, though...My agents and I reside in AZ...we ALL carry! With that decision comes more responsibility, more training and mature thinking. When we're working a child retrieval, we have to 'believe' force could be inevitable because more often than not, drugs are involved. However, before ANY case we study the ins and outs of where we're headed, what the plan is on arrival and what the plan is getting out. If we've done our homework, use of force isn't an issue.

Yes, we all get together monthly (we're a bit spred out) and train for tactical, etc, but we also make sure it's something we're individually prepared for. We've also known each other for over ten years. We pull out on a case, there's no discussion. Automatically we know who's riding with who, who's going through the door first, who's got the perimeter, etc. We're cohesive. Now grant you, my guys are 6' to 6'4" an all ex-something.

I can absolutely understand why the owner of a bail bond co. with FRA's needs to have a policy in effect. Law suits, or the talk of law suits has got to be in the forefront of the owners mind, as well as the safety of those around him. By the grace of God, we have (almost) always got paid, but never sued. Thank you for such an enlightening subject, as well as something to consider for the future.

AZ Lic # 1002269
ArizonaPIs.com

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion