continued education • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: continued education
 Post Posted: Thu 22 Sep 2011 20:25 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 5
Experience: More than 10 years
Once upon a time all of us were new,,so don't worry about it... :) in life you will realize that you are both a student and a teacher...wisdom is in knowing when to be which.

Post Posted: Thu 22 Sep 2011 20:31 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 1 year
Right now I'm just trying to absorb as much as I can, the one thing that is hard for me is some of the statute, GA was actually one of the easier states statute to understand. But some states omg, just confuse me. Right now though I'm a complete student and absorbing like a sponge.

Post Posted: Fri 23 Sep 2011 05:27 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
SpanielPI wrote:
Once upon a time all of us were new,,so don't worry about it... :) in life you will realize that you are both a student and a teacher...wisdom is in knowing when to be which.

Now that was a very profound statement.... which has been repeated many times but not always followed... :shock:

As the years flow by.... I am often amazed at how "smart" my father actually was... the title of this thread says it all.

... of course, there are some exceptions... myself, for example... I was born a "knowitall"... it took me years to realize that I actually knew very little... and since hooking up with these folks... I have found that I knew even less............. :mrgreen:

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Fri 23 Sep 2011 08:35 
in memoriam

:P ....I've missed you Bill. It is truly amazing as I get older I realize how dumb I am and how smart my father was.

Post Posted: Fri 23 Sep 2011 16:29 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
SpanielPI wrote:
:P ....I've missed you Bill. It is truly amazing as I get older I realize how dumb I am and how smart my father was.

ditto Ruff.... I always found your posts quite informative and factual... of course since I already know everything... I just nod my head in agreement and read on.... 8) :roll:

You know Ruffin, my Dad, God bless him, was a doctor with 3 very impressive degrees, a college professor in the U of Kentucky Med school and had a TV show for a time... and I... well, I am just an old retired truck driver and a country bondsman.... it used to bother me that I fell far from the tree but as I grow older I realize that what you choose to do for a living often times has little to do with the real person you are... and it bothers me less and less. In fact, sometimes in conversations, people may ask me... "Your father was a doctor and you were just a truck driver?" (they don't mean anything by it but....)... I usually just smile and respond by saying... "That's true, but I never held it against him." 8)

I have come to the conclusion that it makes no particular difference what you do in life... as long as you try to do it to the best of your ability...

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Fri 23 Sep 2011 17:57 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3902
John,

There was/is a message in Bill M. post. The longer you're here, the faster you'll find those somewhat hidden messages.

You seem like a person that is willing to do whatever it takes to reach your goals. I'm going to offer some unsolicited advice.

Look at the entire picture when deciding what you're going to do in this business. One poster suggested you check out the Bail laws in Georgia before moving there, for a job. I hope you've done that. This work, if done properly is not all that exciting. In fact if you do your job well, it can at times be rather dull. Go slow my friend.

Good luck to you !!

Asheville NC 28804
828-777-8667
Lic # NC10013561
Lic # TN 2033018

Never be haughty to the humble
or humble to the haughty - Jefferson Davis

Post Posted: Fri 23 Sep 2011 19:06 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

I did check out that laws that would have me qualify as a BEA in GA according GAPB, if that what you mean. I'm more excited about learning, training, investigating and just learning a complete new industry, that where I'm more excited then anything, as far as the actual work being exciting, I'd get excited sitting in a office and letting the LEO pick the skip up.

Last edited by skippy on Fri 23 Sep 2011 21:45, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri 23 Sep 2011 21:04 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post Posted: Sun 25 Sep 2011 23:29 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Experience: < 3 years
Hmmm. You may say that now, but when you are stuck in a car staring at a front yard porch or a back door while your coffee goes cold, it will get dull faster than you think.

Post Posted: Mon 26 Sep 2011 06:32 
in memoriam

Conducting static surveillance: that's what ir motion activated game cams w/wi fi are for.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion