Call on skip..and a waste of my time.. • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Call on skip..and a waste of my time..
 Post Posted: Wed 10 Aug 2011 01:34 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1366
Experience: 7 - 10 years
I'm posting this here for a reason...I got a call from a blocked number on Monday from a bail agent in Washington State. Forgot his name but anyway(said he got my info from the FRN :) )...has a possible skip about 30 minutes north of here. I said OK, gave him my fax number and was going to have this checked out for him. I checked my fax when I got home and nothing, and ditto for yesterday...Plesae do not call and waste my time if you are not serious about using my company. I had everyone in place to help this agent and all I got was nothing but disrespect. I was at work and took time out to talk to him to see what I could do to help...

" Yeah, I see ya, you ding dong..."

Post subject: Re: Call on skip..and a waste of my time..
 Post Posted: Wed 10 Aug 2011 07:05 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Experience: More than 10 years
Angela, happens often... does tend to get your panties in an uproar... I know how you feel... I get calls on a weekly, if not daily basis for bonds... just looking for information... or, yes but no money... or I will call you back.... I guess it's just part of the business... don't worry about it much anymore...

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Wed 10 Aug 2011 09:39 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2570
I have found the trend is trying to get something for nothing but i know how you feel get it all the time but don't give out anything and i am sorry you went through all the trouble.

Retired Private Investigator & Bail Enforcement
NAM VET 1969- 1975 US Army (RECON)
Office 260-220-3877
1-888-631-5520
Fax 260-456-6062

Post Posted: Wed 10 Aug 2011 09:49 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3671
Experience: 3 - 5 years
This, more than any actual hunting, is the story of my life. They want, no they NEED, you on the hook in case it really goes south but....they are always open to, and even pursuing, free or less costly methods. I'd really rather they waited until they needed me to call but...what're you gonna' do?

Ca. Bail Agent Lic#1845795
Owner/Operator, Thomas Duprey Bail Bonds
Owner/Operator, Orange County Bounty
(714) 727-4689

Post Posted: Wed 10 Aug 2011 17:56 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3077
Experience: 5 - 7 years
I just got a call from a company 2 days ago now out of Ga. that had a "100% positive address" on a defendant of theirs.Now I should know better by now when I hear the "100% positive address" line that it usually does not turn out that way!! anyway turns out the actual addess is 2 hours from were I was.So far this company and its recovery agent are fairly good people to deal with and I have been in contact with them on a regular basis from the get go.However,when I was told they had the definate address I did not do alot of research of my own and instead chose to go with their info and head straight out.In part that was my mistake also but they did want me to go immediately so I appeased them.I stated it was going to cost a little more as I had to drive a significant amount more on account of being sent to wrong address.They seemed fine with that and so far they are still in contact with me.

now thats my current story,but I have had the kind you are speaking of.Were the company wants me to go right away and doesnt send me the required paperwork I need to accomplish their recovery.Or they call and seem to be in a hurry but than do not get back with me for a week or so.

My theory is similar to Toms,They want you on the hook.not only so they can possibly attempt to find a cheaper rate but also to wait untill the absolute last minute just in case their defendant get picked up by LEO.

Some do not understand that waiting for the last minute will ultimately cost them more,due to the rush more money is needed to travel alot more in a shorter time,possibly more reports being pulled up,and possibly paying informants if need be.

Cell:(931)551-5020

Post Posted: Wed 10 Aug 2011 17:59 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3671
Don't even get me started on them not giving, or wanting to give, all the necessary paperwork! LOL.

Ca. Bail Agent Lic#1845795
Owner/Operator, Thomas Duprey Bail Bonds
Owner/Operator, Orange County Bounty
(714) 727-4689

Post Posted: Wed 10 Aug 2011 18:34 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1973
I know bondsman/women will get the calls regarding bail and some never go through, but what BondgirlCT is talking about pisses me off too.
Why call and go through the whole story regarding their skip and never send anything or at least a follow up call. In the past I did what you did.....everybody ready did some preliminary look-ups, etc. I even did what Jay did and listen and follow what information they had just to expedite the pick-up, and at times the info was no good.
The way I handle it now may seem like I'm unwilling or uninterested in the case when someone calls me regarding a skip, but I am interested in all work coming my way.....it's just that I've been down that road too many times......so now I listen, ask A LOT of questions, engage in a little conversation, but ultimately I get right to it.........send me the information/paperwork I need and we'll talk more.

Dave
Private Investigator
Licensed by the NYS DOS Division of Licensing

Post Posted: Wed 10 Aug 2011 19:09 
in memoriam

Well, I only deal with companies that I have previously dealt with or someone that I trust has dealt with them.

Looking at it from the bondsman's side.... I get calls all the time on defendants that I have on wanted lists... in fact, I have stopped putting my wanted list out there because I am tired of all the calls telling me that "they" know exactly where he is or they saw him in Walmart and want me to give them exclusive rights to pick him up... and when I begin to qualify them and their legalities... they often get belligerent and hostile and say things like.... "well, I know where he is but if you don't want him, tough sht..." or something similar...

I frankly have very few skips and many I just go get myself because it is often easier than worrying about what the BEA may do or actually cost me if he is not efficient in his activities. There are always two sides to every story... I can appreciate the BEA's side when dealing with certain bonding companies but my side also has issues in dealing with unqualified BEA folks...

It is a business and with any business you start by discussing the need and the solution and providing your qualifying position that can provide the solution to the problem. A solid checklist and sticking to it can give you a line to follow.

I guess what I am saying is that each side needs to be diligent and qualify each other before moving forward with the job... and the first thing that needs to be established is the legality of each, then history and references can be very helpful... and that is exactly what this site is all about.

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Wed 10 Aug 2011 19:29 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1973
Your right Bill. I had one bondsman call me regarding a skip. He gave a little Intel regarding the skip and then he started asking me about my background and digging a little into my personality and procedures, which intrigued me.
I wanted to work for this guy.
I did the best I could within the time frame of our conversation to describe myself and put him at ease with choosing me and he said he would send the case, but nothing ever arrived, mail or fax. Still don't know why.
I know I need to do better with my follow up calls due to the lack of work, but I tend to think that they contacted me, so they know how to reach me if they really wanted to utilize my services......am I wrong for that way of thinking?

Dave
Private Investigator
Licensed by the NYS DOS Division of Licensing

Post Posted: Wed 10 Aug 2011 19:58 
in memoriam

BigDave wrote:
I know I need to do better with my follow up calls due to the lack of work, but I tend to think that they contacted me, so they know how to reach me if they really wanted to utilize my services......am I wrong for that way of thinking?

Well, here's my take on call backs... I get bond calls all the time, as we all do I suppose... I try to get everything on the first call and set up the time... most of the time, if it is a legitimate bond and workable, I just set the time, make sure they have my name and cell number and go do it...

... however, there are occasions when all the "ducks" are not in a row... not enough money... not a strong enough indemnitor... have to think about it... or they may just want to shop around... even though I always inform them that the premium is set by the state of Virginia and cannot be negotiated... now most will believe me but some want to shop around anyway... you generally can get a handle after you have been at this a while... anyway... I will most of the time... let it go...

... again, however, there are times when I will call them back a few hours later... I will always call the jail and verify the bond and charges but then sometimes I will in fact call the people back... some of my coworkers... whom I will not mention just now... will not call back, they figure why bother... well, let me give you some related info on calling back...

Bond one.... had 4 fellas in a car, stopped on I-85 southbound... going back to school in Chapel Hill (UNC)... had some pot in the car and were driving over 90.... locked up and each... each had $25,000... that means $100,000 total... called me from the jail... mom and dad were in Maryland... provided me with the home numbers and I called... told them what and how much... they said they were gonna do property and they would call me back later.... weeeelllll......... not in Virginia you won't .... at least not with Maryland property.... they never called back... I waited about 4 hours and called them back and they said..... "we lost your number but are interested in bonding our son out..." I wrote all 4 of those boys... it took me 2 days to get all the faxes and money but had I not called them back.... someone else would have done it..............................

Bond two... had 2 defendants locked up for contributing to delinquency of a minor... a charge that both said was false and the parents said the same thing... but that is what they all say... anyway... they put $25,000 on each... I talked to the parents of one of the two.... a boy and girl about 25 living together but not married... they lived on the boys fathers land... I talked to him but he said he would think about it.... I called back once but he was still undecided... I left it alone for almost a week... happened to see the paperwork on my desk and decided to call... guess what... same thing.... "I misplaced your number and was just about to call another company... I am glad you called......" ME TOO!!!! I wrote them both and the fathers property was great collateral.... I put 10k in my pocket on the first one and 5k on this one....

The phone calls cost me about 3 dollars each.........................

Now you tell me.................... do you call back???? I damn sure do................

We are all salesmen... you sell yourself and sometimes you have to wiggle the carrot in front of the rabbit a couple of times before he bites it................

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion