Concealed Carry • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Re: Concealed Carry
 Post Posted: Sun 17 Jul 2011 15:42 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Experience: More than 10 years
Ok... did some research myself... the following recall that was issued by Blackhawk for only a specific holster related to only certain weapons... this is specific and not all weapons are involved....

I took a very close look at the holster I use and cannot find anything that would present a problem... and I wanted to correct my initial comment on this product. Nuff said.

Copied and pasted from the website:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
"Updated Safety Recall Notice - Issued 07dec07

Please note that the Updated Safety Recall Notice linked below and issued on 07dec07 for certain "High Wall" versions of both the Blackhawk Carbon Fiber SERPA and the Blackhawk Sportster holsters, supersedes all previously released notices about this recall (only).

The linked update adds two additional Component Part Numbers (C1215-S and C1215-L-S) to the two (C1215 and C1215-L) that were contained in the preceding notice(s).

Please read and follow the Notice linked below to determine if your holster is among the limited group affected by this recall.

Blackhawk Products Group is announcing a safety recall that applies to the "High Wall" versions of Blackhawk's Carbon Fiber SERPA Holsters and Blackhawk Sportster Holsters intended to fit only Glock Models 20 and 21 and the Smith & Wesson M&P in any caliber or configuration that are marked: "Glock 20/21"; "Glock 20/21 S&W M&P; or "Glock 20/21 S&W M&P .45". These holsters also have the Component Part Number C1215, C1215-L, C1215-S, or C1215-L-S molded into the bottom of the rear wall of the holster body.

As a result of a single incident, it has been determined that employing certain movements when attempting to place the Smith and Wesson M&P Pistol (in any caliber or configuration) into these "High Wall" holsters can cause the handgun to engage that "High Wall" and unexpectedly discharge if there is a round in the chamber and the trigger is in what Smith & Wesson calls "the striker fire action mode". A discharge or "firing" of the weapon in this manner could cause property damage or personal injury or death to the user and/or others.

Regardless of what firearm you are using with the holster, you should immediately determine if your holster is included in the two groups of holsters affected by this recall as described in the actual Notice linked below. If it is, you must stop using it and return it to Blackhawk Products Group by following the procedure contained in the linked Notice. "

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

This does not seem to be a problem with XD's although I suppose you should check out whatever you decide to purchase.

My personal use of these holsters has been very good. I have no issues and have experienced no issues and have not seen any issues although I have, as mentioned in a previous post, heard (second hand info) at one of my IDPA meets of a problem.

You know how rumors get going.... believe nothing you hear unless is is first hand from the person it happened to and from the manufacturer... just check it out.

BTW... I spent today at an indoor range in Richmond, qualifying for my annual CCW DCJS permit... I used the Blackhawk holster mentioned here with no problems... I am now qualified with pistols... .45cal.; 9mm.; .40cal.; and shotgun.... I managed to shoot a 300 which rather surprised me... I want to congratulate my daughter who also qualified with a really great 275... (300 was expert, but I figure it was just old mans luck).... as one of my buddies said today....

"I am not a very good shot... but I rarely miss 14 times... "
8) 8) :roll:

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion