rant and rave!! • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Re: rant and rave!!
 Post Posted: Sat 21 May 2011 14:38 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2797
Experience: 3 - 5 years
Sandman,

LVMPD, HPD, NLVPD are the exact same way. The only department in Vegas that I have ever encountered that knew about Bail Bonds/Enforcement is the NDPS (Highway, Trooper, School/University Police, etc.), and if they haven't run across you before they will ask to see your license, or the NVBEA's license that is covering you.

In Wyoming and Montana, there are so many "bad apples" in the industry that I was talking with the MT Private License Board (WY agrees) that if/when they are ready to regulate it, they will legislate it to where the Recovery Agent is either POST certified in either Police or Detention Officer minimum...

Pre-Service Academy in Wy (WLEA) is $4500 for PPolice Officer Basic, and $2750 Detention Officer Basic.

Personally, I recommend these non-regulated states do something to regulate it, maybe not to such extreme, but it would make everyone's lives easier...especially when booking someone in.

What are everyone's opinion in that regard? (POST Certs req'd for BEA)

307-763-3134

"As Professional Bail Enforcement Agents, we secure the Risk of the Surety by lawfully protecting the interest of not only the safety and security of our Clients and their Surety Agencies, but their Indemnitors and Defendants as well."

Post Posted: Sat 21 May 2011 17:13 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Experience: More than 10 years
If the training would encourage cooperation on the part of LE, I would be all for it. Delaware is on the ball with bail enforcement and their program should be replicated nationwide. The problem, in addition to what has been posted, is that there are many LEO who have an issue with BEA's that they cannot articulate in the first person. By this I mean that they can tell you about an issue that they have heard about that a fellow officer was involved in, 3 or 4 times removed. Unfortunately, LEO cannot pass the same litmus test that they would hold us to, and to their chagrin as well as ours, no profession wants to be painted with the same brush based on the least of us.

It has been my experience that if you present professionally and act accordingly, rarely do you have an issue. I want them to know that I am there and do not want their assistance, they have no patience.

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Sat 21 May 2011 18:14 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: 7 - 10 years
Guess we have been lucky. I make personal contact with the District Sargent if possible and we always have gotten " do you guys need any assistance?". We have run into the old we cant make entery ect but we will back you up.

360 237 1721 efax
408 402 2710 work cell
DOI Bail Agent Lic 1844214
BSIS G1533544

Go hug a Tree

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion