Las Vegas Meeting • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next

Post subject: Re: Las Vegas Meeting
 Post Posted: Fri 04 Feb 2011 15:21 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Experience: More than 10 years
Good news!

IrbSearch has committed to attend and present a session on data searches. I know there are several services out there. I started with them because I use them and thought they are overall, one of the best.

They will also make a donation of an item from their "store." They sell all kinds of surviellance stuff. We will use the donation as a door prize.

I am starting to work on a flyer to use to promote the meeting. Also, please pass the word around to others you know and if you are a member on other forums, please also post there as well.

This is an all inclusive event. With the exception of a certain "bunch" who would not meet our professional standards. They can go to the UnPBUS meeting. :wink:

Post Posted: Thu 17 Feb 2011 15:10 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Another addition to the our program. Jeff Scott of Prime Insurance will join us and talk about recovery agent liability insurance.

His company is one of a very few that will write liability insurance for the bail recovery agents at a reasonable, affordale rate.

I am still waiting on the U.S. Marshals to commit to speak on extraditions and someone to handle the electronic monitoring / gps units. There we should have a full day of educational sessions and a lot of fun afterwards!

Post Posted: Thu 17 Feb 2011 21:53 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1973
Experience: 3 - 5 years
I don't know why I didn't recommend the insurance aspect of the job.
I have spoken to Scott on various occasions and find him very helpful and knowledgeable regarding insurance.
Not to mention they are the only ones I have found to provide BE liability insurance, albeit on the expensive side. :roll:

Dave
Private Investigator
Licensed by the NYS DOS Division of Licensing

Post Posted: Fri 18 Feb 2011 20:04 

Tony, is Mr. Scott also able to provide the general liability coverage you inquired about earlier?

If not, I used to be a district director and the chair of the exibitor committee of the state EMS assoc. here in Ohio. We have conferences 3-4 times a year, attended by 85-400 EMS attendees and 6-30 profession related vendors supplying booths. One thing we had to supply was the liability coverage.

I can contact that association secretary, get the list of the liability coverage suppliers, if that helps and is still necessary.

Just let me know.

Thanks,
Roy Myers

Post Posted: Sat 19 Feb 2011 18:10 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2570
Tony,
I can talk to my brother and see if he would speak on air travel & Skips if his plans are open at that time, he is a US Air Marshal and transports fugitives all the time. He will be in next week. Most everyone already knows about him on here. I know transport is different for them than us but he knows the laws even for Canada or out of the country.

Retired Private Investigator & Bail Enforcement
NAM VET 1969- 1975 US Army (RECON)
Office 260-220-3877
1-888-631-5520
Fax 260-456-6062

Post Posted: Sat 19 Feb 2011 20:03 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
That would be perfect David !

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Mon 21 Feb 2011 04:00 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Yes to both!

Please pass on my contact info to any broker that provides convention or conference liabilty insurance. I can forward on the Nuggets requirements.

Also, I have not heard back from the Las Vegas U S Marshal Office, regarding speaking about extraditions. So a air marshal would be an interesting session, in my opinion.

Post Posted: Mon 21 Feb 2011 17:50 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2797
Experience: 3 - 5 years
After living in Las Vegas for a while, and starting in the industry out there, I may know a few people that could get you in touch with the right person to talk to within the US Marshals office that can help us out. I also a a personal close friend that works for the US Marshals Montana Violent Offenders Task Force that I may be able to convince to come out there with me and talk as well. We have been talking about together and possibly making it down there.

Also, I have been utilizing the TrackerPal II gps bracelets for a year with a Wyoming Bail Bondsman and have become quite knowledgeable about this device. This bondsman also own/operates Freedom Fighters GPS, whom utilizes their bracelets and DUI Interlock devices. I may be able to get him to speak about their devices as well. They also have Bail Bonds offices located in California, which I believe they use these bracelets there as well.

You can find their website at www.freedomfightersgps.com

Let me know if any of these options could be available to you.

307-763-3134

"As Professional Bail Enforcement Agents, we secure the Risk of the Surety by lawfully protecting the interest of not only the safety and security of our Clients and their Surety Agencies, but their Indemnitors and Defendants as well."

Post Posted: Mon 21 Feb 2011 19:01 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Tim,

Thanks for the info. I should know in a week if the other people I have asked to speak will commit.

If they can't or wont, I will definitely take you up on your offers!

Post Posted: Mon 21 Feb 2011 19:16 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

BTW gang,

I'm here in Vegas for our state bail association board meeting on Wednesday. I came down early to mooch a couple of free extravagant dinners off my sureties. :mrgreen:

I'm staying at the Nugget and it is a good location. Clean, not worn out and relatively easy to get to. In June, the weather should be nice and not too hot.

When I get back, I will start work on getting a flyer together for mass advertising the event.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion