Pulled Over by a Florida State Trooper Today.. • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post subject: Re: Pulled Over by a Florida State Trooper Today..
 Post Posted: Sat 29 Jan 2011 13:12 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: 7 - 10 years
Guess ive been lucky. I have worked in the County ER for 24 years so I know most of the faces Ive been in contact with in the feild. I was using a Crown Vic as i also help a buddy with his Security stuff sometimes. i had to give that car up for a 3 row Durando as we added another little one to the flock. Most of the comments I get are Damn you have better gear than we do. Havent had any issues yet but Im sure it will come.

360 237 1721 efax
408 402 2710 work cell
DOI Bail Agent Lic 1844214
BSIS G1533544

Go hug a Tree

Post Posted: Sat 29 Jan 2011 14:46 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 1 year
Personally I like the car and the reason behind it. You DO look professional and no one can say they thought you were a street thug running up to rob them and THATS why they shot you and then get off on self defense (especially with the bright RED!, LOL). I would love to get an old PD unit with a cage in it for arrest/transport- when the budget gets there, its top on the list!

As for Mr. Rookie- you can only hope that maybe he learned something from you and will not make the same mistake twice. :wink:

Post Posted: Mon 31 Jan 2011 10:06 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Experience: More than 10 years
Madi,
I have '08 CV P71. Was very lucky and found it online from a dealer in NY. Had only 8 miles on it and a scratch on the bumper, so they sold it as used.

Had it checked out at DMV ino order to register it. The NY dealer left the front and rear stobes in but NOT wired up.

Anyway, if you are looking for a used CV, I would only recommend a CHP unit. Most pds beat the heck out of theirs. The CHP take excellant care of them. They usually retire them at 100K or 2 years.

I had a '99 CV from the CHP and it had over 300K when I sold it to get my new one.

I like them for the comfort and more importantly, I don't get parking tickets anymore in Oakland or San Francisco if the parking meter expires.

They also are nice when dropping off clients in "bad" areas. I do not use it for pickups though. Sticks out too much and scares off the target.

Post Posted: Mon 31 Jan 2011 16:20 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1988
Let me first say that I understand the actions of the Trooper and the responding action and discontent by “NYPD” and others here. Law Enforcement is a dirty business no question about it, nothing is black and white. Police officers see people at their worst all day every day, police officers are asked to see and work in conditions that most of you would fine horrifying. This is a good reason why a high percentage of police officers die within ten years of their retirement from the police department.

Government officials have said for years that they want their police officers to be more professional with the ability to address a better educated society, thus the nationwide move to only hire college educated personnel. I’m all for a better educated workforce, however law enforcement is a craft and the rookie officer has to be taught how to police on the street verses some college professor’s hypothesis of how police officers should perform law enforcement duties. For most people the police are a necessary evil, they only want law enforcement seen not heard unless they are a victim of criminal activity.

A police officer and the department or agency that he works has the power to enforce the laws as written by the people of that state or the federal government, that same officer has the right to exercise discretion for most low level offenses. Yet we want to rebuff the officer that enforces the letter of the law, because we assume that it should only be used on real criminals. I find that with the facts presented to include photos of the vehicle in question and the accruements attached thereto the Trooper had a reasonable suspicion to believe that something was amiss. The Trooper was well within his authority to investigate, insofar as the Supreme Court has said that law enforcement work is so inherently dangerous that police have a right and duty to investigate suspicious activity and develop probable cause.

We all know or should know if you are working in this industry that there are the police wannabes or holster sniffers out here that create some major issues for a police department, and there are real bandits that pose as police to commit crimes against our unsuspecting populace. I would challenge anyone to state without a hesitation that you have never used harsh words or implied threats to get your point across when interacting with a suspect or attempting to take a suspect into custody who you thought maybe armed. I will agree that there are some rogue, arrogant police officers working the mean streets, but who do you want protecting you and your family from the hardcore bandits Barney Miller or Andy Sipowicz.

Tel: 1-800-387-0787

Anti-Moral Majority Club President
"Fear not the unknown, Fear the person who controls the unknown" Gene 7:14

Last edited by DSI on Tue 01 Feb 2011 05:57, edited 3 times in total.

Post Posted: Mon 31 Jan 2011 16:34 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Det. Carolyn Barek (Annabella Sciorra) can arrest or "jack me up" anytime!

Being more serious, I have never threatened anyone in the course of this job. Very harsh words but no swearing.

Post Posted: Mon 31 Jan 2011 17:03 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1973
Experience: 3 - 5 years
Common don't be "The Weasel" ....Not one swear word.
No......LET ME SEE YOUR F-ing HANDS......DON'T F-ING MOVE.....DON"T ASK WHY I'M PUTTING YOUR MONEY IN MY POCKET.....JK :lol:
Seriously though not one swear ??

What about the attempted phone con artist.....I bet there was a swear there.

As for the car....I would love a car like that, but it would ruin surveillance jobs here.
Tony you know I had dibs on that car right? How much did it cost you?

Dave
Private Investigator
Licensed by the NYS DOS Division of Licensing

Post Posted: Mon 31 Jan 2011 18:44 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

The '08 CV was $25K listed for $32K. Once I figure it out how, I will post pictures of it.

Regarding the phone con artist, I just called him what he called me and asked him if he wanted to talk more, to come down to my office, "please."

Post Posted: Tue 01 Feb 2011 10:25 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Quote:
Quote:
LuVonda wrote:
Have you contacted his Superior ? That would be the next step, I would think. Yes, NYPD the "bullet" comment was way over the top and should have never been made.

Being a former Police Officer .. I can not and Will not report this cop to his superior only because I do still believe in the Brotherhood. I will not jam up another cop even if he was out of line.. he will do this one day I am sure, as he seemed to have that line of shooting me pretty down pat, to some off duty supervisory law enforcement officer on a car stop and then he will dig his own grave and be disciplined accordingly.. I believe in KARMA.and know he will say the wrong thing again to the wrong person.

Been pondering on this . . .
It is your DUTY as a citizen to protect your fellow citizens from the abuse of an officer such as this. If you do not and this officer kills or cripples a citizen, then you are just as guilty as he is. For you had the foresight to know what he was about and did nothing to protect the innocents.
Bad cops should be removed from the streets . . . period. It should not be "I will let him jam himself up" . . . someone could die.

I know this personally . . . nothing was done til a Judge's son was killed :(

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Tue 01 Feb 2011 10:51 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3828
LuVonda wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
LuVonda wrote:
Have you contacted his Superior ? That would be the next step, I would think. Yes, NYPD the "bullet" comment was way over the top and should have never been made.

Being a former Police Officer .. I can not and Will not report this cop to his superior only because I do still believe in the Brotherhood. I will not jam up another cop even if he was out of line.. he will do this one day I am sure, as he seemed to have that line of shooting me pretty down pat, to some off duty supervisory law enforcement officer on a car stop and then he will dig his own grave and be disciplined accordingly.. I believe in KARMA.and know he will say the wrong thing again to the wrong person.

Been pondering on this . . .
It is your DUTY as a citizen to protect your fellow citizens from the abuse of an officer such as this. If you do not and this officer kills or cripples a citizen, then you are just as guilty as he is. For you had the foresight to know what he was about and did nothing to protect the innocents.
Bad cops should be removed from the streets . . . period. It should not be "I will let him jam himself up" . . . someone could die.

Well .. I am not going to rat this 1 idiot's actions towards me to his supervisor .. cause what will follow will be 10 times worse for me.. EVERY TROOPER will now know I am a RAT and have me "MARKED" as I drive the turnpike to get to my office.. I do not feel like getting stopped 20 times a day when I am driving as you can see my car stands out amongst the crowd.. Troopers stick together here.. they even pull marked police units from other departments over for speeding, so I do not feel like making myself a Target with his Co-Workers..and getting bullshiit trumped up tickets for driving ...my end result of this situation I posted about = I didnt get a ticket.. I drove away with a "Have a Nice Day and Be Safe" ... and next time this Trooper stops a Surety Agent he will hopefully know what we are and maybe handle the situation better.. if not .. let the next Surety Agent make the report of Conduct Unbecoming of an Officer or Rude / Threatening actions.. I for one wont subject myself to any possible retaliation from the FL Highway Patrol.. I know how it was back in the day when I was a cop and someone called the Station to make report on me that lived in my patrol area .. I made their life a living hell of tickets and looked for them daily .. and so did my co-workers as I told every other cop I worked with and adjoining police precincts to pull them over also for any little trivial traffic violation and write them for which they did with pleasure..

I would rather just put it behind me and move on .. since this car stop, I have passed and been next to 4 other Police Vehicles from various departments and every officer in these vehicles waved to me and went on their merry way ... and just like all the previous police officers I have encountered the last almost 2 years while driving this vehicle.. I have never been harassed about my car "LOOKING TOO OFFICIAL" until that day.. and hopefully it will be the last as I try not to do anything wrong to cause me to get pulled over (I hope).

NABBI Member

"Surprise Sex is the Best Thing to Wake up to, UNLESS, You are in Jail... "

Post Posted: Tue 01 Feb 2011 11:14 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Quote:
I know how it was back in the day when I was a cop and someone called the Station to make report on me that lived in my patrol area .. I made their life a living hell of tickets and looked for them daily .. and so did my co-workers as I told every other cop I worked with and adjoining police precincts to pull them over also for any little trivial traffic violation and write them for which they did with pleasure..

Thank you for answering my query . . .

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion