Pulled Over by a Florida State Trooper Today.. • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Post subject: Pulled Over by a Florida State Trooper Today..
 Post Posted: Thu 27 Jan 2011 15:56 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3828
Experience: More than 10 years
There I was driving back home from my Bail Bond Office on the parkway.. the traffic is getting pretty rubber necky..due to it coming close to rush hour.. I am in the far left fast lane doing maybe 20 - 30 mph if that.. in stop and go traffic.. in the next lane to my right is a Nice New Marked 2011 Dodge Charger FL Highway Patrol Car..with a Black State Trooper inside. I am in a 2003 Red Ford Crown Victoria (Tinted Windows), Cage Partition, Rear Passenger Window Bars, Laptop Mounted Toughbook Computer in the Center Console, 3 antennas on the rear trunk for my 2 way radio to the office..and not breaking any traffic laws what so ever.. as this trooper was next to me on my right, the trooper waves with a hand gesture as to say "Hello" I wave back and give the LEO a nod of my head and continue on my way to my exit.. I lost site of him after a few minutes in traffic only to see him again in my rear view mirror as I was proceeding to exit off my parkway exit. Now mind you ...I have my 80 year old mother in the passenger seat who is visiting me from NYC and took the ride to my office to meet the crew.. as soon as I exit off the parkway .. he lights up his trooper car and pulls me over.. I pull into the Gas Station to my immediate right.. roll down my window.. place my hands on the steering wheel as I am "ARMED" and also have a Mossberg 12 Gauge Shotgun in a shotgun rack on top of the ceiling attached to the cage partition, and I wait for this Trooper to approach... as he does he asks me " Who are you ? " .. I reply .."I am a Surety Agent, Sir" .. the Trooper then replies.. ' What's That?? ', I then go on to say "I am a Bail Bondsman and I am armed with a 9mm pistol, I have my ID in my back right rear pocket, may I get it ?". The trooper then says " I could put a bullet in your head before you even pull your gun out of your holster!" I right there knew that this car stop was not going well .... he asks for my ID.. I hand him my Retired Police Officer ID / FL State Surety Agent ID .. My Drivers License / Registration and Insurance card.. the following is the conversation between me and him as it continues...

Trooper: "Your vehicle looks 'TOO' Official and that is why I am stopping you after I saw this old lady with you in the front passenger seat and Why do you have a partition cage in this car ?"

Me: " Because I sometimes arrest people and transport them to the local jail that have outstanding bench warrants that fail to appear at court that we have out on a bail bond "

Trooper: "You arrest people??"

Me: "Yes, sometimes I do"

Trooper: "why do you have 3 antennas on your car ?"

Me: "For this two way radio here" as I pointed to it on the hump below my ashtray..

Trooper walks around my car looking at every part of the exterior..

Trooper: " Remain in your vehicle, I will be right back"

Me: " Yes Sir, No Problem"

Trooper returns after 5 minutes of talking to radio dispatcher or someone..

Trooper: " You know you have the power to arrest ?"

Me: " Ummmm? Yes, of course I knew that ... I just told you I did.. and it also says that on the face of my State Surety License ID Card too"

Trooper: " Why dont you just transport the prisoner in the front seat of your vehicle ? Why do you need a partition..?"

Me: " Because sometimes I am alone and dont need the subject acting up and possibly having me cause an accident"

Trooper: "Ok, I will let you go, have a nice day and be safe"

Me: " You too sir and thank you for courtesy"

I drove away ... and said under my breath ... " What a Moron ! "

Attachments:
Car 3.jpg
Car 3.jpg [ 50.67 KiB | Viewed 20130 times ]
Car 2.jpg
Car 2.jpg [ 52.08 KiB | Viewed 20130 times ]
CAR.jpg
CAR.jpg [ 64.44 KiB | Viewed 20130 times ]

NABBI Member

"Surprise Sex is the Best Thing to Wake up to, UNLESS, You are in Jail... "

Post subject: Re: Pulled Over by a Florida State Trooper Today..
 Post Posted: Thu 27 Jan 2011 16:14 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: 3 - 5 years
Ahhh Florida.............I lived in Sarasota for 5 years and went to school in Tampa. I have to say the officers I encountered in my years of living there were rediculous cocky jerks. I had a suped up camaro ss and I probably got pulled over for no reason at least once a week. In Florida your guilty until proven innocent. Know Im sure there are good cops there but I never met one!!
P.S nice ride :shock:

Serving Colorado for over 3 years.
It's What We Do !!

Post Posted: Thu 27 Jan 2011 16:25 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Thanks... didnt you know that State Troopers Can Walk on Water too ? ... I have driven up in my car around 30 cops all parked and they all look at me .. say hi and continue on with their business.. I have this car 1 1/2 years maybe ? and this is the 1st time ever stooped by a Trooper or any LEO for that matter.....

NABBI Member

Post Posted: Thu 27 Jan 2011 19:14 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1366
Experience: 7 - 10 years
I'd cut him some slack.. Been a bad week in Florida...

" Yeah, I see ya, you ding dong..."

Post Posted: Thu 27 Jan 2011 19:40 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

BondgirlCT wrote:
I'd cut him some slack.. Been a bad week in Florida...

Even more reason after seeing my RETIRED PO ID Card to just walk away and say have a nice day ...

but..no... 15 minutes later after he had to ask dispatch or someone else on his radio what the job description of a Surety Agent is , then he finally said have a nice / safe day... then he sent me on my way...

NABBI Member

Post Posted: Thu 27 Jan 2011 21:30 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
He was simply doing his job. We can say we are somebody all day long and show all kinds of ID . . . However they still have to check it . . . You of all people should know that being "Retired" LE. Holding that status does not place you or anyone else with that status, above the Law. Kudos to the Trooper for doing his job. Here some have gone to Jail for crossing the line.
Hopefully he will remain as vigilant as he was today . . . ALL kinds of ID's are available to those that wish to do wicked, for a price.

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Thu 27 Jan 2011 21:36 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

After reviewing your photos I am curious as to why you have a "bluebar" on your front plate.
That is a designation for LE . . .

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

Post Posted: Thu 27 Jan 2011 21:42 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

LuVonda wrote:
After reviewing your photos I am curious as to why you have a "bluebar" on your front plate.
That is a designation for LE . . .

The Symbol = BLUE THIN LINE is for For "Fallen" Officers.. (Active and Retired Officers often display this emblem..)

NABBI Member

Post Posted: Thu 27 Jan 2011 21:48 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

I know what it represents On Personal Vehicles . . .

The Thin Blue Line is a symbol that law enforcement officers in the United States use to identify other officers, their spouses and other family members.
Altho, I know your reason and appreciate it, it could cause someone to think that you are LE and that would not bode well for this Industry.
I can assure that if that were on a vehicle used for Recovery, here in Arkansas . . . You would be needing a Bondsman (I know a good one :mrgreen: ) as well as it being used as yet another teaching tool for CE Class. ;)

Post Posted: Thu 27 Jan 2011 22:16 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Good thing I dont live by you then... lol

as for Florida since I have lived here for 10 years I have yet to be harassed by any other LEO about that plate or my FOP "ACTIVE MEMBER" emblems on my Tags as I am a member still of the FOP..

I have only been pulled over maybe 6 times in 10 years (including today).. and every time have been given professional courtesy by the officer and was on my way each and every time thankfully..

also in FL .. the Dept of Motor Vehicles allows you to have your Tags and Driver License Information "Removed" from their data base for your personal safety, if you are former LE / or a Bail Bondsman, along with other various public figure positions....so when the Officer runs your tag on his computer, it automatically comes up Surety Agent / or Retired LEO / or Active LEO.. etc..

http://www.flhsmv.gov/html/Policies/0902.pdf

Florida DMV Form # HSMV 96020

as for the Crown Vic.. we will be registering with FL DMV as a Prisoner Transport Vehicle soon..

NABBI Member

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion