Has anyone here... • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Re: Has anyone here...
 Post Posted: Mon 17 Jan 2011 19:20 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: None
BRYAN X wrote:
..started to feel like you are just tired of bounty hunting? I used to love this part of my business, but now it just seems like more and more of a hassle and a bore. I still really dig general investigations, repos, PPO work and especially teaching. Bounty hunting? Meh

When I started, it was tough. I had no clue. Some members here gave great advice, others just critize. Having additional licenses, PI, Armed, PPS, SCOP, and working in a different industry for 17 years, I am able to get by. However, it is getting worse in VA. I am currently shopping for insurance for repo to add that as an additional income. I still enjoy the hunt, but now I make sure I have a contract.

I know one bondsman who does a ton of bails, and has his own hourly Bail Enforcement Agents. The reasoning behind this is simple. It's cheaper, why pay them 3K to 5K on each bond they bring in when he can pay them hourly as independent. If they don't produce, he gets rid of them. Of course my favorite is when we bring in a skip, the bail bondsman looks at us after the guy has been taken to intake and says "Oh, he was making monthly installments, so the payout is actually (always a lot less than what he tells you upfront), and then gets mad when you tell him to sign a contract or find someone else. LOL. Works both ways.

All I can say is hang in there.

VA DCJS #99-99238446

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion