Showing thier gun • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Post subject: Re: Showing thier gun
 Post Posted: Sun 10 Oct 2010 17:11 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: None
I didn’t realize that my profile wasn’t filled out correctly or completely. I apologize I’m new to forums and I didn’t mean any disrespect to any of the members.. My “true intentions” are simple and nothing more than just to get a feeling for what a Bounty Hunter is and how they operate. I had the opportunity to ride along with a couple of recovery agents and I was surprised on how aggressive and comfortable they were pulling their weapons. I only wanted to know what the law was in regards to showing their guns……. Just like originally asked…. I can assure you that I have no hidden agenda here. In fact I’m probably gonna step off the site… Thanks guys.. Good luck. Again No disrespect…

Post Posted: Mon 11 Oct 2010 00:57 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3077
Experience: 5 - 7 years
The people who previously replied to your post are highly respected in this business and I know at least one of them is a trainer and public speaker in this business.That being said I will add my 2 cents...
We have plenty of "cowboys" in this business that give us all a bad name and generally leave a bad taste in the publics mouth.I believe Scott said it best in his last reply,Anyone can purchase a license or certificate for just about anything.That certificate only really certifies someones ignorance to the laws,without proper training and certification through a authorized professional that person is not legally operating.Now different states have different laws that people can easily look up either through the search bar here or preferably thier states law directory.
As for kicking in doors and drawing weapons,I personally have only kicked in a door maybe 3 times in a 4 year time frame.Two of those times were in the presence of law enforcement and the other one i dont really consider it to be actually kicked in.Barely shoved with my shoulder and that was after visually watching the fugitive enter not 5 minutes before hand and notifying the bondsman along with law enforcement that i was entering the home.Not to mention the home was the primary residence on subjects warrant.I have also drawn my weapon 3 times as well on a subject,two of which were pointing weapons at me and one that would not show me his hands while standing behind cover shouting at my team threatining to kill us.There are certain times when that weapon is needed,It is not meant to be used to threaten or scare anyone.Long story short,I would suggest not "riding along" with any so called bounty hunters that operate the way you specified that they did.We are very cautious here on what questions we answer and to who we are supplying information to,that is one reason you got the type of welcome you did.If you do choose to hang around this site please do what others have suggested and introduce yourself properly and fill out the rest of your information.

Cell:(931)551-5020

Post Posted: Mon 11 Oct 2010 10:21 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Experience: More than 10 years
Hey Vez,

Don't leave yet. I want to know what state I can send off a couple hundred bucks to and get a "license" to bounty hunt.

You said you know for sure that it can be done, so please let all of us know where we can get "licensed" with no training or background check.

Post Posted: Mon 11 Oct 2010 11:20 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3173
Experience: < 3 years
All the answers you're looking for,can be found easily with Google too.

Ed H~ DE BEA #329
7th Street Apprehensions,New Castle,Delaware

If you're absent during my struggle,don't expect to be present during my success.
~Will Smith.

Post Posted: Mon 11 Oct 2010 12:37 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Never did I say that there wasn’t a background check… There is some sort or check but I really don’t think that it covers a lot. I was just very surprised on how little it takes to become a BH.. Why are you guys SO DAMN sensitive on this? cmon ….. It’s the truth for god sake’s. I’m really not tryin to take anything away from you guys.. It’s a crazy hard thankless job that is VERY necessary. You guys are some brave dudes. I’ll give ya that. I wouldn’t wanna do it…..Mad respect….

Post Posted: Mon 11 Oct 2010 13:02 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1999
Experience: 7 - 10 years
Vez, not sensitive, my friend. Cautious. It is people like you have mentioned that give us all a bad name....after all, no one remembers the guy that came in dressed professionally, with all the correct paperwork, able to answer every question, and never causes liability or negativity. They remember the ones that slap around kids, Tazer the grandma, walk around "Tacted out" 100% of the time, and can not put a coherant sentence together....And that is what we all become, in thier eyes. WE, here on FRN, are not those guys (and gals) and it is taken offensive when lumped in with them. Thats all. In closing, Vez and the rest of us need to realize "people don't know what they really don't know"

GAPB 20120726
NSIS ST0707
http://www.rocksolidrg.com
"The hero is not the man that acts without fear,
He is the man that acts inspite of fear"

Post Posted: Mon 11 Oct 2010 13:06 

vez wrote:
Never did I say that there wasn’t a background check… There is some sort or check but I really don’t think that it covers a lot. I was just very surprised on how little it takes to become a BH.. Why are you guys SO DAMN sensitive on this? cmon ….. It’s the truth for god sake’s. I’m really not tryin to take anything away from you guys.. It’s a crazy hard thankless job that is VERY necessary. You guys are some brave dudes. I’ll give ya that. I wouldn’t wanna do it…..Mad respect….

That's not the point....You came into our house making general statements that obviously have no prior knowledge behind them.

Post Posted: Mon 11 Oct 2010 17:57 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Experience: More than 10 years
One last comment...In High School, If I were to get lucky with a Cheerleader, would that make all Cheerleaders whores? Simply put, you had a very poor first impression and believe that your first experience is representative of the rank and file that pursue this craft. There are many analogies that would drive home the same point. We are sensitive because people that act as the ones you experienced could cost all of us our livelihoods. It only takes one holster sniffer to do something so heinous as to attract the attention of a politician who will rail against the entire industry, thereby putting us out of business. You should endeavor to seek a ride along with people that do it correctly and I am sure that you would not only have a different opinion, but might take up this craft. The fact that you saw their behavior as wrong would indicate to me that you would do it properly, if so trained. Stick around awhile and read. We have many members here that come from all walks of life, whose motivations range from legal interest to pure curiosity and even authors seeking material for their next project.

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Mon 11 Oct 2010 18:55 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Mdbtyht (Scott) Thanks for the reply. You sound like a good guy that has his head together. I’m sure that you’re company is very reputable. You’re probably right ,I will give it another chance (ride along) and see if anything changes. I may have caught them on a bad night or possibly a bad neighborhood. Ha ha I’m actually afraid to ask any more questions here.. Thanks again.

Post Posted: Mon 11 Oct 2010 20:09 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3671
Experience: 3 - 5 years
Vez ....PM me if you would.

Ca. Bail Agent Lic#1845795
Owner/Operator, Thomas Duprey Bail Bonds
Owner/Operator, Orange County Bounty
(714) 727-4689

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion