Propose Legislation in Delaware • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Propose Legislation in Delaware
 Post Posted: Thu 19 Aug 2010 14:02 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1996
Experience: 7 - 10 years
Senate Bill No. 246 would create a Delaware Board of Examiners of Bail Enforcement Agents empowered to enforce standards upon bail enforcement agents. This 9 member board will supplant the primary responsibility of the Secretary of the Department of Safety and Homeland Security regarding licensure and disciplinary regulatory authority. Regulations proposed by the Board would still be subject to the approval of the Secretary. The Bill also requires that licensees operating a bail enforcement company obtain insurance and file proof of insurance with the Board.

In a conversation I had with Lorin Jones, VP of Delaware Bail Enforcement Association, He informed me that in addition to the above proposed legislation De Detective Licensing is also trying to include a clause that requires BEA's to obtain a letter of good standing from a Delaware bail bonds company prior to applying for a license. The only section I disagree with is the letter of good standing. This will make it extremely difficult for those that do not work with or for Delaware based bail bonds companies to obtain a license. It is great for guys like me who already carry insurance and work for companies in Delaware but will greatly hurt everyone else who would like to get started or operate a company in an adjoining state that would like to keep their recovery work in house instead of hiring a local.

AE Bail Bonds
Aequitas Services LLC.
"Your Bail Recovery Solution"
1-888-610-AEBB
Pa: 610-624-1706
De: 302-476-2301
Fax:1-866-633-2321
De. BEA Badge#093
Pa. Bail Bondsman
License#: 588438

Post subject: Re: Propose Legislation in Delaware
 Post Posted: Thu 19 Aug 2010 15:51 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3341
Experience: < 1 year
Indeed, not sure how it is in Delaware, but my Instructor here in Colorado is an actually Bondsman with her own company...I would see the letter as a formality but nothing that would slow me down or stop me.

Most police supply stores in Colorado won't sell body armor or other restricted items unless you have a letter from a bonding company showing employment/ good standing.

State of Colorado
    (920) 574-1991

De Scelestus Vindico

(Latin: "Punish the Wicked")

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion