Here One From bakersfield • PUBLIC SECTION • Media Coverage • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Here One From bakersfield
 Post Posted: Wed 07 Apr 2010 19:26 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Experience: More than 10 years
If you haven't seen this one yet, it is more questionable in my opinion, than a straight screwup as it has been portrayed in the local media.

http://www.copblock.org/kern-county-ca- ... mans-home/

Post subject: Re: Here One From bakersfield
 Post Posted: Wed 07 Apr 2010 23:43 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3077
Experience: 5 - 7 years
My question on this one is was the fugitive they were looking for on the lease to this property or was this address listed on the original bond? also was this the address on the bench warrant? or was this a 3rd party residence? please correct me if im wrong but if this was a 3rd party residence than this was an illegal search unless of course they visibly seen the fugitive enter the home just before they entered.They did enter through the back door without her knowledge before she allowed the deputy at the front door in,so to me that techically is a illegal entry.
I know in my neck of the woods in most cases the LEO will not enter that home,They may come and knock on the door for you but thats just about the extent of what they will do.I worked on a case were we visibly seen our fugitive enter a residence(he was on the lease but not address of warrant)after knocking politely on the door the wife answered the door and said he wasnt there and closed the door.After knocking a for about 15 or 20 more minutes we called LEO to give us a hand.The Leo's that arrived quickly pointed out that the best they could do is just knock on the door and see if she would allow them to search.Woman never answered the door again so the LEO stated to do what we had to do and they stepped back and watched(after getting the go ahead from the bondsman) us break the back glass of the apartment and enter the home to search.They stayed outside the entire time untill we brought our fugitive out in cuffs.
Maybe it is different there so like i said please correct me if i am wrong.Either way i believe your statement is right,the incident is more questionable than a straight up screw up.Better judgement should have been used though.

Cell:(931)551-5020

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Media Coverage