Badges... • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Badges...
 Post Posted: Sun 28 Mar 2010 13:37 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: None
It might be a stupid question but, I was wondering if any of you carry your bounty hunting badges when you are not working, on your day off?

Or if you have a CCW permit, do any of you carry your bounty hunting badges for any reason??

The reason I ask is because I have heard of people carrying the badge on their belt when not working so if LE or anyone else see your gun they wont freak out.

Post subject: Re: Badges...
 Post Posted: Sun 28 Mar 2010 14:18 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Experience: More than 10 years
Jay please use the "search" feature here

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Sun 28 Mar 2010 14:33 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

Well I searched and there wasnt any laws saying I cant, but, I did see where some people dont agree because it would make me look like a cop, which im not. Well if there is anything im missing then let me know.
Thanks

Post Posted: Sun 28 Mar 2010 14:48 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
In most states that have lenient ccw laws, I would think that the LEs and most people would understand that law abiding citizens can carry concealed.

So whats the need to have a badge?

But more importantly, concealed means concealed! Carry properly and no one will know.

Post Posted: Sun 28 Mar 2010 15:00 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

tsuggs is correct
Quote:
But more importantly, concealed means concealed! Carry properly and no one will know

My previous employer had a policy of no guns...but since I had my cc, I always carried and in 17 years, no one ever knew. Now, if you are asking can you carry open with your BEA badge at a restaurant or coffee shop, I suppose in theory (If you had all the proper paper work, contract, warrant, etc) but I certanly wouldn't. Here's my logic as to why.

If a robber or suicidal gunman comes in with bad intentions, who is his first target? The unharmed civilian or the guy sitting at the counter drinking coffee with a badge and a gun showing? Read the forums, part of this is the element of surprise.

VA DCJS #99-99238446

Post Posted: Sun 28 Mar 2010 15:04 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

Well my state doesnt have to be concealed. Its HCP not CCW. I do it anyway so I have the upper hand if something goes down. I dont really have a concealable gun. Its on my hip and I pull my shirt over to cover it up. From where I read on other forums, ppl would carry a badge so other people wont look at them like they are about to shoot up the place. They would see a badge and wont have to worry, just incase the shirt comes up over the gun. Plus my state doesnt say anything about bounty hunters not have badges when working.

But I see what you guys are saying. Im not one that would want to carry a badge but I wanted to see if there are reasons why I should or shouldnt. Thanks to all that answered

Post Posted: Sun 28 Mar 2010 15:31 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
we are NOT . . . LE.
To display a Badge in the manner that you are suggesting would cause a "reasonable man" to assume that we are. WHICH would in turn lead to yet another black eye on the Industry as a whole, should an unfortunate incident occur. I do believe that most States have Laws against "Impersonating a Police Officer". We do not display or carry badges here for that reason.

Quote:
My previous employer had a policy of no guns...but since I had my cc, I always carried and in 17 years, no one ever knew. rab2344

Thanks for this little tidbit fella ;-)

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Sun 28 Mar 2010 15:47 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3077
Experience: 5 - 7 years
I am one that carries a badge only when working.I would not want every person i come across to think i was or wanted to be LE or was trying to give the impression that i was.Only my opinon though.
Tennessee is a open carry or concealed so i find no need to carry anything besides my permit while im wearing my firearm.In most cases i carry concealed not only to keep the stares to a minimum but also as to not allow someone to target myself or the people around me during a criminal act.I have been known to carry openly though when i take the time to be fashionable!!

Cell:(931)551-5020

Post Posted: Sun 28 Mar 2010 15:51 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1366
Experience: 7 - 10 years
By doing this, you are opening yourself up for trouble...

Quote:
From where I read on other forums, ppl would carry a badge so other people wont look at them like they are about to shoot up the place. They would see a badge and wont have to worry, just incase the shirt comes up over the gun

Having a badge don't mean squat here..unless you are working and dressed properly are you allowed open carry...Here, volunteer firefighters and EMT's have badges...that doesn't give them the right to carry a gun..badge or no badge, try that here and you go to jail...

I have my permit and carry concealed...end of story....

" Yeah, I see ya, you ding dong..."

Post Posted: Sun 28 Mar 2010 15:52 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Quote:
Thanks for this little tidbit fella

If you knew some of my previous employees - you would understand tsuggs comment "concealed means concealed" :lol:

VA DCJS #99-99238446

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion