fugitive recovery schools in Tennessee • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: fugitive recovery schools in Tennessee
 Post Posted: Thu 25 Feb 2010 20:13 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: None
I have been trying to find some schools in Tn that would satisfy the Tn state law 40-11-404. I have found one in Nashville called "TACTICAL PROFESSIONALS, INC". Has anyone heard of them? I know of one more called "TAPBA". I am open to suggestions if there are any more. I had another agent said he knew of another one but couldn't recall the name. Google didn't bring anything else up.

Post subject: Re: fugitive recovery schools in Tennessee
 Post Posted: Thu 25 Feb 2010 20:57 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3077
Experience: 5 - 7 years
i went through Tactical Professionals,inc. it is owned and operated by a mr. J.C. Shegog,he was an excellent trainer and has alot of credentials behind him.Tactical Professionals,inc. offers continued training as well. the website is tacticalprofessionals.com. I personally like the school as well as the trainer and tapba just seems to be trying to have the monopoly on the training aspect.Just my opinion though,hope i was informative and good luck.

Cell:(931)551-5020

Post Posted: Fri 26 Feb 2010 11:01 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2567
Experience: 7 - 10 years
In order to satisfy 40-11 you must get your continuing education through a TAPBA approved class. To my knowledge there has only ever been 1 class that was not taught by TAPBA, that was approved. It was a one time deal a couple of years ago put on by Joe Stiles. Contact TAPBA at 931-739-3339 or 615-206-0705. Be very careful of anyone who says they can certify you. As far as training I have not attend nor do I know anyone who has went to the school that you referred to. Also google TAPBA and you should find all you need

Jacksboro, Tn 37757
(865)223-2049
Tn P.I Lic # 6495 / 1609
T.C.A.40-11-301 Compliance Card
Member NAIS,NLLI,TPIA,USAPI,TACDL

Post Posted: Fri 26 Feb 2010 13:51 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: None
Thanks for all the information. I went back and checked out "Tactical Professionals, LLC" It states that his training will satisfy the TN code 40-11-401. I will continue to do more research. I have some time, the next class with TAPBA is May 21,2010 in Pigeon Forge, TN.

Post Posted: Fri 26 Feb 2010 19:45 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Tactical Professionals does meet the states qualifications and they are registered with the department of commerce and insurance.I know this only because i checked the same day i took my info to them for my armed security officer license renewal.Im not saying one school is better than the other only stating my experience.TAPBA has the bonding agents training on lock down i believe but not bail enforcement training.

Post Posted: Wed 24 Mar 2010 16:42 

Contrary to Mr. Crawford's statement Tactical Professionals does meet and exceeds the State of Tennessee qualifications for providing training certifications to Bail Enforcement Agents (as well as Security Officers, Private Investigators, Law Enforcement, and U.S. Military). Tactical Professionals has been qualified and certified in Tennessee in providing training certifications for the past 4 years. Its a shame that a person would make a sweeping false statement without proper investigation (I hope he doesn't take the same approach in locating fugitives).

Post Posted: Thu 25 Mar 2010 00:20 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

J.C.,
i think you read my statement wrong,I was recently certified through you and in my last post i DID say your class met all requirements.In fact i was more or less bragging about your school.
I apoligise COMPLETELY if i painted a negative light in anyway towards your training school,as i said i think you misinterpreted my post.I have actually put it in my introduction that i was going to go back to your course for what you told me at the time was level 2.I have recommended your course to numerous people.

Post Posted: Thu 25 Mar 2010 05:17 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Experience: More than 10 years
I believe that Mr. Shegog owes somebody an apology. The individual that he attacked is the one that brought his name up and stated rather clearly that he already attended one class there and is going back for another. Reading comprehension being a prerequisite to a successful investigation, I believe a detraction is in order, as I am sure that the comments were due to oversight.

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Thu 25 Mar 2010 12:13 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2567
Experience: 7 - 10 years
Mr. Shegog

The statement you are referring to should be my statement, in which I stand corrected by Mr. Crawford. You do in fact hold the licenses to be able to train and certify FRA in Tennessee. You are not able to license bondsman that is where I made my mistake. I apologize for that. Mr.Crawford gave your school an outstanding review and spoke highly of you. So the one your mad at is me, just for the record.

After reviewing TCA 40-11-401, 404, 318 I do not understand how you can issue certifications to individuals that are to be recognized by the governing body. What did I miss? If I am wrong I am more than happy to admit it (see above). I do not doubt your word or that of Mr. Crawford I just want to know what TCA code I misread or failed to understand.

Jacksboro, Tn 37757
(865)223-2049
Tn P.I Lic # 6495 / 1609
T.C.A.40-11-301 Compliance Card
Member NAIS,NLLI,TPIA,USAPI,TACDL

Last edited by Curtis on Fri 26 Mar 2010 10:49, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu 25 Mar 2010 14:37 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Experience: More than 10 years
Mdbtyhtr wrote:
I believe that Mr. Shegog owes somebody an apology. The individual that he attacked is the one that brought his name up and stated rather clearly that he already attended one class there and is going back for another. Reading comprehension being a prerequisite to a successful investigation, I believe a detraction is in order, as I am sure that the comments were due to oversight.

Scott

Yep! maybe he was speed reading . . . . not always a good thing ;-)

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion