Sickening Press • PUBLIC SECTION • Media Coverage • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Re: Sickening Press
 Post Posted: Tue 10 Nov 2009 20:29 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1945
Experience: 5 - 7 years
One thing I always keep in mind is this. Wait a minute. There's a thousand things going through my mind when deciding to make entry. Number one. Before I even approach a door to knock I do my homework to verify the validity of the address. Then I sit on the location for however long it takes to try to PERSONALLY ID the skip at or in the target location. We then cover all angles of escape from the location. Then I knock on the front door. Only twice have I "kicked in" or "breached" a doorway. Both times I had personally seen the skip with my own eyes. I give them every opportunity in the world to open the door peacefully. I repeatedly announced myself and that I was a BEA. I repeatedly yelled out that they could open the door or entry would be made. Finally, the door was breached. But even then, I am not too proud to say I was scared Sh&^less. It is only natural. You give them every opportunity to open the door to the point that it takes up time. The time you give them could be time they spend loading an arsenal. Breaching a door can and will get you KILLED. I hate it more than anything.
Then you have got to take into consideration who else is inside. Are there children, spouses, ect. You never want to endanger another person in the process. Then you have those idiots in the world who may even pick up a small child for a shield. Yes they do that. Another factor is the question of wether or not the bond amount is even worth the danger you put yourself, your crew, the skip's family or friends, and even the skip in.
I would highly recommend waiting it out. They gotta leave sometime. Make them think you left. Watch the location and when they leave pick them up at the convenience store picking up more beer or smokes.
I read something once I think was on FRN (probably from Bill) that said it best about bail recovery. " Everything the skip does everyday has to be right everytime. We only have to be right once and they are caught." Be safe and when you have to " Live to fight another day". As a BEA some seem to ignore liability because of the freedom we have ( I did say freedom and not authority ) in performing our duties. We need to focus every step we take on the liability we incure by taking on this job. Not to mention the fact that every screw up we make sets us one step back on the respect we need more than ever from LE and other governing agencies. ( Am I rambling or did I make sense? )

(678) 759-0530
Bail Enforcement / Recovery
Specialized Repossessions
"NSF" Bad Check Recovery
Extraditions

Post Posted: Wed 11 Nov 2009 17:42 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Experience: More than 10 years
global wrote:
I would highly recommend waiting it out. They gotta leave sometime. Watch the location and when they leave pick them up at the convenience store picking up more beer or smokes.

Jim, That is excellent advice... they all smoke, drink or want a soda... sooner or later... or just want to get out of the house... they will leave, sooner or later. (of course.... if they are in the house you are watching... 8) 8) )

Quote:
I read something once I think was on FRN (probably from Bill)

Nope, I read it too but I cannot take credit for that.... besides, it is to good a line for me to have said... :shock:

Quote:
" Everything the skip does everyday has to be right every time. We only have to be right once and they are caught." ......We need to focus every step we take on the liability we incur by taking on this job. Not to mention the fact that every screw up we make sets us one step back on the respect we need more than ever from LE and other governing agencies. ( Am I rambling or did I make sense? )

No, you are not rambling......... I'm the rambler, you are telling it like it is and yes it makes sense....

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Wed 11 Nov 2009 18:10 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
I have never forced entry.... I have however, used this tactic.... Go to the door, knock in a normal manner.... announce yourself as "Insurance Agent (which I happen to be) delivering a check for.... 'defendants name'...".... if no one answers.... and you have an idea the perp is in the house.... just say to your partner (always have a backup)... "Well, I guess we'll have to send this check back to the home office..."... say it loud enough that you could hear it upstairs or on the back porch..... I will almost guarantee that someone will open the door........... have a piece of paper... in one hand... and cuffs in the other....

... please do not laugh... I have made pickups in this manner several times... others I have found out info that we did not have that led to the recovery.... now, as always mentioned... I am not a recovery agent but I do go after my own skips... which are very few... but I have only lost one in 11 years.... and he is in Mexico... (but he did not get the check...) :mrgreen: and the indemnitor did pay the forfeiture.....

... this is called 'alternative conceptions of creating recovery technics' or how to bull sh-t a bull sh-ter... I am too damn old and fat to be kickin' down doors or chasing a 20 year old down an alley... and I won't shoot someone unless I figure they are gonna hurt me and are less than 6 ft. in front of me.... so I devise alternative methods of capture.... building a better mouse trap if you will... and so far they have worked.

One other one is to go to the door with an empty pizza box "Pizza delivery for the defendant"... put the cuffs inside of the box and take a very large mean man with you as a backup....

Another is to take a very good looking young lady to the door with you and have her call the defendants name... this works better if he is married or if he has a girlfriend inside with him... I will guarantee the door will be opened... he may actually be flying through the window also..... if the defendant is a woman, just have the young lady say........ "Avon calling"... or "It's the Tupperware lady"

Use your head not your muscle.... anybody can kick a door down... I like to get them to open it out of curiosity.... and believe me... they often will do exactly that.... and as for announcing yourself as a bondsman... you can do that after the door is opened or if they say....... "Oh, sh-t... your the bondsman" and you can say.......... "That too"...

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Wed 11 Nov 2009 20:56 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 1 year
Excellent advice from all. We were taught at the NW Bail Academy to use our brains and not our boot. Their belief was that if your kicking a door you have done something wrong. The instructor had over 700 arrests with one planned forced entry. This turned into a stand off with a 2 year old held hostage. He highly recommended not forcing entry. We were also taught to get permission to enter by pretext. I am not sure an entry by permission is less dangerous than forced entry. From a tactical perspective neither way is safe or a good time.

Post Posted: Fri 13 Nov 2009 05:40 

As I said before, forced entry is not good. If you do your homework and use your noggin to try and outfox your prey, rather than use it as a battering ram for doors, you can come up with many more solutions. Simply sitting, waiting and watching, one the things I hate worse than anything, is one of the best.

One other thing to remember, if you think you must enter. Or even if you see the mark, most of these places are rented. If you did your homework, you will have the landlords name and phone number. Most of the time they dont want that door knocked down. Ive had many show up with a set of keys and let me in. Some even make me stay out and go in themselves, made as all hell, to get the deadbeat out of there.

Just a thought.

Post Posted: Fri 13 Nov 2009 10:26 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Quote:
"Oh, sh-t... your the bondsman"

YEP

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Media Coverage