Hello there everyone! • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Re: Hello there everyone!
 Post Posted: Tue 29 Sep 2009 12:47 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Experience: More than 10 years
Adrenaline?

Yea that was fun years ago. Now like Dave, I rather sit on my little butt in the warm office sipping a cool drink and counting my money on the bank website!

The very few skips we get, it's time to send the younger, smarter and safer recovery guys out to get them.

If I need a "rush" I stop on the way home and pickup a good bottle of wine, watch a chick flick with the Boss, kick the dogs off the bed and well, you can guess the rest! :wink:

Post Posted: Wed 30 Sep 2009 03:31 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: None
I actually have a theory on becoming lazy. At some point in life when you are accumulating money, usually after retirement, or just somehow you win some sort of natural lottery, or money comes easily, you get lazy. On top of being lazy, when people retire, your at an older age, usually about 40 years of age or older. You stop working, or become less active, you think to yourself, "I was successful in life, what else is there to accomplish?". Usually at this time, is when the old weakened body becomes less immune to sickness, heart disease, and overall body/health problems. I think if you stay active your whole life, even when your tired, or just don't want to, you could easily double your lifespan. Eating healthy? I believe its a myth. Burn the fat and calories you eat daily, you don't have to even think twice about what you eat, unless you have diabetes ;). Even so, you can live beyond 100 years of age. With all of this being said, what's the point in life anyways? Why live for 100 years, just to exist longer? In my mind, love is the only thing to live for, as it is the only real emotion in my mind that exists. Fear, hate, sadness, happiness, all progress through one emotion; Love.

My apologies as this was off topic,
Strmac

Post Posted: Wed 30 Sep 2009 05:53 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
DMARTZ wrote:
I don't have any stories as i just sit at the office and count my money :shock: :shock: :shock:

That is without a doubt, the best story I have seen.................. :wink:

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Wed 30 Sep 2009 05:56 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Strmac wrote:
I actually have a theory on becoming lazy. At some point in life when you are accumulating money, usually after retirement, or just somehow you win some sort of natural lottery, or money comes easily, you get lazy. On top of being lazy, when people retire, your at an older age, usually about 40 years of age or older. You stop working, or become less active, you think to yourself, "I was successful in life, what else is there to accomplish?". Usually at this time, is when the old weakened body becomes less immune to sickness, heart disease, and overall body/health problems. I think if you stay active your whole life, even when your tired, or just don't want to, you could easily double your lifespan. Eating healthy? I believe its a myth. Burn the fat and calories you eat daily, you don't have to even think twice about what you eat, unless you have diabetes ;). Even so, you can live beyond 100 years of age. With all of this being said, what's the point in life anyways? Why live for 100 years, just to exist longer? In my mind, love is the only thing to live for, as it is the only real emotion in my mind that exists. Fear, hate, sadness, happiness, all progress through one emotion; Love.My apologies as this was off topic,Strmac

Strmac.............. as someone once told me................. put down the bong. :shock:

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Wed 30 Sep 2009 07:04 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Individuals that are successfully self employed did not achieve what they have because they were lazy or had no drive. They are also not the type to retire at 40, which to you appears to be old? Most entrepreneurs will build a business, sell it, take a breather and then start another one, they don't retire, as building businesses is what intrigues and drives them. Further, money doesn't accumulate after retirement as it is acquired during your earning years and then put to work for you, if all goes according to plan. Money does not come easily, it is a result of enormous effort, failures, timing, proper associates, and luck.

Ah to be young again!

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Wed 30 Sep 2009 08:19 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 324
Experience: 5 - 7 years
Shoot, I apprehend people by myself all the time. I pick up the phone and tell them to get their attorney to file a motion to reinstate the bond, or they need to bring their buttss into my office so I can rebond them. This works about 99.9 percent of the time. Their alternative is that I send the big boys after them and blackball them with other bondsmen 8) . They don't like that choice too much because they know that I can and will do it!

Sales Associate, Prepaid Legal Services, Inc.
Walsenburg, CO

Proud Member of the AB Reject Club

Post Posted: Wed 30 Sep 2009 12:36 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1945
Note to self................ " Never meet Kathy at her office to re-bond (?) myself"............RUN LIKE H*&%!!!!!!!

Hey Kathy !!!

(678) 759-0530
Bail Enforcement / Recovery
Specialized Repossessions
"NSF" Bad Check Recovery
Extraditions

Post Posted: Thu 01 Oct 2009 19:17 
in memoriam

He-he, it's all in the reputation. I don't lie, and they know it. I used to get raised eyebrows from the court clerks when I took over motions from my clients with my Consent form to have the bonds reinstated. The Public Defenders used to argue with my clients about filing the motions for them. Both seemed to think that the only way to cure a forfeiture was for the defendant to go back to jail. That is understandable since that's how most bondsmen around here operate. They get the notice, call the defendant and pretext them, then have them arrested. Then they charge them more to bond out because they are now a "flight risk."

About 99% of my Consents are accepted, and if they are not, 99.9% of those clients come in and rebond. It's that very small percent that give me trouble, and they find out the hard way that when I told them I would come after them, I still didn't lie. What really sucks for them is that they can't even bad-mouth me in jail, because their cellies will take up for me.

You see, they know it's a money thing. I make it clear that I will work with them to keep them out of jail, but I won't pay their bond. When payday comes, they WILL be there for me, just as I was there for them. It is amazing how well my telling it like it is works better for me than lying works for others. When I first started writing bail I was told by another bondsman that I would lose bonds by telling people that if they ran I would find them. My response was that if that scared them off then it wasn't a bond I wanted to write. It has worked for me for 5 years, and why I have so few skips, and why when I tell the court that I trust the person enough to have my bond reinstated, it usually is. It IS the reputation!

Walsenburg, CO

Post Posted: Thu 01 Oct 2009 19:56 
in memoriam

global wrote:
Note to self................ " Never meet Kathy at her office to re-bond (?) myself"............RUN LIKE H*&%!!!!!!!

Hey Kathy !!!

Okay, I have a couple of funny stories.

I had one client out of another state that I bonded with only partial premium. Drugs, but a minor felony. He never finished paying the premium, and of course missed court. He was a ghost, with every piece of information that he gave me a lie. I went looking for him a time or two when I was looking in the same area for others, and usually got a call right back. I finally got him to do a motion to reinstate his bond, and took it to the court with my consent. They judge left it sitting with no response until time when I had to pay. I bought the guy a bus ticket, and he showed up. I turned him in at the jail, and when he went to court, the judge reinstated the bond. I could have probably fought it since Consents are only good for 24 hours, and this one had been sitting in the file for a couple of months, but I let it ride.

As expected, he missed court again. This time he still checked in now and then, but wouldn't show up. Time came to pay, and no defendant. I had been looking for him several times, knew where he was, but couldn't lay eyes on him. In the meantime, I had talked to every LEA in his area, and all were looking for him. I wasn't willing (and didn't have $10K) to pay, so went "On the Board" and couldn't write bonds for 3 weeks. I was looking at my final "drop-dead" date when I got a middle of the night call from his mom that he had been arrested and was being held on my warrant. I requested and got permission to transport him myself. I chewed his butt for the whole 3 hour trip. He seemed quite surprised at his arrest, and told me that it appeared that they were looking for him. Apparently after my last trip, they were seriously watching for him and caught him driving down the street. The officer saw him in passing, turned around, and hooked him up. I told him that they were looking for him because I made them aware that he had an active extraditable warrant. Yep, that was sweet!!

The other wasn't my bond, but a client that I had had on bond previously. The other bondsman called me to see what I knew about her. In doing some research, I found that here on-again off-again boyfriend (that I had also bonded and still owes me money) had run off from the halfway house about the same time she missed court. Neither of their families would give up any info, so the other bondsman sent her guys to my area to do some door-knocks. I had them pick me up because I knew more hard to find places to look. I spent the day with them watching various places and people until they decided to being visable. They knocked on the doors, questioned the people, and all I did was stand outside watching other exits. Ironically, as soon as they left every location, the defendant got a call saying that "I" was looking for her. She called the bondsman 2 days later and made arrangements to turn herself in. Her exact words were that "I was looking for her, and she knew I would find her, so she wanted to come in before it got bad." She was right, because we had already found that she was hiding at a relative's, the same place her boyfriend was apprehended not long before. Hers were misdemeanor charges, so she wouldn't have been taken in (out of state) even if she hadn't lied and given a false name. She just saved us a trip, and the bondsman a little money. And no, she didn't get bonded back out, because she had skipped on a bunch of PR bonds as well, so by the time she got to jail, she had 7 warrants, and nobody would pay or sign for her. And yes, she was very pissed at me, even though all I had done was ride along with the agents assigned to the case. I wasn't even there for her apprehension, but I got the blame. Again, it's the reputation. The others weren't know, but I was. They did the work, they got paid and I didn't, but that's okay. I got the glory, andfurther kudos to my reputation, which only benefits me for future work, and even less skips on my bonds.

Reputation IS everything!!

Walsenburg, CO

Post Posted: Fri 02 Oct 2009 05:40 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2702
I never go out on a case solo because I want to know that there is at least someone watching my back, what seems to be “little” offences sometimes turn bad really quick. I went to Texas to pick up a guy who was running out on a grand larceny charge. Lets just say that the guy almost put the cuffs on him self! I never once had a suspect be so cooperative in my life. And the local police were very very helpful (my hats off to Texas!) He was looking at possibly 5 years! Then I had another case were the guy was running like he committed murder, and all he was wanted on was driving on a suspended license, a small bond but was the biggest pain in the a$$ I had ever had to track down. So what seems to be “not a big deal” can turn into a big deal rather quickly. Just make sure you take time to think out every detail in your plan and make sure you know everything about your target, you might not always get a full criminal history from the bond agent.

Good luck and happy hunting! :D

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion