9's, .40's and .45's ..Oh My • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post subject: Re: 9's, .40's and .45's ..Oh My
 Post Posted: Fri 01 May 2009 11:22 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Experience: More than 10 years
Mdbtyhtr wrote:
I learned that I can't spell pierogi

Don't worry about it Scott, when I first heard the word... and your probably not gonna believe this... but I did real good in astronomy class and I thought Pierogi was the closest distance that a planet or any object in the solar system, came to the earth... (actually that is Perigee) :shock: :shock: ... and you'll thought I was just an illiterate trucker... aahhhh.... (truthfully, I am just an illiterate trucker/bondsman, but I read a lot)

... and while your at it... it can also be spelled these ways: perogi, perogy, pirohi, piroghi, pirogi, pirogen, pierogy, pirohy, pyrohy... so be sure and put all those in your dictionary...

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Fri 01 May 2009 18:54 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
I usually also carry a football, basketball and soccer ball. That way I can tell the cops its all my kids stuff.

They never bother me about the shotgun and 9mm.

Go figure! :wink:

Post Posted: Fri 01 May 2009 21:03 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: 3 - 5 years
Sorry everyone for changing the topic of discussion,but I have an important announcement to make, the NRA is having a 1yr free memership sign up. This was just emailed to me today, and my husband and I are joining. If we all value are 2nd Amendment rights, lets join!

https://www.nrahq.org/nrabonus/accept-membership.asp

Post Posted: Sat 02 May 2009 07:48 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 5
That's Wayne Lapierre's BS. He's been riding the anti-Obama Hysteria in hopes of attracting new and past members. There are other far more professional gun-right groups that are respected by Congress.

You and others may be too young to remember the issue in the 80's when President Reagan renounced his NRA membership, on national televison, with rows upon rows of cops standing behind him, because of the "Jack booted Gestapo" letter Wayne Lapierre sent out in NRA publications attacking police officers. The NRA membership went from having decent, respectable, middle class members to having skin heads, KKK, and other survialist idiots join thier rank and file.

It caused such a mess that WL had to step down as spokesman, and they had to hire Charlton Heston in an attempt to clean thier image up.

Post Posted: Sun 03 May 2009 19:08 
in memoriam

I have been a life member of the NRA for over 25 years. I belong to a local gun club and spend much time and effort supporting local and state wide NRA functions, auctions and events... I will say however, that as pro gun/hunting, etc., etc..... that I may be.... I sometimes think the NRA leadership goes a bit overboard on some of their lines... that is not to say that I do not support them to the fullest... just that I think they might sometimes tone it down a bit or let's just say... change their tact somewhat.... or approach certain subjects from a different direction... just my opinion.

Well noted...
Quote:
There are other far more professional gun-right groups that are respected by Congress.

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Sun 03 May 2009 19:35 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: 3 - 5 years
Thanks guy's for your imput, I really appreciate it.

Post Posted: Sun 03 May 2009 22:46 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1945
Experience: 5 - 7 years
I am a lifetime member of the R.G.P. association. Redneck Gun Packers of Georgia. Ye Haw. Let's have a Hoe Down ! Ooops. Somebody help me pick my wife up off the floor. Happens every time!!!!!!!!!!!! Ya'll be safe and tell your kids you love them. And if you take your wives with you everywhere ya go, you won't have to kiss 'em goodbye all the time. Whewww. It's late and I'm goin' to bed now. Good night everybody.

(678) 759-0530
Bail Enforcement / Recovery
Specialized Repossessions
"NSF" Bad Check Recovery
Extraditions

Post Posted: Mon 04 May 2009 07:34 
in memoriam

global wrote:
I am a lifetime member of the R.G.P. association. Redneck Gun Packers of Georgia. Ye Haw. Let's have a Hoe Down ! Ooops. Somebody help me pick my wife up off the floor. Happens every time!!!!!!!!!!!! Ya'll be safe and tell your kids you love them. And if you take your wives with you everywhere ya go, you won't have to kiss 'em goodbye all the time. Whewww. It's late and I'm goin' to bed now. Good night everybody.

Global... as I have been told many times.... "put down the pipe..." :lol:

... that gal in CT told me that last year and I thought it was a great comeback when we sometimes seem a bit... shall we say... strange...

Post Posted: Tue 05 May 2009 00:40 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 324
Experience: 5 - 7 years
I feel that people need to be active in any organization that they feel comfortable in that mostly agrees with and supports their personal beliefs and future interests as long as those beliefs and interests are based on reality and not some hype that the person has bought into. For example, I used to never have a real interest in guns, although I grew up with them, so I always supported a person's right to hunt and protect themselves. They had their use, but I was also somewhat afraid of them because I had been threatened with them by an abusive spouse.

In the last few years, I have evolved into a different career, and mindset. I now understand their use and am comfortable with having one in my possession at all times. The change of mindset wasn't from any hype from others. As I grew and evolved, I further understood the need to protect myself, and accepted that I could do so if I had to.

With this change in life I am more interested in guns, and in researching the weapons that I am interested in, and in joining groups that share my interests and beliefs. Those that I choose to align with are based on my personal research, not that of somebody else that is relying on something that happened 20 or so years ago. People change, and so do organizations. I am not the person I was 20+ years ago. I'm not even the person I was 10 years ago.

My suggestion is to let the past go, and move forward as the person we are today. That includes our beliefs, goals, and associations. We can maintain our basic stadards, but accept that others have the same that may or may not agree with ours. We have to set limits, but we also have to be accepting. We don't all work the same, and that is okay. As long as we work legally we can work together.

Sales Associate, Prepaid Legal Services, Inc.
Walsenburg, CO

Proud Member of the AB Reject Club

Post Posted: Tue 05 May 2009 06:35 
in memoriam

Kathy always has great advise and insight... one other point, IMHO... (I always say that just so ya know it's me talking and not another s opinion)

Your ideas certainly change over time... hell, I'm not the same person I was yesterday!!!! but change can also happen within an organization you are member's with... and you must decided whether you will remain aligned with their ideas or not... for example... the ACLU started out as an organization protecting citizens rights and that sounds really great on the surface but look at the way their agenda has changed and the leadership has evolved... they are now involved in activities I personally can not remotely support... again that is my opinion...

so... what I am saying is that while you change over time through input from your environment and surroundings... so do the people and groups around you and in that change we all have to make decisions on whether we will remain inside or get out... this involves every aspect of life... your core beliefs, your friends, your business associations and your basic ideas on every aspect of life. You make decisions minute by minute and changes take place the same way...

Life is a juggling act... sometimes there are too many balls and you drop one or two and then sometimes you pick up others and you can handle them all at once... some people get better over time... others go to pot... I'm not sure what is happening to me?

Actually the direction of this post is still aligned with the original question... which caliber is better and it still boils down to personal choice, influenced by input from many sources....

This is way too deep for me................. I have actually confused myself... 8)
I'm going for another cup of coffee.... (my third)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion