Just a question • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Just a question
 Post Posted: Wed 01 Apr 2009 13:29 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: None
My name is Scotty from Riverside, CA and I am new to the Fugitive Recovery business. I have read through many topics to absorb everything I can. I have a question hoping someone will give me a answer. What is pinging? How do you ping a cell phone and what does it do? How does it work? And can you ping a International cell phone and last where do you buy the blocks for it ?

Scotty S
Fugitive Recovery Agent
Riverside, CA
ScottyS36@gmail.com

Post subject: Re: Just a question
 Post Posted: Wed 01 Apr 2009 14:54 

Pinging is satellites or towers triangulating a position of where the cell phone is being used. It works on the same basis as a GPS pinpointing a location. I honestly don't believe anyone on here has ever come across a company that will actually do it for anyone other than LE, FBI, etc. If we could ping cell phones, life would be a lot simpler.

Post Posted: Wed 01 Apr 2009 15:55 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: None
Thank you for that information. Is there any other device / system out there that is commonly used to try and locate a skip by there cell phone? I come across all these reverse number sites but how do you know which one is true to there advertisement. I noticed throughout the forum that Phone Search is spoken about. Is that one that is still recommended. I know I have a lot to learn :) and I am willing and excited to retain everything I can to be successful. I have 2 skips right now that I have exahusted all resources available to me. So I am trying to figure out what other resources are out their to help me trace / track them. Also as far as I can tell the family has all disconnected there phones and Phone Search says they can locate the new number for a fee. Has anyone tried this method? I only ask because I don't know how many darn fees I have paid to these darn sites and ended with nothing or the same information I received for free. (I know your smiling, thinking amateur because I am) But I figure I have to learn it somehow and usually it is always the hard way for me.

Scotty S

Fugitive Recovery Agent
Riverside, CA

Post Posted: Wed 01 Apr 2009 18:50 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Experience: More than 10 years
Face to face questioning, covert observation of family/friends/employers/drug connections/hang outs, many hours of surveillance... up all nite, sitting on houses... black coffee, stale donuts... high tech is great and will often times put you in the right ball park but in the end it will come down to plain ole physical hands on work.... and sometimes it is the least little thing, the least little tidbit of information that puts you where you need to be.......... in fact, I would say that knowing how to evaluate the information that you have in front of you is paramount in finding your skip.... that is of course my opinion but there are a lot of very highly qualified folks on here that can probably clear it up a bit better for ya....

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Wed 01 Apr 2009 19:58 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Experience: More than 10 years
More and more people are going to prepaid cell phones. Even if you get the new numbers you may not get an address to go along with it.

Forget about pinging.

In our area Metro and others now only require that you come in to their office monthly and prepay your bill. They don't care what name you use. Many don't even ask for an id!

Heck, they even sell phones to minors and have them sign a contract which is invalid in CA as you have to be 18 y/o to enter into a legal contract.

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion