A MUST READ • PUBLIC SECTION • Media Coverage • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Re: A MUST READ
 Post Posted: Sat 14 Mar 2009 15:05 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Experience: More than 10 years
goodenough wrote:
you know it is ok to have an opinion but at least have a little respect in here. i have good friends in law enforcment and i dont appreciate the term oink oink it refers to police and such. i am offended that some people dont have enough respect for other people and i am damn tired of it maybe the world would be better if we all could think with are brains rather than our assess?,,,,,,,,,,,,

Oink, oink referred to the pigs in the forest which in turn relates to the story I posted on this site.... there was no disrespect involved here... lighten up my friend you misread the post.

Ok?

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Sat 14 Mar 2009 15:07 
in memoriam

goodenough wrote:
you know it is ok to have an opinion but at least have a little respect in here. i have good friends in law enforcment and i dont appreciate the term oink oink it refers to police and such. i am offended that some people dont have enough respect for other people and i am damn tired of it maybe the world would be better if we all could think with are brains rather than our assess?,,,,,,,,,,,,

You may want to make sure what you are addressing before you speak.... this had nothing to do with LE... it related to the story posted.... "How to catch a wild pig"... read that post and you will probably figure it out.

I also respect LE... probably have more cops as friends than you might imagine.... my grandson is also a deputy.... but it's ok... I'm not offended that you were offended.... and you can chew on me anytime... I got tough skin.... but I will also chew back... and also quite often have trouble getting my foot out of my mouth... 8) so join the club.

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Sat 14 Mar 2009 17:12 

i am very disappointed in myself for what i said and i do apologize for my comment. please accept my apology.i need to understand what i am reading before making a comment.

Post Posted: Sat 14 Mar 2009 18:31 
in memoriam

goodenough wrote:
i am very disappointed in myself for what i said and i do apologize for my comment. please accept my apology.i need to understand what i am reading before making a comment.

No big deal, my fuse used to be rather short but now that i am old the only thing that is short is my .............. thought process.

Post Posted: Sat 14 Mar 2009 18:57 

speezack wrote:
goodenough wrote:

No big deal, my fuse used to be rather short but now that i am old the only thing that is short is my .............. thought process.

i am still chewing on my foot.............

Post Posted: Tue 17 Mar 2009 20:26 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: None
hey bud i am new here but i know that if i hadnt chewed on some leather myself i wouldnt be the man (person) i am today, dont be so hard on yourself those that can see there mistakes and correct them have more humility than most of the country we live in which is a shame be proud that you have the intestinal drive to admit your faults and do it openly and to me that just shows your a honerable man. Sorry if i am rambling on but being humble and being able to harder on yourself than others kind keeps you in check and makes you a better person, ok i will shut up now lol

Post Posted: Tue 17 Mar 2009 20:51 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1988
goodenough wrote:

Sir, maybe you should take your own advice before addressing an issue. Secondly I was a law enforcement officer for more years than I care to count as were several other FRN members . Doing that time I and many other officers have be called pigs, bastards, mf'ers, sob's and several other names and words that I had never heard of before taking the job. I think that you will find that most LEO's don't care what they are being called by some asshat, and if they do they will not be a LEO for very long.

Tel: 1-800-387-0787

Anti-Moral Majority Club President
"Fear not the unknown, Fear the person who controls the unknown" Gene 7:14

Post Posted: Wed 18 Mar 2009 09:05 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 5
All of us are human....well most anyway, not sure about the "forum girls"..they seem to possess super hero powers.... :lol: (insert theme to the "twilight zone").... :P

But anyway, most of us make mistakes all the time...it's just part of everyday life. Recognize it, own it, correct it, apologize for it, then move on...it's up to the other person to accept it or not, if they choose not to, then it's on them.

Back to the topic:

I see this double standard alot, everywhere. Why is it ok for some people to believe they are entitled to certain things, yet they deny or try to deny others equal entitlements ?

Examples:

Smoking ? Why do smokers feel they have the right to pollute the same air I breathe ?

Music ? Why do some people think that they have a right to "blast" thier flavour of music at traffic lights, nieghborhoods, shopping centers, gas stations, etc. when I prefer a peaceful, serene quiet drive ?

Cell phone calls: Why do some people feel the need to "air thier dirty laundry" completely in public ? Restaurants, banks, shopping centers, etc. I can't tell you how many personal conversations I hear everyday that frankly aren't any of my business. I especailly don't care for the language certain groups of people use as well...even in front of children.

And ultimately, Guns: why do certain people, governments believe they are entitled to personal protection assets, but the everyday VOTING citizen is not ? Here's the really insane thing about this whole issue...these elected representatives work for us ! We are paying them to police us ! How insane is this ?

Post Posted: Wed 18 Mar 2009 09:09 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: None
Amen couldnt have said it any better

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Media Coverage