HWatts47 • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: HWatts47
 Post Posted: Fri 16 May 2008 21:26 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 5
Experience: More than 10 years
I just wanted to comment on Mr. Harley Watts of Huntsville, Al.

We made contact through this forum and then we met in person. I agreed to allow him to participate on a ride along. That was a few weeks ago.

Since that time, Mr. Watts has taken and passed Scott H's online course's, procured a business Al. Pi License, formed a sole proprietorship business, and researched and compiled a 66 page reference guide to several state laws pertaining to our industry or related subject matter that could come into play at any time.

Additionally, being a true local citizen, and not a transplant as most Huntsvillians are due to the military presence here, he has innumerable contacts and an infinite geographical knowledge as well.

Mr. Watts has proven to be extremely intelligent, capable, resourceful, and eager to learn this trade professionally, legally, and correctly.

He has also had the opportunity to go on cases with my mentor of 8 years as well. To date he has already assisted in close to a dozen apprehensions, run some intel on his own, and patiently absorbed everything myself and my mentor has thrown at him.

Obviously he still has much to learn, as do we all, but I feel confident in his abilities to this point of developing intel, planning ops, and carrying them out with either myself or my mentor in a consultant position.

I have already worked to securing him a position as an "in-house" investigator for a smaller bonding company that is facing several fft's. He has a meeting with the owner next week to explore that possibility.

We have all experienced the "oh crap" moment....that very challenging, rewarding, yet frightening moment when we got what we asked for....our first independent case....now it was time to put up or shut up.

Hopefully with the reassurances of myself and my mentor's to the owner of the bonding company, we can firmly secure Mr. Watts as his own in-house investigator.

So I wanted to recognize Mr Watts for his professionalism, dedication to preserving this industry to the standards we have set, and to ask that all of you pray that he be awarded his much desired 1st client.

Thanks for everything Harley and best of luck to you.

Take care and God Bless..:)

Post subject: Re: HWatts47
 Post Posted: Fri 16 May 2008 21:38 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
and if that ain't sucking up I don't know what is. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Congrats Harley!!!!

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Fri 16 May 2008 22:00 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1973
Experience: 3 - 5 years
Sucking up or a major endorsement
Congrats
With the input and advice from everybody here compiled with training and personal knowledge I don't see how one can fail.
Good Luck
Dave

Dave
Private Investigator
Licensed by the NYS DOS Division of Licensing

Post Posted: Sat 17 May 2008 03:09 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 3 years
Thank you very much for your kind words Ruffin, that honestly means a great deal to me, I am honored to have worked with you and hope to continue long into the future. I appreciate the help and guidance that I have received from everyone here, I don't know if I would have gotten as far as I have without Ruffin and everyone else here as well as the very valuable information shared here each and every day. I have to say that this forum is undoubtedly one of the best resources someone starting out in this field can have, I applaud each of you for the time and knowledge you have all contributed to the success of the Bail Enforcement Industry, it is utterly amazing that a group of strangers can come together and form something this powerful. I have the utmost respect for you all, please keep up the good work!

God Bless and Be Safe!

"As You Seek, So Shall You Find."

Post Posted: Sat 17 May 2008 06:56 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1999
Experience: 7 - 10 years
Congrats....

GAPB 20120726
NSIS ST0707
http://www.rocksolidrg.com
"The hero is not the man that acts without fear,
He is the man that acts inspite of fear"

Post Posted: Sun 18 May 2008 20:39 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Ruffin
Will you be receiving a commission from his new contract? That endorsement sounded like you are his agent!

Good luck and remember that ever decision you take has the ability to effect your career one way or the other, so think first!

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Tue 20 May 2008 16:46 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Just to give you guys an update on whats going on in my world....

Today I had lunch with the owner of a local bonding company, all thanks to the introduction Ruffin made for me! The meeting was very different than I expected, I went in wanting to do this guys recovery work and he proposed that I do some posting and then work up to the recoveries. At first I didn't know what to think, I had thrown around the idea of being a posting agent not long ago, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to do it. We talked about it over lunch and by the end I was convinced that it would probably be my best move, considering that be a bondsman would help me doing recoveries not only by helping me understand the business a little better but actually being the bondsman I wouldn't be as restricted as a contracted Recovery Agent. I am pretty excited about the opportunity! I can't thank you all enough for the help and advice that you have provided me so far, especially Ruffin, he has proven to be a great mentor and adviser, I really don't think I would have made it as far as I have without his advice and guidance. Hopefully this is the beginning of a long and very profitable career! :D

Post Posted: Tue 20 May 2008 17:21 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Good Luck, Harley.
I wish you well in your new venture.
If you are a good BBA you won't get alot of experience in the BEA end ;-)
Learn all that you can and always remember that there is always something new to learn. I have been writing Bail since 2000 and am responsible to recover my own, and I do. AND at the risk of sounding braggy . . . but it is the truth . . . My FTA rate? 1/100th of a %
My Recovery rate? 99%, the ones that I do not get would cost more for me to make the trip than paying the bond and writing off the loss. I know that I could also write off any trip related expenses but with the cost of fuel today and the necessaries, I can't afford to let go of my money now, just to get a write off next year :|
The key? Get ALL the INFORMATION that you can @ time of Bail.
Really listen while you are writing.
Again CONGRATS on the new job

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Tue 20 May 2008 20:34 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1973
Experience: 3 - 5 years
Best of luck to you.

Dave
Private Investigator
Licensed by the NYS DOS Division of Licensing

Post Posted: Mon 12 Dec 2011 04:38 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

My God, has it been a little over 3 years, I'm going to have to dust the cobwebs away. Anyway, I just wanted to stop by and say hi and that I haven't forgotten about you guys and gals. A lot has changed in my life.

Rewinding a couple of years, I had to get out of the business more out of necessity then anything else, I had a couple of major life changes. I became single, rather abruptly, and got custody of my oldest daughter. So being a single parent, having a full time job, and going to school full time left little time to work part time as an FRA. Alas, I have come full circle with a few minor differences, I am about to start the second semester of my Criminal Justice degree, I still have my full time job as a dispatcher, and may possibly be getting back into this trade, part time of course. A friend of mine, whom I used to do recovery work with, called me and asked if I would be interested in doing some skip tracing for him and/or possibly getting back in the field. I thought, what the heck, I haven't shot anyone in a long time (joke), and I have been feeling the call for a while. My domestic situation has improved a bit, so child care isn't an issue, why not have some fun and make some money.

So anyway, I just wanted to say hi and show some love.

Best regards,

Harley

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion