Hello All! Have a few questions • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Hello All! Have a few questions
 Post Posted: Mon 14 Mar 2005 20:22 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

1st want to say hello and thanks for all the info i have been reading the past day.. I decided to register to 1) get familier with yall and 2) ask a few questions

I went to college for Criminal justice and was on the break of becoming a police officer/correctional officer.. I started readint into bail recovery BEA whatever you wanna refer to it as.. And I had a few questions.. ive talked to scott for a few about going threw his online course to get me more familier with things but the real questions i had were

1) After i feel im ready to be a BEA what steps should i take to make my self legal.. Im in PA so i know theres not that many rules and regulations (yet) But what would i need to do to make sure im certified in the states.. I have applied for my permit to carry (even tho im not going to be bringing my gun along most the time) I know i porbably sound like a newbie but this info i couldnt find

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Rich

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 14 Mar 2005 20:39 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2570
Experience: More than 10 years
Dear Sir,
If you go into the members section and find BECA you can email Mr. Jordan and he can answer all your questions on PA. His Website is at htt://www.beca.org Hope this helps you out in PA. Scott is also very professional you can take his answers to the bank anytime.

Retired Private Investigator & Bail Enforcement
NAM VET 1969- 1975 US Army (RECON)
Office 260-220-3877
1-888-631-5520
Fax 260-456-6062

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 14 Mar 2005 20:43 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

yea scott has helped me alot.. I figure the $130+ is well worth the info alone... I have also been getting alot of infor from my uncle who is a cop.. hes thinking of doing this with me on his days off.... I tried to tell him well there are no days off lol...

Anyway ill contact mr jordan but if anyone can answer the questions here please do.

ps...who miss's family bonds

LOL

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 14 Mar 2005 20:46 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2570
Mr. Jordan post here almost everyday so i am sure if you are not in a hurry he will post tomorrow

Retired Private Investigator & Bail Enforcement
NAM VET 1969- 1975 US Army (RECON)
Office 260-220-3877
1-888-631-5520
Fax 260-456-6062

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 14 Mar 2005 22:32 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

great well see whta he can advice me

Post subject: Becoming a BEA in PA
 Post Posted: Tue 15 Mar 2005 09:01 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4006
Rich

Under current PA Law anyone the Bondsman decides to hire can recover their Bail Skip, however a Bondsman is unlikely to hire someone unless they have a proven track record of safe and successful recovery work.

The Laws in PA will be changing to require training and licensing probably within about 2 years, I have submitted recomendations concerning amendments to the current Bill at the request of the Counsel to the State Senate Judiciary Commitee.

The Bail Enforcement Industry is very competetive here in Pennsylvania, I suggest that you learn everything you can about the business from NIBE, NABEA, Rex and other respected training sources and once you have at least a basic understanding of BEA work try to network with existing BEA's and learn from them before trying to get cases on your own.

You will not really make much money when you first start out, the most valuable advice I can give you is don't quit your day job or depend on BEA work alone for income.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 15 Mar 2005 13:45 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

i way ahead of ya :) i have a job that brings me fairly good income. and Ive been talking to people regarding this for a few months. Ima prob take scotts course just to get the info in my head.. I have also talked to someone who is a BEA and hes agreed to let me on a few of his cases with him. For free of course so this way I get my feet wet. Hopefully this gives me enough exsperience to move on with being a BEA. I mean the county im in noone ever works it and i know a few people who i KNOW have skipped bail living in the same town as me LOL

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion