What is a good BEA academy to get training from • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: My advice
 Post Posted: Tue 11 Jan 2005 13:27 

Scott Olson a very good friend of mine runs a school certification course out of chicago but teaches the courses around the U.S. go to following website to find class dates close to you and here is his personal cell number and tell him Jeremiah told you to call him

Good Luck,

Jeremiah J. Arbogast
U.S. FUGITIVE INVESTIGATION BUREAU
EMAIL: jarbogast@tje1.com

Post subject: USRecoverybureau.com looks most professional
 Post Posted: Thu 17 Feb 2005 23:33 

I went to this Passiac , NJ school and was really satisfied with the training, the lead instructor Chet really knows his stuff and the place is very professionally run.

Their site http://www.usrecoverybureau.com does a really good job of showing you their training, expecially the videos section. I wish they had a closer location, I live in NC but was in NYC visiting friends and had a chance to attend the training...

I saw they were featured on Fox 5 news NYC , so they must be pretty good. good luck

Post subject: Training
 Post Posted: Thu 17 Feb 2005 23:53 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4006
Experience: More than 10 years
Unless you have Law Enforcement experience it's unlikey anyone will give you work regardless of where you go for training. I suggest that you find a BEA willing to work with you before you spend money on training.

The sad truth is that many people go through the time and expense of training but end up giving up the idea of becoming a BEA because they can't find work since they have nothing but classroom experience.

Also check with your States Licensing Division or Dept. of Insurance to find out what their requirements are, don't count on someone at a class necessarily giving you the whole picture, I have had several people from NY who graduated from a certain school in NJ call me and tell me they wanted to work with my organization and that they were certified to work in all 50 States. I had to burst their bubble and tell them that being certified by a "school" may be a prerequisite before getting licensed but they still had to apply for a license and meet all the other state requirements before being granted a license to work as a BEA.

Best of Luck

Chuck Jordan
www.becpa.org

Post subject: SCHOOLS
 Post Posted: Fri 18 Feb 2005 08:28 
in memoriam

CHUCK IS 100 PERCENT CORRECT-MOST STATES NOW HAVE LICENSING REQUIREMENTS-SOME STATES SUCH AS NH ONLY ACCEPT OUR COURSE AND ALSO REQUIRE A LARGE INSURANCE POLICY BEFORE BECOMEING LICENSED.OTHER STATES HAVE DIFFERENT REQUIREMENTS

I RECOMEND YOU CHECK WITH A LOCAL BEA AND OR BONDSMEN AND THE STATE INSURANCE DEPT TO FIND YOUR LOCAL REQUIREMENTS

BE CAREFUL THERE ARE MANY SCHOOLS TAUGHT BY SO CALLED EXPERTS THAT WILL GET YOU INTO MORE TROUBLE THAN U CAN HANDLE.
AFTER 16 YEARS AS A STREET COP- DETECTIVE AND 17 YEARS AS A BEA -REPOSSESSOR I AM STILL LEARNING EVERYDAY-ALL SCHOOLS NOW MATTER HOW LONG AND HOW GOOD CAN NOT TEACH YOU STREET SMARTS OR HOW TO STAY ALIVE-THESE THINGS COME FROM EXPERIANCE
MOST OF THE PROFESSIONALS HAVE A LEO OR MILITARY BACKROUND AND HAVE SEEN THINGS THAT YOU CAN NOT IMAGINE

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion