I WANT TO BE A AGENT • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: I WANT TO BE A AGENT
 Post Posted: Mon 04 Dec 2006 05:34 

I WOULD LIKE TO BECOME A BOUNTY HUNTER ITS BEEN MY DREAM SCINCE II WAS YOUNG NOW IM 27 YRS OLD. THE THING IS I AM A COVICTED FELON IN. I HAVE A BURGLARY CHARGE AGAINST ME BUT ITS BEEN MY DREAM SCINCE I WAS 17. THE ONLY THING THAT STOPPED ME WAS LIKE I SAID I GOT INTO SOME TROUBLE. BUT THATS NOT MY LIFE ANYMORE. PLEASE IF YOU CAN TELL ME ANYTHING LET ME KNOW THANK YOU

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 04 Dec 2006 07:49 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4006
Experience: More than 10 years
It looks like your from California, I believe the law in CA disqualifies people with felony convictions from working as BFRP's, if you were convicted as a minor your record should be sealed, however if you were convicted as an adult you should look into getting your record expunged, I'm not sure how it works but you could probably find an attorney that could help you.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 04 Dec 2006 08:13 

THANK YOU FOR THE REPLY. I TRYED TO GET ME RECORED EXPUNGED. BUT THE LAWYER SAID THAT CUASE I WENT TO PRISON I CANT GET MY RECORED EXPUNGED. IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN WORK AS A RECOVERY AGENT. I DONT WANT TO OWN A AGENCY. I JUST WANT TO DO THE WORK I WANTED TO DO EVER SINCE I WAS YOUNGER

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 04 Dec 2006 09:00 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 567
Your enthusiasm is appreciated. However, because of your felony conviction you cannot work in fugitive recovery in California. We are one of the more restrictive states. There are still a few states out there that do not require licensing but they are getting less eveery day. Also, here in CA, i have been into many county jails that run quick background checks on everone briinging in skips. I am afraid your conviction would cause you more problems than you would really want. The other issue is whether any bondsman would hire you. Your record would stand in the way of most reputable bonding company. Not trying to be mean; just honest with you.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 04 Dec 2006 15:52 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
In CA, felonies can't be expunged short of a governors or presidential pardon, as far as I know. Felonies stay on the court records for 99 years. Misdemeanors are automatically removed after 10 years.

Due to liabilities issues, no bail agent will work with a known felon. By law we can't associate with any felon unless it is through normal business contacts, i.e bailing one out or if the person is a relative. We definitely can not knowling hire a felon. We could lose our bail license.

Not be glibb or sarcastic but, have you thought about a different state, such as Hawaii?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 04 Dec 2006 17:09 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Not be glibb or sarcastic but, have you thought about a different state, such as Hawaii?

Tony . . . I think falls under the category of "glib" :wink:

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 04 Dec 2006 17:11 
in memoriam

Tony posted: "Not be glibb or sarcastic but, have you thought about a different state, such as Hawaii?"

My drink just came out my nose, as I read this reply. Dang! Vodka burns. I have been waiting for this reply, because it is my opinion the initial posting was nothing more than set up. I bet this person posting here is from the Puppy's fan base.

TX PI LIC #A-09665
(409) 284-1895
http://360.yahoo.com/ftachaser357
"For every DEFENDANT that fails to appear in Court, there is a VICTIM seeking Justice"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 04 Dec 2006 18:56 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Steve,

I hope someday when we meet, I can buy you a drink. Sorry for the nose burn.
:cry:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 05 Dec 2006 08:51 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2065
Experience: 7 - 10 years
Cool, another Vodka drinker... Cheers Steve 8)

Good one Tony...

Anniston, AL

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion