extradition from NC to SC? • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 29 Nov 2006 05:06 

NC PI,
I have a question for you. What if our company writes a bond here in MO and the guy skips to NC, can we come get him? Can the bonding company that wrote the bond do the pickup from out of state?

Reason Im asking, if I understand your post above, your talking about two agents in two states working for the same insurance company. We dont have an insurance company, we are the surety.

I hope Im making myself clear. If not, I will try and clairify. I just understood what you posted to mean it has to be someone in the same company do the pick up licensed in NC.

Please excuse my ignorance.

Andy

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 29 Nov 2006 09:42 

Just means you have to get a licensed bondsman in NC to do the pickup :wink:

Ohio law states, we can gain force entry on the address on the bail application, and the co-signers house, But if its a 3rd party house, Like a friend, We cant force entry unless we possitively ID the skip, or informant gives you info the skip is there, Then we can force entry on 3rd party house.
(I still dont gain on informant info, Jus to clear my a55)
But if its out of state, We can go across state lines to get the skip, But must comply with that states laws and notify local police.

Most bail companies with out of state skips usually call a local bondsman from that area of the skip and contract them for the pickup.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 29 Nov 2006 09:58 

Thanks. I was a little confused on the wording.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 30 Nov 2006 06:27 

NC,
The reason I was asking, I was looking for a guy last spring. We went to northern GA and actually ended up in NC tracing him. I read that there were no provisions for bounty hunters and most states give bonding companies that write the bond from anohter state more wiggle room than beas to retrieve their own principals. Anyway, we went to a couple little towns in NC, and SC, and LEOs were more than helpful and gave no indication we were doing anything wrong. Said to call if we needed help and good luck snagging him. Thats why I was confused. We ended up back in GA and actually caught the guy back here in MO. He was on the move. Quite the chase.

Florida is kinda different too. From the way I understand the law, you have to get a local bondsman to help you. I have been to some areas that tell me to do that and other areas say go get em and call if you need help.

From my experience nationwide, save IL, if you treat LEO with respect, you can do alot, just like you said. However, after talking to a couple of PIs, I wasnt about to attempt El Paso.

LEOs in Carroll Iowa were very helpful day before yesterday. We didnt request them to go with us, but they had a car standing by close if we wanted them.

Andy

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 30 Nov 2006 11:20 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 5
Experience: More than 10 years
I have made out of state apprehensions before in NC with LEO assistance without any problems. But again, appearance, attitude, respect, professionalism, all come into play. If 1 Leo says no, then simply say "ok officer" and leave professionally, making sure to thank them for thier time and advice.

Then simply set up surveillance and make a call to a local BEA and you still win. What is so hard about behaving professionally and thinking outside of the box ?

Also, for out of state apprehensions, usually they have to be felonies and should be in NCIC. This is what will garner you the assistance of the LEO's. You sit back, the Leo's effect the arrest, take him to thier jail, then the Leo extradition process begins. You clear your bond, you have no risk, and you don't have to fool with a fugitive. Apprehension by Leo is a win-win situation all the way around.

You have to learn how to make the system work for you.

But showing your butt and trumpeting your alleged "authority" is a rookie mistake and hurts the industry all the way around. Never, ever, under any circumstances challenge the local authorities. You will lose every time. You get marked for repeated invitations to thier traffic courts, your vehicle becomes so popular with them they constantly wish to inspect it, and then they are so enamored with your "power" that they discuss you throughout the Leo community, so that now, not only do you have thier ever adoring attention...you also now have all of the adjoining agencies waiting for you..all the way to the state line.

"Discretion is the better part of Valor".....Author unknown.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 30 Nov 2006 20:08 

Thanks everyone for the info and other sites with NC laws that i couldnt find. I appreciate it. Except for the guy who said to use him if i went to jail(although i laffed a little bit at that joke) But you didn't post anything use full except being sarcastic! First off that wasn't me that did that. Also i never have any problems with LEOs anywhere. I always give them a call when im in the area and when im about to make an arrest. I have done numerous pickups in different states and even when i had to contract another agency to help pick up because i couldn't I still arrested the fugitives with out another agencys help. The officers never asked me too they told me to go ahead my self and wished me luck. I always treat KEOs with respect even if they have an attitude and say i can't do something even if i am able to. In this scenario I would have told the officer no problem and waited till he left and called someone to assist and still arrested her anyways. But most LEOs will let you do it as long as you have there permission and permission from the County!
Thanks!

Post subject: local
 Post Posted: Fri 01 Dec 2006 08:00 
in memoriam

This senario is why i always use local bea-bondsmen--i do not know nc or sc or any other area out of my ao nor do i have any leo contacts out of my area--use a local bea each of of you get a slice of the pie and stay safe and out of jail--the few saved dollars do not help if you are arrested--tell your bondsmen up front add the out of area bea as an expense--if the bondsmen does not agree tell them to seek another bea--the ride to try to get off the charge is long and expensive

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion