State vs years in state • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: State vs years in state
 Post Posted: Wed 27 Sep 2006 03:57 

Can anyone please be so kind to tell me if there is any state that will let me start up in bail enfrocment work without damanding having lived in the state for a year in advanced? As far as i understood i have to have lived in the calirofnia area fot two years.. is there any state that let me move there and then start up, with the right paperwork?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 27 Sep 2006 06:48 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 5
Experience: More than 10 years
Miss Dani,

Yes there are. Several states are still unlicensed regarding BEA's. Once you enter our country legally, possess all of the work visas then you can work whatever job you want with some exceptions.

My only question is, and I don't know the answer as of yet, is how you would obtain a weapons permit and how you could purchase a firearm ?

I know it can be done, because trust me, we have thousands of foreigners who are employed as professional, legal, legitimate security guards here in the U.S.

My state, Alabama, has no BEA requirements at this time. I cannot speak for any other state. I could suggest though that you use the "Law Directory" feature on this sight and research the states you would consider living in. Then, I would research each state's laws regarding CCW's.

I do not know how the federal firearms purchase form 4473 treats foreigners. Others here may be able to answer that question for you.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 27 Sep 2006 07:46 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 324
Experience: 5 - 7 years
A good source for checking firearms laws is www.packing.org. They stay up to date on each state's laws and changes in them.

Sales Associate, Prepaid Legal Services, Inc.
Walsenburg, CO

Proud Member of the AB Reject Club

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 27 Sep 2006 08:05 

I guess that would make a differens in what state we end up in, but i have no criminal records. beside from that iam not sure what it requires to buy a firmarm in any state.. Is Arizona a nice place? Nevada?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 27 Sep 2006 11:05 
in memoriam

It's hard for any U. S. peson to answer with any knowledge about other states other than the one they are in. Even then you may run into someone who isn't happy where they are living.

I will tell you what I think about Az and Nevada:

Both are primarily desert states: summertime temperatures can range as high as the mid 100's+ teens and sometimes even higher (120+) sometimes. Both states are very arid.

The overall geography of both states is versatile: Both contain flat desert regions, rock formations, arroyo's, canyons, mountains, etc. very little greenery and very little water.

Firearms: 1 problem you may encounter is that they (ATF) may have to run a background check on you all through Europe. I am not sure if they even do that for routine firearms purchases.

If I remember correctly, the last time I filled out a 4473 there was a place on it for people who were not U.S. Citizens. it's a minor detail. a lot of people do this job without a firearm anyway...it has its pro's and cons.

I am just curious ? Why are you drawn to the Western U. S. ? Granted they have some wondrous sites to behold, but as far as living goes, in my own opinion, you can't beat the Southern States.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 27 Sep 2006 14:58 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Amen on Southern States!! I have lived all over this country, Virginia, South Carolina, California, Hawaii, Illinois, Florida and Arkansas and I will take the south over any of it for myself.

My State does not have a length of time for residency as ohers do. I got licensed as a Bail Bond Agent after being here 1 month however, we do not recognize BEA, FRA or any other term for Bounty Hunting. You have to be licensed as a Bail Bond Agent, Licensed Private Investigator or Certified Law Enforcement in order to do recoveries legally here.

Good Luck in your search!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 27 Sep 2006 15:08 

Mindtracker wrote:
I am just curious ? Why are you drawn to the Western U. S. ? G

I like the sun..and my future husband lives in California.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 27 Sep 2006 18:04 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Once you're married and living in CA, you might be able to start as a BFRP in CA. One of the courses you have to take, the POST 832 requires that you be a legal U.S. resident and complete a background check. That may be the only hang up.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 27 Sep 2006 19:09 
in memoriam

What ? We don't have "sun" anywhere but California ?...lol..If the truth be told, there is more physical coastline of beaches on the Southern Shorelines than there are on the West Coast.

We have the Atlantic coastline: Florida to Va.; Gulf Coast from Florida to Texas.

As far as that's where you're fiance is...No, I am in Alabama..... :P

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 28 Sep 2006 00:42 

Hahahaha good one Mindtracker, good one!! :D
Iam sure Alabama is a great place, being close to Florida, with many nice beaches.. But you got to be freaking hot for me to leave me fiance.. :wink:

But I have also been thiking of Texas..

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion