Interested in becoming • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Interested in becoming
 Post Posted: Wed 20 Sep 2006 15:10 

I've long been intrigued by the field of fugitive recovery and am interested in learning and finding a partner for it in the Denver area. I understand that there's a school somewhere around here. I'm about 5 miles from Bounty Hunters International, Dog's place, but don't know if they teach there or how much it might cost.

I'm a big woman, my nickname is already "Mama Bear". I've been training in martial arts since 1998, now starting to tutor in that too, with hopes of having a full blown school some day. I've always been interested in guns and shooting too, having a concealed carry license and carrying since 2003 when Colorado's law was passed.

Is it very hard to get training in this field and find understanding people to work for who would mentor me in starting out?

Is it true what Dog says, that half the bonds people won't pay you after you do their work for them? That doesn't sound right.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 20 Sep 2006 15:36 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 324
Experience: 5 - 7 years
Melissa,

If you want to succeed, stay away from any mention or association with Chapman. There are several course providers in Denver and Colorado Springs that will provide you with the proper schooling and training. You can get a list from the DOI website.

Sales Associate, Prepaid Legal Services, Inc.
Walsenburg, CO

Proud Member of the AB Reject Club

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 20 Sep 2006 15:38 

kebcpa wrote:
Melissa,

If you want to succeed, stay away from any mention or association with Chapman. There are several course providers in Denver and Colorado Springs that will provide you with the proper schooling and training. You can get a list from the DOI website.

Thanks Kathy. Any particular reason why?

DOI? I'm not familiar with terms yet. :)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 20 Sep 2006 16:02 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 324
Experience: 5 - 7 years
Division of Insurance. The following site will give you most of the information you need about bonds and bail enforcement in CO.

http://www.dora.state.co.us/insurance/consumer/bb.htm

As to the other, read some of the previous posts on here and you will get our opinions on him and his activities.

Sales Associate, Prepaid Legal Services, Inc.
Walsenburg, CO

Proud Member of the AB Reject Club

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 20 Sep 2006 16:24 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Experience: More than 10 years
Mama Bear,

Because if you walk into my bail office looking for work and state that you like, want to be like or are dressed like the tv bounty hunter shows, I will be polite, listen to your sales pitch and after you leave throw your card or whatever you leave with me in the trash.

He and other agents that work and think like him are BIG liability to me and my company.

Every recovery agent that works for us, and that is veryyyyyyyyyyy few, gets a signed contract. We pay our recovery agents. We also expect results from them!

Remember, on the TV shows, they are going after THEIR own skips!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 20 Sep 2006 17:41 

kebcpa wrote:
Division of Insurance. The following site will give you most of the information you need about bonds and bail enforcement in CO.

http://www.dora.state.co.us/insurance/consumer/bb.htm

As to the other, read some of the previous posts on here and you will get our opinions on him and his activities.

Ok, thanks again. :D

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 20 Sep 2006 17:42 

tsuggs wrote:
Mama Bear,

Because if you walk into my bail office looking for work and state that you like, want to be like or are dressed like the tv bounty hunter shows, I will be polite, listen to your sales pitch and after you leave throw your card or whatever you leave with me in the trash.

He and other agents that work and think like him are BIG liability to me and my company.

Every recovery agent that works for us, and that is veryyyyyyyyyyy few, gets a signed contract. We pay our recovery agents. We also expect results from them!

Remember, on the TV shows, they are going after THEIR own skips!

Ahhhhh. :D Well I don't even watch his show, so...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 21 Sep 2006 09:50 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Well you quoted Dog and mentioned him in the same post as being close about 5 miles away. Now you posted that you have not watched his show which most thought you probably have. I was avoiding this post because of your mentioning Dog and do not wish to engage in a back and forth about him so... do as Kathy mentioned and go through this forum and look at all the posts and comments about him and you will get a picture of why you may be getting some sort of a cold shoulder from the rest of this forum.

Anyway good luck in Denver!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 21 Sep 2006 09:53 

HoundDog wrote:
Well you quoted Dog and mentioned him in the same post as being close about 5 miles away. Now you posted that you have not watched his show which most thought you probably have. I was avoiding this post because of your mentioning Dog and do not wish to engage in a back and forth about him so... do as Kathy mentioned and go through this forum and look at all the posts and comments about him and you will get a picture of why you may be getting some sort of a cold shoulder from the rest of this forum.

Anyway good luck in Denver!

I only mentioned him because I thought he was supposed to be a big deal. I had no idea he was this unpopular in this community.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 21 Sep 2006 16:56 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

You walked into the wrong area if you thought he was some kinda big deal. He is very unpopular in the community of BEA's, FRA's, Bounty Hunters, Private Investigators and others that perform this kinda work.

Maybe a little research before you jumped in would have helped you a bit more with others around here. So anyway drop the subject and move on it will get you more help in the long run or you can join one of his fan club sites of wannabees and be welcomed with open arms. It is your choice and just a suggestion.

You are welcome here we, as a choice would rather not deal with others that want to be like him and it seemed that is what you were looking for, if not that is good if so... well he has a site for fans.

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion