Two Bail Bondsman charge With Felonies • PUBLIC SECTION • Media Coverage • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Two Bail Bondsman charge With Felonies
 Post Posted: Fri 23 Jan 2009 21:41 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: 3 - 5 years
I just don't get,what went wrong with hunt?
http://www.wsoctv.com/news/18550965/detail.html

Post subject: Re: Two Bail Bondsman charge With Felonies
 Post Posted: Fri 23 Jan 2009 22:09 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 324
Experience: 5 - 7 years
Are you asking what these guys did wrong? Or why they did what they did, which was completely wrong.

Sales Associate, Prepaid Legal Services, Inc.
Walsenburg, CO

Proud Member of the AB Reject Club

Post Posted: Sat 24 Jan 2009 11:31 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Experience: More than 10 years
If, and I mean if, the charges are true, they deserve to lose their business and spend some time in jail!

If, and again I mean if, they are guilty of these charges, their actions will bring more calls for controls or the elimination of bail recovery work or even surety bail itself.

Post Posted: Sat 24 Jan 2009 11:59 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 757
Some people take it to far. These two went to far with it. I can't wait to see how this comes out. :evil: :evil: :evil:

NSIN# SF0105
LIC. #704058

Post Posted: Sat 24 Jan 2009 16:38 

If it did happen just like it was reported, then they definately did go way too far. I was reading some of the comments. They have some interesting "facts" that they are claiming.

Post Posted: Sat 24 Jan 2009 16:42 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Why do people not get it when it comes to doing this work? What one does affects the many . . .
I was reading the comments on the story. As always there is more to the story that what meets the eye. Let us hope that the turn out is well and that the papers then make that known. But you do realize that papers want to sell papers and good news does not always do that :cry:

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Sat 24 Jan 2009 23:33 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Our state of North Carolina doesn't allow bounty hunters to enter into "Third Party" residents to aprehend fugitives.

The article really does not give all the details; except, the charges applied. With such strict guidelines it seems to make this business tougher to do.

Post Posted: Sat 24 Jan 2009 23:51 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 5
I think Kitty, that you are missing the point here.

There are many, many tactics, strategies, ploys, cons, etc. that a creative BEA can employ to flush his/her quarry out. The old days of brutal, lawless, Gestapo type tactics are long gone as well as they should be. The actors in this situation, if the news report is accurate which is doubtful, used extremely poor judgement and tactics to accomplish thier goal...which is ultimately to mitigate thier client's liability...not incur liability for the same client...which is exactly what has happened now.

The possible ramifications of this incredibly stupid act are many, but just to name a few will be the obvious:

1) Criminal charges against the transgressors

2) Potential Criminal charges against the Bonding Company

3) Lawsuits 9 ways to Sunday against everyone.....the BEA's, the bonding company, the owner's of the Bar, the bar employees, and even the patrons in the bar if they failed to perform thier civic duty in reporting the kidnapping.

4) Microscopic examination into this situation by the overseeing authorities, which could translate into more regulations of the industry on a local basis and possibly even to the national level.

I understand it is frustrating when it comes to 3rd party addresses. I've been there too, many, many times. It all comes down to creativity and patience. What's wrong with simply waiting for the defendant to emerge from the building ? He/She has to come out eventually. Work, groceries, child care, errand running, just plain ol cabin fever.

Problem with young people of today...have no patience...."I want it now !" generation. Remember the old addage : "Good things come to those who wait".... :lol:

Post Posted: Sun 25 Jan 2009 19:43 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2419
I had to read this story a couple times to make sure what I was understanding. There is a lot not said in this report.
Apparently Martinez went to the police and reported the "kidnapping". However there does not seem to be any 3rd party witnesses to this event, in which, it took the "victims" 5 days to even report.
The story stresses "violent kidnapping" but in essence nothing violent was reported. Would handcuffing qualify for this if it is true ( again I doubt it) and the mention of a pillowcase, seems too close to GITMO than real life here in the US.
Would a long time bondsman, risk his reputation and his restaurant business in one fell swoop in searching for a skip. Would he have them brought to his restaurant and if so for what purpose? Not likely.
Perhaps the couple has made up these accusations, fearing retribution from government over over their illegal alien status and the disappearance of their relative.
I know in the recent bonding I did with one of the parents of the 6 year old who took the family vehicle and drove 10 miles in an attempt to get to school, I know for a fact a lot of misinformation was reported by the news, both in print and on TV. In some cases I know they never bothered to check facts but just ripped the story from other reports and then reported it as facts..but this is really the case with news these days.
Jenifer

DCJS 99-183465
Virginia

Post Posted: Sun 25 Jan 2009 20:38 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 5
Most of us are familiar with how unfactual alleged "factual" news reports are these days. Reporter's and news stations are in too much of a hurry to "be the first" with the story. Look at what happened with Richard Jewel in Atlanta in 1994 at the Olympic Park bombing incident....that fiasco made him a Millionaire, cost several esteemed reporter's thier jobs, and formal apologies had to be issued in the press to Richard and his family by the offending media outlets.

Regarding the Illegal Alien issue: Unfortunately human rights abuses against illegal aliens are too common and widespread by cops, bonding companies, sweat shops, construction companies, restaraunt's etc. they pay them less than minimum wages, make them work 15-20 hr days, 7 days a week, no benefits, etc etc.

These people honestly don't know who to trust when things like this happen. This may be the reason why it took them 5 days to report. Also bear in mind that they don't speak much English, nor are they familiar with our laws and customs.

I'm not defending thier criminal acts....but by the same token I don't think the alleged criminal acts of the BEA's should be lost in a shifting of the issues.

1 other thing I'd like to point out.....unless a person can prove, beyond a shadow of the doubt, thier ancestry stems from the indigenous personnel of North America from the late 1400's on, all of us are descendants of "Illegal Aliens."

Alot of people are or have forgotten our own country's history...at any given point from the 1400's to the 1800's, there were at least a dozen different country's that had claims to different geographic locations inside our current borders: From the Gulf Coast to the Canadian Border, From the Pacific Ocean to the Atlantic. Germany, France, Switzerland, Russia, Spain just to name a few all had established colonies. From what is now Florida to Southern Ca. and the Mexican Border were all under different soveriegn nations...Spain had Fl, France had the Louisianna territory, Mexico claimed the Southwestern regions.

Alot of people have forgotten all of the wars that were fought and the land deals that were negotiated to create our current country.

Anyway, I digress....my main point here is that the BEA had no right to forcibly remove a person from thier home and then interrogate them until they were done. We, the USA, has gone to war over such human rights atrocities....anyone remember a guy Named Saddam Hussein ? Manuel Noriega ? Hitler ? Mussolini ?
I've said my piece.

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Media Coverage