Federal judges added to defendants’ list in civil case • PUBLIC SECTION • Media Coverage • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Federal judges added to defendants’ list in civil case
 Post Posted: Sat 24 Mar 2007 21:52 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Experience: More than 10 years
What next ?

Article in Muskogee, OK Newspaper

Fifteen Oklahoma federal judges, the Oklahoma attorney general and 82 of his employees, including 10 John Does engaged in the AG’s “rackets” were added Friday to a civil racketeering case.

The case in federal court in Muskogee already had more than 90 defendants. The initial filing weighs 11.5 pounds.

Plaintiffs Pat and Donnie Dobson of Tulsa allege two bail bonding agents are part of a Racketeering Influenced Corrupt Organization conspiring with Wagoner County judges, commissioners, the sheriff, the police chief, other elected officials and citizens and the state insurance commissioner and her employees.

The object of the conspiracy allegedly is to assure the two bail bonding agents conduct 98 percent of the bail bonding business in Wagoner County.

When U.S. District Judge Ronald A. White required a RICO case statement be filed and was critical of the Dobsons’ filing, he, too, was added to the case. White then recused himself, and U.S. District Judge Frank Seay was randomly chosen to hear the case.

But Seay is one of 15 federal judges in Oklahoma the Dobsons added to the case as defendants in a second amended petition filed Friday.

Drew Edmondson’s office recently filed an entry of appearance for elected officials his office is responsible to defend in the lawsuit.

The Dobsons won’t be more specific than to say the judges are engaged in racketeering, in particular counterfeit securities.

“White et al, lurking in and around all areas of the state of Oklahoma, fraudulently tender evidence of indebtedness knowing full well that the effective securities have been falsely made.

“White et al are accomplices to one another for the agreed-upon purpose of ‘washing’ the counterfeit securities to make them appear, to the untrained, unschooled eye, to be legitimate.”

The suit alleges White’s “anticipated payoff from each scam is $35,000, which is accounted in secret records.”

Donnie Dobson said he could not show the Phoenix the secret records. His suit alleges White’s “take” is about $500,000. Dobson refused to say from what source.

The suit contends when White ignored Dobsons’ testimony in regard to death threats and denied them a protective order, “White effectively confessed to a conspiracy with fellow syndicate members ... (Wagoner County officials).”

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat 24 Mar 2007 23:31 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 324
Experience: 5 - 7 years
Very interesting, and one of the many reasons that I completely comply with my state's laws that makes it illegal to give or offer ANYTHING of value to anyone with any form of retention authority is illegal. Even leaving a "pen" at the jail, or sending a "Thank You card, or a "Christmas card" could be considered bribery, and while I always take my own pen, it always leaves with me, and all they ever get is a verbal "thank you" for their cooperation.

Bondsmen are also not allowed to suggest or refer an attorney, so although I am often asked for one, and have one that I prefer, always explain that I cannot do so, and refuse to refer one. I have dealt with the Public Defenders' offices several times, and have a good rapport with them. This is because they know that my goal is to keep my clients out of jail, whether it is from giving a "Consent" for whatever reason they missed court, or by rebonding them for a FTA.

I know that the industry avearge (from the industry standard, and "hunting for others" is 4-5%), but my personal average is about 1%, with most of these being mistakes or weather-related, and maybe .01% really running. That personal percentage is because most of my bonds are local, are someone that I know, and the others I made sure that I had "liquid" collateral on. This being credit cards, vehicles, or ready cash, so the FTA and/or their cosigner understands that if the defendant misses court, my contact with them to "collect on the bond" is a courtesy, but that I have the previously available funds to pay the bond.

The larger ones that I require property on, if it is local I will file the lien. If not, they have to send me the filed lien (in my name) from the local bonfing county, (proving it is perfected and in the open amount of the bond) prior to my writing the bond. Especiallyh, if I do not have this info, or it is out of state, I get very particular on the property and the lien.

This is the reason that my jump rate is so low, and the reason that my local court works with me. I have VERY few jumps, and about 99.9% get rescuduled from Consents or by my rebonding them.

It really sucks that I have become friendly with many of the officials that I do business with, but cannot legally associate with them other than inside the court or jail for fear of BS accusations from competitors.

Sales Associate, Prepaid Legal Services, Inc.
Walsenburg, CO

Proud Member of the AB Reject Club

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun 25 Mar 2007 09:56 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Experience: More than 10 years
what she said.
Except that I do have a couple of the jailers that come over and bring their dogs to visit my dogs. There have been a couple of other companies that have tried to say something but the Jail, the Sheriff and other local authorities have shut them down on the matter real quick.
Seems they like someone that does their job and doesn't ask for anything in return from those in control.

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Media Coverage