E-mail to Rita Cosby • PUBLIC SECTION • Media Coverage • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: E-mail to Rita Cosby
 Post Posted: Sun 17 Sep 2006 06:39 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 5
Experience: More than 10 years
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 06:33:40 -0700 (PDT)
From: "mind Tracker" <spanielpi007@yahoo.com> View Contact Details Add Mobile Alert
Yahoo! DomainKeys has confirmed that this message was sent by yahoo.com. Learn more
Subject: RE: Mr. Chapman and Crew
To: rita@msnbc.com
To: Ritsa Cosby,

Please allow me to clarify some points for you, which you seem to have over looked or are deliberately failing to publish/report in your coverage of Mr. Chapman and crew. By the way, as a journalist, your job is to report ALL of the facts, not just the ones you support:

FACT 1) Mr. Chapman is a convicted FELON. he is a criminal himself. Being a registered convicted felon carries LIFELONG consequences such as not being able to vote, not being able to own, possess or be in the proximity of firearms, can never be physical with anyone at anytime (that's another crime-assault). In several states being a convicted felon prohibits you from working as a recovery agent.

A convicted felon cannot ever put his/her hands on anyone at anytime for any reason. So, technically speaking, the alleged "thousands" Mr. Chapman claims to have apprehended could legally file criminal charges as well as civil lawsuits against him.

2) Mr. Chapman and crew BROKE MEXICAN LAW when they crossed into Mexico, attempted to kidnap Mr. Luster, and then refused to cooperate with Mexican authorities; then they refused to return to Mexico, thereby committing the very crime for which they earn thier living from-Bail Jumping. Talk about Irony !

3) Several of us in the professional field of Bail Enforcement have been working arduously over the past 3 years to effect Mr. Chapman's arrest for his crimes. Finally, the warrant was issued. In fact several of us offered, repeatedly, to perform the apprehension and extradition back to Mexico FREE, as soon as the State Department issued the warrant. Unfortunately, we have been deprived of that privilege.

4) Several of us have issued numerous invitations to Mr. Chapman to participate in public, live debates. He has ignored those invitations or simply refused to accept the invitations.

5) A & E created this monster. Mr. Chapman is not a hero, but rather a joke. He is unprofessional, uneducated, and an embarrassment to the professionals in our industry.

6) The State of Hawaii used to be an unlicensed state regarding bail enforcement until last year when legislation was finally passed which would have put Mr. Chapman out of business. However, somehow that legislation was suspended...my guess by A&E's lawyers. But if that legislation ever does become an enforceable state law, then Mr. Chapman will be outlawed there.

If you are a legitimate, professional journalist in search for the TRUTH, then I invite you to visit this website where you can speak to BEA's that have been in business for more years than Mr. Chapman has been alive.

I am also curious to see if you have the professional ethics to post this e-mail, since it is anti-Dog, on any of your blogs, newscasts; or rather if you will simply ignore it becuase it fails to support "Dog".

www.fugitiverecovery.com

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun 17 Sep 2006 09:28 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Amen RUFFIN!!!!. I am glad that I left it up to you to respond to the media I am not as subtle as you and others, it takes a couple of days sometimes before I should say anything to them and their ignorance.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun 17 Sep 2006 12:16 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Ruffin,

Sorry but I do not think this will help. Supposedly Rita Cosby is a personal friend of the Chapmans so she is going to use her celebrity status to help them. The latest spin being that they are trying to extradite them for a misdemeanor. What they are facing is NOT a misdemeanor but they have been using their camera time to shout this most recently so we shall see if anyone will correct them.

Post subject: others have also sent emails
 Post Posted: Sun 17 Sep 2006 13:24 
in memoriam

many others have sent emails to miss crosby--i do not think they will get thru her producers will most likely delete them

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun 17 Sep 2006 13:39 
in memoriam

I've stayed away from responding to posts lately because I learned there is absolutly no sense in arguing with those who enter here who are not pro BEA's... add to that, those who think they are and those who are obsessed with my activities.

Chapman is charged with criminal deprivation of liberty. It is NOT a misdemeanor. It is our equivalent of kidnapping.

I do not know if its true but I was advised that Mexico does not distinguish between a misdemeanor and felony. Various crimes have basic penalties.

The TV society doesn't understand or even believe that Chapman and his posse are not 'bounty hunters' by definition because they chase their own skips (some even who haven't skipped). There are rumblings of a couple former derfendants are going to sue Mr. Chapman for rescinding their bail on an excuse they missed a call in. The defendants are claiming their bail was rescinded because Chapman and crew needed some action for the cameras. If this situation is true, it will certainly call for a tort action.

As regards contacting the media... forget about dealing with Rita Cosby. She has a major economy for the truth and facts and is fed what her Producer wants her to eat. I doubt she even sees any emails her "people" don't want her to see.

Two days ago I was contacted by a general media rep. That person has my statement for the national press, parts of which will be published in various news outlets in the coming days.

What most fail to realize is there is a lot going on behind the scenes.

To be honest with everyone... I wouldn't wish a Mexican jail cell on anyone... not even Duane, Leland or Timothy.

I have personally seen Mexican jails (even a prison). They are the most disgusting places on earth and I don't see how an American can live very long under those unsanitary conditions; our immune systems are not as strong as those of citizens in other countries.

The prison in the Dominican Republic is cleaner than the one in Mexico and I once thought no place could be more disgusting.

Mr. Chapman and his associates have been arrested, their arrest was publicized, and they now face an extradition hearing. The truth about the Luster matter is emerging and that was my purpose for the past three years.

I have accomplished said purpose.

Since A&E decided to forge Chapman into a rogue type of hero and to adhere his unconventional (and often illegal) antics to the bail enforcement industry, he has placed many of us in harm's way; especially those of us who occasionally work in Mexico; without the slightest semblance of having a conscience or regret for the damage placed in the wake of his passing. One religious person described it best... "He sold his soul to the devil in Jesus' name."

But the damage is done. The Chapmans are famous and they are rich.

It will be interesting to see if they are extradicted. There is a whole lot of case law on both sides of the issue but what should be of concern to the Chapmans at this time is the relationship Mexico's new President has with our President. President Vincente Fox is gone and President Caulderon is in.

We will see what we will see... in Jesus' name.

“What is sought is found... what is overlooked escapes” (Oedipus Rex)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 18 Sep 2006 20:41 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

If ths US does not extradite him then it will no doubt make extraditing criminals who flee to Mexico ALOT more difficult as they will not even need to keep up a semblance of cooperation with US.

"Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is your oath."
- Kingdom of Heaven

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 18 Sep 2006 20:59 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

You know that to be true Don and exactly what I said in another post. We will all pay if he does not return to stand trial... you can forget the agreement signed over 3 years ago between the U.S. and Mexico on this issue.

Post subject: Re: E-mail to Rita Cosby
 Post Posted: Tue 19 Sep 2006 08:09 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Mindtracker wrote:
To: rita@msnbc.com
To: Ritsa Cosby,

>"Please allow me to clarify some points for you, which you seem to have over looked or are deliberately failing to publish/report in your coverage of Mr. Chapman and crew. By the way, as a journalist, your job is to report ALL of the facts, not just the ones you support:"

Amen, you go boy

Mindtracker wrote:
A convicted felon cannot ever put his/her hands on anyone at anytime for any reason.

I'm not so sure this is true. We all have the right to defend ourselves, for example. Also, in my state physical force (minimum necessary) can be used to effect a legal arrest, any bruises sustatined are the responsibility of the apprehendee's own misbehaviour. I would think Chapman's state would have a similar legal theory.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 19 Sep 2006 09:13 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 5
Experience: More than 10 years
Check your state's laws regarding felony convictions...when you become one you lose all of your RIGHTS..civil, constitutional, etc.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 19 Sep 2006 10:02 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Mindtracker wrote:
Check your state's laws regarding felony convictions...when you become one you lose all of your RIGHTS..civil, constitutional, etc.

This is what I'm getting at. Most law schools spend more time focusing on what a person's rights are, and how to defend them, than they do on knowing laws. Not that I want to start a political debate on coulda/outta's but we all know that courts and laws are more liberal/left leaning than the general public. I doubt that a prior felon loses all rights from past mistakes. Jusitice is blind and all that. Certain rights, certainly. No CCW, etc, and even then, no CCW without a pardon.

My state laws are pretty clear that the right of self defense is never denied, that you have the right to defend yourself against illegal physical force, etc and does not have an exception for your past history.

New Orleans, La.

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Media Coverage